Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 23rd April …

Four Blues facing tests​

Player

Injury

Update

Dom AkueiConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.
Availability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Matt CarrollGroinContinuing on his modified program.
Return to play will be further assessed in Round 7. (Update: 26 March)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 23 April)
David CuninghamCalfAiming to be test to play next week. (Update: 23 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankConcussionProgressing through recovery.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 9. (Update: 16 April)
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring last week. Will enter a conditioning block.
Availability: 5-6 weeks. (Update: 3 April)
Mitch McGovernHamstringAvailability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 23 April)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Zac WilliamsAchilles sorenessReceived a knock to Achilles on Saturday and was subbed out of the game.
Jacob WeiteringCorkAvailability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Billy WilsonConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.

He didn't seem too convincing when saying it to be honest.

Maybe a few weeks away but not far.

Just get him right.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

He didn't seem too convincing when saying it to be honest.

Maybe a few weeks away but not far.

Just get him right.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

With respect to North, Freo & the Crows, we have a BIG three weeks in Rd’s 6, 7 & 8. The Giants, Geelong & Collingwood.
All played in Melbourne.
Let’s just build him up for then.

Last edited:
With respect to North, Freo & the Crows, we have a BIG three weeks in Rd’s 6, 7 & 8. The Giants, Geelong & Collingwood.
All played in Melbourne.
Not sure we have any kind of choice here.
He plays when his back tells him he can play.
as frustrating and worrying as this is, at least I think we don’t have to worry about the club rushing him back.
Hopefully those days are over.

Not sure if others heard, but JSOS is doing special comments on 3AW for Demons/Dogs game and doing a good job. Definitely a career for him there.

Was asked pre-game about his knee surgery and recovery and suggested his recovery had had a bit of an early setback and is healing slower than expected. Said only now the swelling is starting to reduce and getting some better range of movement.

Last edited:
All played in Melbourne.
You want his first game/s of the season to be against some of our biggest challengers? If he's right to go, he should be playing in the lead up to those games.

Will we play Weitering & Walsh next week?

I’m told Martin & Motlop are good to go

Weitering is fine and training but this week will join full training for first time. Been extremely cautious. It will be close to 14 weeks since injury

Walsh improving but won’t play until 100% fine. May not do contact for another week

With North being opponent and Freo the week after (over 3 weeks from Tigers game) do we give some more time and blocks of training?

E.Hollands Marchbank also available. Will be an interesting team selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will we play Weitering & Walsh next week?

I’m told Martin & Motlop are good to go

Weitering is fine and training but this week will join full training for first time. Been extremely cautious. It will be close to 14 weeks since injury

Walsh improving but won’t play until 100% fine. May not do contact for another week

With North being opponent and Freo the week after (over 3 weeks from Tigers game) do we give some more time and blocks of training?

E.Hollands Marchbank also available. Will be an interesting team selection

exploit north at their weakest - their defence. Would be good therefore to have Martin back to give us another forward target.

I think we will be keen to Bring back Marchbank, Weitering, Martin and Walsh. Sounds like Walsh may not be quite there but I think th e possibility of playing the other 4 against north and having a game in them before freo is high.

Yes, trained most of the pre season to lose most of his conditioning in the beginning of the year is a blow.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Still looks pretty ripped in the clubs Instagram story. Most of those weight losses due to illness come back fairly quickly afterwards anyway, hopefully only takes him a couple of weeks to get back into match fitness

Walsh’s people sought outside club opinion on his injury. The second opinion did not suggest surgery as the clubs opinion was suggesting. Another external doc getting involved like Martin last year does not look good for our clubs people. Walsh’s back is now heaps better lucky they didn’t listen.
Thanks for the info Red but I fear you've just sparked atleast 20 more pages of Sakc Russell debate with this comment

Walsh’s people sought outside club opinion on his injury. The second opinion did not suggest surgery as the clubs opinion was suggesting. Another external doc getting involved like Martin last year does not look good for our clubs people. Walsh’s back is now heaps better lucky they didn’t listen.
Don't love this but you've had a pretty good line for awhile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back