Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had his contract even started yet? If it had, not sure why he wouldn't have already been over here.
Both were due to arrive right before day one of preseason training.

Had his contract even started yet? If it had, not sure why he wouldn't have already been over here.

I suspect both Irish boys have already signed. I wonder what happens now? Probably goes on LTI list and we get another list spot (assuming only one was going to be cat B). If he has signed he would get paid too.

Oh dear. Was hoping we'd have an overnight sensation on our hands.

If this thread had to be bumped though ... could have been worse.

I'm on Zac Williams watch. Don't go near him. Don't even think about popping his bubble wrap.

Latest Update 12th December

Gov - concussion :(

Carlton star Mitch McGovern has suffered a concussion during a Blues training session as the league considers whether to limit clubs’ contact training to help prevent head knocks.
McGovern endured a head knock at training on Monday and will miss the final two training sessions leading into the Christmas break.

While the gun backman has entered concussion protocols, he is expected to make a full recovery in time for training to resume in mid January.

Last edited:
Officially added to the list yesterday and then does an ACL within a day? **** you, injury gods.

Poor bastard. All the best to him, hope recovery goes well.
Another draftee possible, or rookie now.
Sure the duo drafting from Ireland would have been undertaken to assist with the transition to Aust. Do we have any other Irish lads we were keen on?

I do wonder what happens to the list spot. Because don't Cat B rookies sit outside the list somehow?

So if he goes on LTI do we get another Cat B spot or it is a rookie spot :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who signed off on him playing? Extremely poor imo. No room for leeway in a professional environment.

Would we let Cripps play in a semi-pro basketball game? Or Hollands in a soccer game?

Amateur hour.

Hate to be that guy (not really) but it had to be said.

Nothing to see here. They’re still keeping fit & in condition for our pre-season.
Bad luck is all.
There’s been actual AFL senior players playing Gaelic footy in the off-season, approved by the clubs.

Nothing to see here. They’re still keeping fit & in condition for our pre-season.
Bad luck is all.
There’s been actual AFL senior players playing Gaelic footy in the off-season, approved by the clubs.
yeah, it's not against any rule and the club were aware of his pre-existing agreement to play and signed off on it.

the point being that it's always a risk and we have a list spot and salary tied up in a player injured outside our 'environment'. we accepted the risk and it's the right thing to do on a personal level but what is being said by a few in here, myself included, is that the risk isn't one we like.

yeah, it's not against any rule and the club were aware of his pre-existing agreement to play and signed off on it.

the point being that it's always a risk and we have a list spot and salary tied up in a player injured outside our 'environment'. we accepted the risk and it's the right thing to do on a personal level but what is being said by a few in here, myself included, is that the risk isn't one we like.

There’s risk in everything, just an unfortunate injury that can happen in physical exercise.
Could have done it in pre-season, just like ZW.

Who signed off on him playing? Extremely poor imo. No room for leeway in a professional environment.

Would we let Cripps play in a semi-pro basketball game? Or Hollands in a soccer game?

Amateur hour.

Hate to be that guy (not really) but it had to be said.
This. You've signed a new contract for a proffesional sporting club and you are playing an amateur sport in another country a few weeks from the start of training. Ridiculous.

I hope he sticks with us. Rehabbing for 12 months on the other side of the globe to home at 19 years old would be quite difficult. It’s a shame he won’t be able to work on his ball skills for a large portion of that.

So we have an extra list spot now?

Last edited:
Bad luck is all.
If he was serious in forging an AFL career you need to make professional decisions. More than likely cost him that opportunity now.

If he was serious in forging an AFL career you need to make professional decisions. More than likely cost him that opportunity now.

Is Mark O’Connor (premiership player) serious about his AFL career?
Also playing Gaelic footy = to keep fit & also enjoy their native game at the same time.

We gave our blessing, don’t think CFC are unprofessional, everyone just caught a bad break.

Is Mark O’Connor (premiership player) serious about his AFL career?
Also playing Gaelic footy = to keep fit & also enjoy their native game at the same time.

We gave our blessing, don’t think CFC are unprofessional, everyone just caught a bad break.
Time will tell I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back