Injury Blue Healers Medical Room 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s time to delist Marchbank at seasons end; unfortunately his body cannot stand up to the demands of an AFL player. Regardless of positional need, there comes a point of no return.

As for Andrew Russell, this is the final piece in the jigsaw puzzle, overpaid and the injury lists since his appointment have been horrendous. Time for a reset on player management; losing his bloated wage could see the club hire two replacement staf
So withdrawn from a VFL game at half time with a sore knee.....next game he plays and needs surgery on a knee....very coincidental if not related...

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Absolutely, knee knock in the VFL and then meniscus tear a week later. Talk about mismanagement/misdiagnosis. surely with his history, they would have contemplated a scan after the knock?

Gutted for Marchbank, seriously over our medical team

As a huge advocate of Marchbank, I’m going to channel McKay’s 4 game return from his meniscus tear.

The club will be torn between protecting him and going, well both sides (club and Marchbank personally) need to find out this year about his future.

It’s time to delist Marchbank at seasons end; unfortunately his body cannot stand up to the demands of an AFL player. Regardless of positional need, there comes a point of no return.

As for Andrew Russell, this is the final piece in the jigsaw puzzle, overpaid and the injury lists since his appointment have been horrendous. Time for a reset on player management; losing his bloated wage could see the club hire two replacement staff.
Any chance you can send me the link to Russell’s salary? I can’t seem to find it.

In the business of winning premierships. You don't do that with half your list injured. Gotta make hard decisions. That anecdote is irrelevant as it useless.

I like Caleb as much as the next supporter. Just gotta cut some guys loose sometimes.
I apologise for picking your post to attack, but you’re wrong, it’s folk like you I’d never want in the trenches.
I’d prefer to die trying than leave my mates behind, regardless of flags or not.
We do it as a familia or not at all.
👏♥️

I apologise for picking your post to attack, but you’re wrong, it’s folk like you I’d never want in the trenches.
I’d prefer to die trying than leave my mates behind, regardless of flags or not.
We do it as a familia or not at all.
👏♥️
Lucky this isn't war and it's just football. I'd rather win a premiership if it means we have to leave a few behind (which happens every year when we cut players).

I’m glad that none of you sentimentalit’s are in positions of authority or influence in the football or recruitment department or on the Board. We all love Marchy but it’s now obvious that his body is, to put it mildly, unreliable for AFL football - actually it’s most probably not up to it. But that is just a brutal fact of life. He and the rest of us need to accept that fact and move on. He moves on from the playing list and we all find another player to support in place of Marchy.

Lucky this isn't war and it's just football. I'd rather win a premiership if it means we have to leave a few behind (which happens every year when we cut players).
Sorry Pabs, see it how you want, I don’t agree with your reasoning.
I’m sure Voss and the playing group would side with me, but opinions and arseholes and all that!
No point taking this further!
You take care bruv!👍♥️😎

Everyone wants things to be clear-cut.

'His body's not up to it' vs 'He'll come good'

The hardest pill to swallow is: we don't know. Maybe he'll come good. Maybe he'll get injury after injury and eventually retire. Maybe something in the middle.

The club has to make list decisions every year without ever knowing if they're the 'right' decisions or not. Such is life. Anyone here who talks as if they know for sure what the 'right' decision is is talking through their hat, and believe me, I should know.

I get where the 'body not up to it' people are coming from. There's a psychological relief that comes from not having to worry about something any more, even if the outcome is bad. Doesn't mean those people don't care. Often it means they care a lot but are tired of getting burned.

Personally I'd rather persist, not just for Marchbank's sake but for the club's as well. Yes, that opinion is influenced by emotion, just the same as everyone else's. But seeing Doc and Charlie both playing as well as they have this year highlights for me the importance of hanging on to quality players. Marchbank played better in his first game back than Charlie did in his. I know, apples and oranges, but still, I saw enough on Friday to confirm that Marchbank is a quality player. The upside if he does come good is still very high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m glad that none of you sentimentalit’s are in positions of authority or influence in the football or recruitment department or on the Board. We all love Marchy but it’s now obvious that his body is, to put it mildly, unreliable for AFL football - actually it’s most probably not up to it. But that is just a brutal fact of life. He and the rest of us need to accept that fact and move on. He moves on from the playing list and we all find another player to support in place of Marchy.

And I am glad that you aren't a motivational officer at the club during games, given you stated we would lose to North and * at some point through those games

It's ******* bullshit, all of it.

How is a 22 year old non-injury prone Cerra pulling a hamstring 10 minutes into the game?

And Marchbank meniscus... I'm now convinced the guy has an undiagnosed connective tissue disorder, this is ridiculous. He must have low-grade Ehlers-Danlos or something.
Off the bye too for Cerra. Bewildering. Not like there was cumulative fatigue from prior games.

At what stage can people start asking serious questions about the clubs medical department, without getting shouted down?

Is it a simple case of drafting a lot of injury prone players or trading in a lot of injury prone players? Which we have, or is there something not quite right, surely it can’t all be bad luck.

I posted last week my dismay at Marchbank being picked, after not even being able to get through a single VFL match un injured and here we are, a knee injury, after one game.

Go over the events of the last few weeks and read them slowly, Marchy after a 2 year lay off, due to multiple injuries, most notably an ACL, returns via the VFL, after a half he is taken out of the game after copping a knock to his knee (good knee), Marchbank doesn’t play the next game due to the latest injury, the next week Marchy is picked to play AFL.

Picked to play AFL after getting through no games of VFL football, picked to play AFL after missing the previous match with a knee injury.

It smells like sh*t people

It's a tricky one, you can't turn your rookie list into a triage ward either. I think a few calls will have to be made down the track.

However right now Marchbank must be devastated. You've got to feel for him, poor bastard. Wish him all the best in processing/dealing with the heart ache of this latest set back.

gotta love it - possibly the end of a bloke's career but what's more important? "I posted about this last week - I'd like everyone to look at me cause I said something doubting this bloke's endurance" genuinely pathetic

McGovern, Marchbank and Cuningham are players you want on your list - they all beat their opponents. Carlton doesn't have a plethora of genuine winners need to keep as many as possible because they don't grow on trees.

At what stage can people start asking serious questions about the clubs medical department, without getting shouted down?
I think people can ask whatever questions they like.. its not like any of us have a clue what really happens in the medical room.

I'll be more inclined to pay attention though, if or when the club starts asking questions.

McGovern, Marchbank and Cuningham are players you want on your list - they all beat their opponents. Carlton doesn't have a plethora of genuine winners need to keep as many as possible because they don't grow on trees.
I think you want players who can do that, sure, but are you willing for that list position to a) be paid above/around AFL average and b) unavailable more than 50% of the time?

If the list position isn't an issue via a rookie spot and the wage isn't hurting, I am more than happy to retain all three in the short term (next two years). But we need games from them, otherwise the list is hamstrung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back