Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is an absurd mischaracterisation of what I said. The club is a membership based organisation, and participates in a public spectator sport that many people are interested in - particularly on this forum (and given you spend what seems like 99% of your time posting here, that's probably true for you).

It seems a fairly minor expectation to have that clubs report injuries and other major news, and that they do so in good faith and provide reasonably accurate information. It doesn't have to be daily updates (particularly over the Christmas break), but major injuries, and occasional updates on the progress of players with long-term injuries seems a pretty minor 'machination', and it is just good public relations and supporter management if nothing else.

'Sit down and support the club' - how condescending... apparently being a supporter means just blindly barracking for the team? Why go on a discussion forum if not to discuss, debate and engage with a range of views? The club is certainly due its share of scrutiny after being a basket case for two decades. 'They owe you zero...' - seems a strange way to view members and an attitude that won't serve the club well. Luckily, I don't think anyone at the club thinks that way, because it would be pretty ordinary if they did.
I agree, it's not entitled at all. It's only footy, ffs.
What possible damaging outcome (except personal issues) occurs by being 100% transparent about everything towards the club's supporters?

better not say anything about king russell, bloke can do no wrong!

Can you explain the exact nature of both injuries please, and then explain explicitly why either or both are AR's fault?

Attendance figures now to be known as number of stakeholders.
11 clubs in the AFL are owned by the members, 2 by the WAFC and 5 by the AFL. Coterie groups pump huge money into the clubs. Such an immature stance. Some open decent communication from time to time isnt much of an ask - as soon as someone has a half decent request you're acting like they ask for mental health records or daily updates which is not the case.

those members decide who sits on a board to make decisions for the members in the best interest of the club. But yeah by all means we should be grateful for anything the club spews in our direction

Can you explain the exact nature of both injuries please, and then explain explicitly why either or both are AR's fault?
to be fair how would anyone be able to explain any injury with any level of detail when we get so little or dated info. Im not saying they are ARs fault could have been more impact injuries like a smother kick or something. But....boyd missing out the rest of the year heaps of time off and fractures the same foot again makes you wonder if it ever fully healed - bones generally dont grow back weaker so its either horrific luck (we seem to be pros in this area) or he was let loose on the track too early. I expect cotters was training just his ass off and busted his foot which is fine... At least we know boyd fractured his foot and its not just "sore"

I'd like to compile a list of our injuries over the past decade. We were injury prone before Russell came as well.

I know we have recruited players with a history of injuries, but it's starting to get a little bit much.

I'd love to know what the review found. They possibly could have given a little more detail about what we are doing to change things.

I mean, we are now individualising training. That seems to be something we should have been doing all along.

How do Geelong manage their older players so well? Why do Richmond and Brisbane get so few injuries?

Can it keep coming down to luck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They need to send Worksafe to Carlton.
It’s a joke

Cottrell Boyd out for months and Young is in a moonboot but no word from club
Add Walsh,
Pittonet and Marchbank doing limited work and whoever else
If it was a commercial workplace they’d be investigated.

Carlton’s post is inaccurate. It’s a refracture for Boyd.
Cottrell is lauded by the club for putting on 5kg then gets a stress fracture.
Pittonet has Pcl surgery post season after returning from pcl surgery.
Don’t even worry about Curnow cuningham and Marchbank
Docherty 2 pre season ACL injuries
Walsh hurt back in round 19 and was a late out in round 22
McGovern hamstring
Martin calf
Silvagni shoulder
Kennedy ankle
Kreuzer foot
Cripps-get him bigger no get him smaller
McKay shoulder.

Dow drafted with explosive speed but can’t kick.
Now, slow can’t kick
O’Brien still no composure
Stocker gawn
Fogarty hasn’t played more than 4 in a row I’d guess
They’re going to …. this up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to compile a list of our injuries over the past decade. We were injury prone before Russell came as well.

I know we have recruited players with a history of injuries, but it's starting to get a little bit much.

I'd love to know what the review found. They possibly could have given a little more detail about what we are doing to change things.

I mean, we are now individualising training. That seems to be something we should have been doing all along.

How do Geelong manage their older players so well? Why do Richmond and Brisbane get so few injuries?

Can it keep coming down to luck?
playing devils advocate - could it be our list age? we have a lot in that low to mid 20s is that an age group where players tend to get injured more? I cant understand our poor run at it either....and i dont think the club can unfortunately. Richmond have had some good runs and some average runs with injury, but lions do really well which i could only put down to the warmer weather but that only helps you so much. lack of info makes me feel like they are withholding information because the truth would reflect bad on them. Jordan boyd cracks foot kicking the goal post...dont care, jordan boyd cracks foot because he should of got surgery ages ago - acute fractures (not sure if he did last year or not) or it never fully healed and we let him back kicking the footy - i have a big issue

What do you want explained?

Why do we get all these stress fracture injuries with feet?

Why do we have multiple players with lingering back issues?

Why do we get told Walsh was fine after Christmas by Cripps, McKay and others and then he’s out for a good chunk of the season?

Why are we being lied about the return of players and the extent of their injuries?

The timelines of injuries are always so loose. Other clubs like Geelong and Pies tell their fans exactly what’s happening and exactly what’s being done about it.

