Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 23rd April …

Four Blues facing tests​

Player

Injury

Update

Dom AkueiConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.
Availability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Matt CarrollGroinContinuing on his modified program.
Return to play will be further assessed in Round 7. (Update: 26 March)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 23 April)
David CuninghamCalfAiming to be test to play next week. (Update: 23 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankConcussionProgressing through recovery.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 9. (Update: 16 April)
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring last week. Will enter a conditioning block.
Availability: 5-6 weeks. (Update: 3 April)
Mitch McGovernHamstringAvailability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 23 April)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Zac WilliamsAchilles sorenessReceived a knock to Achilles on Saturday and was subbed out of the game.
Jacob WeiteringCorkAvailability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Billy WilsonConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.

How far away is Walsh?
Assuming he's turned up to Ikon this morning he's about 26km from where I am at the moment.

However, you'd need to keep in mind that the distance will differ for you depending on where you are in relation to Sam Walsh.

On topic: DQ82 mentioned he'd he right for Gather round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming he's turned up to Ikon this morning he's about 26km from where I am at the moment.

However, you'd need to keep in mind that the distance will differ for you depending on where you are in relation to Sam Walsh.

On topic: DQ82 mentioned he'd he right for Gather round.

R2-D2, DQ82 and their mate Jacob Weitering?

Last edited:
It was interesting that Blue Abroad (who now seems to have internal club links) posted his early video on Sam Walsh saying nothing at all untoward with Walsh and everyone getting hysterical. That it was only precautionary insinuating watch for his imminent return. I do wonder if the club used him.

I know nothing more than you about Walshy mate. My sense is that he had a setback in that match simulation and we see him back when we see him back. I have no idea whatsoever what the timeline or his rehab program looks like.

You'd think we'd be getting an update today or tomorrow in the lead up to Friday's game.
I don't think we like to let the opposition know too much about how we might select the side.

I don't think we will know much until teams are selected.

We have the possibility of making 4-6 changes. Think we will use that as a tactic leading up to this game. Keep the opposition guessing as to what our lineup will look like.

I don't know if it really makes much different to opposition planning. But what it does mean is that they have to plan for 29 potential opposition players rather than 22-24 so that could be something.

Would not even be surprised if we name Walsh and withdraw him on match day.

You'd think we'd be getting an update today or tomorrow in the lead up to Friday's game.
Shortage of compute resources on the cloud providers at the moment with the palace using it all to create movies of Kate. We're up next and the plan is to have footage of Walsh taking Jezza like speckies and weightlifting a few 100kg.

I know nothing more than you about Walshy mate. My sense is that he had a setback in that match simulation and we see him back when we see him back. I have no idea whatsoever what the timeline or his rehab program looks like.

Fair enough. I did want to know so you have answered.

You can understand why I pointed it out though. The theme of your early Walsh video built down the significance of Walsh's setback. Instead it was right to be frustrated as he missed the season start. And he missed in the context of yet another season start with a big injury list of key players.

I mean, it's fundamentally right to get frustrated if a player of the calibre of Walshy/Weitering is going to miss 'any' game.

Carry on the good work Terry, especially where your investigate the media bit. It was this that made me post on your video in the first place. You're practically mainstream now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Information on the Walsh injury has been all over the place. The only conclusion I can draw from that is nobody (including the club) actually knew exactly what was going on. Back injuries can be funny like that.

The vibe I'm getting is that it really was precautionary at first, then there was concern as it wasnt improving as quickly as anticipated. Now it's come good.

Obviously at each of those stages there would have been people looking at it more optimistically and more pessimistically which has filtered through here depending on where people are getting their info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back