Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs have 6-8 key names needed to sign next season. Most could request more money due to their quality. Young is OOC and is perfect to add to the stocks of KPP. I think there’s some talent there and with the lack of certainty on Marchbank and an aging Jones, he makes sense. He did play a good first game against us.

Not to mention at 202cm can pinch hit or play ruck if we have copped injuries. I would say not a player that they would want to lose but may need to. And I don’t think we would pay that much. I mean they (looking at you Mitch Cleary) are arguing SPS is pick 35.
Superb athlete, late bloomer. Footywire still lists at 197 cm, so added 5cm since being drafted. Last seen playing first ruck for dogs before Martin returned from injury. Genuinely has Levi comparisons, can play both ends and in the ruck. Fair to say Leviesque as well as struggles a bit with structures and decision making. Yet young enough to continue developing. May just be a diamond in the rough. Very good list fit for mine. We need KPP and ruck depth. For mine, the draft not offering any bankable options in our draft range. I am sure options are there, but lack of games and development of the kids may make them hard to identify confidently.

Superb athlete, late bloomer. Footywire still lists at 197 cm, so added 5cm since being drafted. Last seen playing first ruck for dogs before Martin returned from injury. Genuinely has Levi comparisons, can play both ends and in the ruck. Fair to say Leviesque as well as struggles a bit with structures and decision making. Yet young enough to continue developing. May just be a diamond in the rough. Very good list fit for mine. We need KPP and ruck depth. For mine, the draft not offering any bankable options in our draft range. I am sure options are there, but lack of games and development of the kids may make them hard to identify confidently.

Hey Coona, always love your input! I think that’s on the money and I’m going to take your word regarding the draft, always knowledgeable! Can I please ask what you think of Brander?

We desperately need a tactic based coach
Old school effort based leaders are great
But against well tactically coached teams we will have our strengths nullified
I’m starting to worry about the quality of our assistants
Hopefully we get someone from a successful
Program to bring some tactics across

Why we should’ve taken the tactics guy as Snr Coach. You can find any number of people who are “all about the contest “ to motivate and chat with the boys.

Why Brander? He is a list clogger.

Young is a good depth player but you wouldn't want to be giving up much. At some point we need to draft some top end talent ourselves again.
I'm beginning to change my mind on grabbing Talia(if he's healthy) as an alternative to Brander, Ladhams and Lewis. Is Riccardi still likely to be available?

Hmmm...doesn't seem to get mentioned as 'highly rated' like some other assistants though I could be wrong.

Also, he's been at St Kilda for a very long time, 10 years. And they haven't really been a good team in that time.
So what do you think Voss and co saw in Hamill?

Apparently they've had a two year deal for him to sign for the past month but he is exploring his options. I like the 201cm size and he looks like he's got clean hands. I'd be keen to lure him away if possible.
With JUH being integrated in to the side, young Darcy coming in the draft and a later blooming Schache joining Keath , Gardner and Cordy in defence Naughton and now English either rucking or playing Key Forward with retention of Martin and Sweet in the wings, talls are not in short supply. Bruce will be LTI for 2022, but will be back. Young likely remains a fix it insurance type for the foreseeable future. Makes sense to explore his options. Great skills and athleticism, but has a bit to learn.

Brothers and Sisters in C….Carlton. Don’t stress about the assistant coach appointments until they finish and they don’t include someone with renowned tactical nous. If that occurs we should then be very concerned. For the moment Hamill is a hard working, highly experienced foot soldier. He is fine as as defence coach. Now to find a Caracalla or an Uze!

Isn't that a gun?

He's a good Sturt lad and at the time I was disappointed he went to the dogs. I'd be happy to have him at the Blues.

Pick 61 would get it done surely?

He has played 50 games in the twos and twenty odd in the seniors
durable over 5 years. Nice mark also. Bit string bean but potential/ backmen ruck .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My two cents Cerra Vs 6

The only time we could regret pick 6 is 5 years from now IF

1. Josh Gibcus is available with that pick
  2. We still haven't drafted/traded in a quality key defender and Jones is long retired
  3. Gibcus is (or has) developing into a top tier key defender

That's 3 big if's which is a whole lot more than adding Cerra.

At best I view the other likely draftees at pick 6 as at best being as good as Cerra.

Cerra helps address an immediate need and will fill out our midfield very nicely. We lack his type on the list. We need more B-or-better grade mids. You can never have enough.

For me it comes down to addressing our future KPD need versus addressing an immediate need with class.

Gibcus may not even be available at 6. That would be deflating and a gamble we needn't take.

Very happy with Cerra. If Dow can continue to come on, Kennedy or Setters show their class and Cripps returns to form under Vossy we will be in the thick of September action.

Bazzo
Van Rooyen

Would be good gets and maybe available at pick 25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Browndog,
I’m gonna add my 2 cents worth to this argument….and it’s not to discredit or offend anybody..

Cerra is easily worth pick 6 any day of the week, month or year but…..

He is uncontracted and wants to head home…for this reason I can understand why many supporters feel pick 6 is too much.

Freo’s next best option is a long way from pick 6. Personally I’d be trying to pick him up with our future first plus a sweetener and stay in this years draft.

Anyway, only my opinion but I’m no list manager.
Not gunna happen…

Hey Coona, always love your input! I think that’s on the money and I’m going to take your word regarding the draft, always knowledgeable! Can I please ask what you think of Brander?
I like Brander quite a bit, but I am not sure he is the player we need. At 195cm he is not tall by modern KPP standards and has been kept more athlete than bull by design by West Coast. Played some decent games as a defensive winger and some good ones in the WAFL as a KPD. Would need a year or two of bulking up to play genuine AFL key position. He is more second or third tall even then.

My feeling is that we need a big bopper with decent athleticism to assume LJ’s role taking the no. 1 talls. Weiters is being forced more and more to play no. 1 defender and is less suited for the role. While he can hold his own or better against the Hawkins types, Jacob is found out on the more athletic key forwards, he is better suited to 2nd banana/interceptor. Likely to struggle against the Kings and Larkey types.

Young could fill that role, he is not unlike a young Liam Jones, skills and athleticism but not quite there. Thinking time beside Weiters, Doc. and co, might make him a valuable piece. Thinking a safer gamble than Brander, although would not be against taking both if the salary cap could manage it. Trouble being we have to make list spots for incoming trades plus 3 draftees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back