All these types of injuries are from overloading or doing something stupid in the gym.

Russell has been poor since being at our club. He’s had some absolute great successes like getting Curnow back to his best, but all these blokes with the back injuries and all the moon boot feet stress fracture rubbish is outweighing the good.

Why is nothing being done about it?

That good enough of an answer

Its the ground. Not just Russell.

Similar issues under previous fitness gurus. Buttifant, Cordy et al.

Princes Park and the outside grounds are clearly too hard over summer. Possibly overused with AFLW also played on it.

Everything should be scrutinised

Lewis Young reported in a moon boot as well

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Can you articulate which injuries are ever able to be sheeted home to the ‘High Performance’ team? Any? None? Which ones? Just hamstrings? No others? Hiya trust the club? Just bad luck and bad luck and more bad luck?

******* give me a break.

Let me ask this question:

What would GET WOrSE if we ****ed Russell off and gave someone else a shot? Name ONE THINg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know...

How we rehabilitated Harry's back issue, where he then went on to win a Coleman

Charlie, coming back after 2 odd years out and winning a coleman

Cripps, 2 years of injuries, coming back and winning a Brownlow/BNF

Young, playing stuff all footy then having an amazing first year at the club

Saad, never winning AA honours at 2 other clubs, but winning 1 with us

Kennedy having serious injury concerns at GWS and initially with us, then a career best year in 2022

Fisher having injury concerns each year, then playing all games in 2022

Doc, 2 ACLS, 2 cancer stints and playing every game in 2022

Cotts having his best season in 2022

I want answers and I want them now

Last edited:
Fmd, this thread
Your right.

We shouldnt discuss injuries, recurrence of injuries or really anything injury related in an injury thread.

Apologies, play on...

Lets put a positive spin on it, at least these guys arent top10 players on our list

I want to know...

How we rehabilitated Harry's back issue, where he then went on to win a Coleman

Charlie, coming back after 2 odd years out and winning a coleman

Cripps, 2 years of injuries, coming back and winning a Brownlow/BNF

Young, playing stuff all footy then having an amazing first year at the club

Saad, never winning AA honours at 2 other clubs, but winning 1 with us

Kennedy having serious injury concerns at GWS and initially with us, then a career best year in 2022

Fisher having injury concerns each year, then playing all games in 2022

Doc, 2 ACLS, 2 cancer stints and playing every game in 2022

Cotts having his best season in 2022

I want answers and I want them now

Your right.

We shouldnt discuss injuries, recurrence of injuries or really anything injury related in an injury thread.

Apologies, play on...

Lets put a positive spin on it, at least these guys arent top10 players on our list

Mitch Clearly more transparent on Carlton injuries than Carlton.

No one wears a moon boot, just because... its not a fashion statement and he isnt Buzz Aldrin

No, but they do sometimes use them short term, as in wear it for maybe a week, on a minor ankle injury or similar.

Remember the Pendlebury moon boot thing from a few years back? Precautionary, helping protect some bruising on the ankle or something like that so it recovers faster (?). Trained and almost got up the next week then returned the week after, so only missed one. Still not fashion, but it can happen.

to be fair how would anyone be able to explain any injury with any level of detail when we get so little or dated info.

I think the more pertinent issue is why do people think they know better than the people who know all the facts, despite only knowing maybe 1%?

Why do we get all these stress fracture injuries with feet?
Good question.
Why do we have multiple players with lingering back issues?
Good question.
Why do we get told Walsh was fine after Christmas by Cripps, McKay and others and then he’s out for a good chunk of the season?
The issue here is why those players would speak about someone else's injury without knowing.

The other issue, why would you assume they know what they're talking about?

Why are we being lied about the return of players and the extent of their injuries?
Who has lied?

The timelines of injuries are always so loose. Other clubs like Geelong and Pies tell their fans exactly what’s happening and exactly what’s being done about it.
Bullshit. There's uncertainty about injuries at every club, not just at Carlton. Criticism of the club is fine, but this is completely nonsensical.

Injury timelines are loose because of the uncertainty. That's not unusual or unique to Carlton.

All these types of injuries are from overloading or doing something stupid in the gym.
You don't know that. Many of our injuries have been contact related.
Russell has been poor since being at our club. He’s had some absolute great successes like getting Curnow back to his best, but all these blokes with the back injuries and all the moon boot feet stress fracture rubbish is outweighing the good.
He has been poor because we have injuries?

Is he the only person at the club responsible?

I'm pretty sure you're not going to be able to tell me what his job actually entails, so maybe let's lay off the absurd criticism.

Why is nothing being done about it?
How do you know nothing is being done about it?

That good enough of an answer
Not really, no. I appreciate the vent though.

Can you articulate which injuries are ever able to be sheeted home to the ‘High Performance’ team? Any? None? Which ones? Just hamstrings? No others? Hiya trust the club? Just bad luck and bad luck and more bad luck?
High performance team would have a role to play, but it's absurd to continuously point the finger at one department, let alone one guy.

What would GET WOrSE if we ****ed Russell off and gave someone else a shot? Name ONE THINg.

Again, without knowing what his role actually entails, it's impossible for you (or me, and I'm not pretending otherwise) to make that sort of claim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back