Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did we involve hawks in the deal?
What do we get out of it besides trading a potential second pick for shitter picks from them?

At first look I thought the Hawks deal was horrible.

However if Giants finish 2nd in 2017 this pick will be approx #39 (that's Sydney's 2nd round pick this year)

So 2017 pick 39 for for 48, 66 and 70 this year.

I can only assume SOS has his eyes on at least 4 guys he expects to be available at these points in this year's draft.

So in hindsight it looks reasonable to me - otherwise we have pick 25 and then 63 and 81.

Hoping that in a deep and even draft some nuggets slide through to these picks.

i must get over and check out the Adelaide thread - they will be going bananas. they lost lyons a young mid who in time would have replaced thompson. lets hope they have injuries and clubs have seen how to beat them. Dumb ass club that didnt have the courage to fully explore their window.

Going berserk - "Reid is a f***wit" etc etc etc

Can anyone explain why we helped the Hawks out?
I don't see what we get out of it?
Maybe to fill up their salary cap - so that we can go for fyfe next year with less competition

Crows fans divided, half blame us for wanting a ridiculous price for Gibbs, the other half blaming them for not even going close to the asking price and having no Plan B.

Not a good time to be a Crows fan.

I have been wondering how on earth CFC have been paying full TPP the last few years.

Rumours around that Brycie boy has indeed been very naughty and done a Paddy Ryder.

I.e. signed a heavily front ended 5 year contract - taken the big money early then done a runner after 2 years when the small money kicks in.

Also note that Reid from Crows was his manager when this contract was signed.

This may explain why SOS and Bolton are mightily pissed off with Gibbs and Adelaide, refusing to take Crows phone calls and are telling Gibbs manager - "you created this problem so you sort it out - call us when it's done".

News is starting to surface that I may have been "on the money" here.

I.e. Gibbs had a heavily front ended contract and tried to walk after 2 years - citing "personal reasons" that no-one would talk about - His bank balance!!!!!!

If true - what a prick.

2017 in the shitter before Xmas !!
And a few more after if they are to be believed. Most can see their forward line getting too old before they will have the midfield to challenge at the pointy end and they have let Lyons go who played 20 games and missed on Gibbs while bringing in nobody to help.

It will be a dangerous place to post anything for the next few days.

And a few more after if they are to be believed. Most can see their forward line getting too old before they will have the midfield to challenge at the pointy end and they have let Lyons go who played 20 games and missed on Gibbs while bringing in nobody to help.

It will be a dangerous place to post anything for the next few days.

You're just the man for that mission, Jabba. Good luck and I pray for a short ban. We salute you!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I.e. Gibbs had a heavily front ended contract and tried to walk after 2 years - citing "personal reasons" that no-one would talk about - His bank balance!!!!!!

If true - what a prick.
If that were your true intentions how many do you think you'd divulge that to, and then the likelihood of it getting out?

I'd suspect any such 'rumours' to be based on speculation. Don't think that's reasonable basis to smear him.

widely (and probably still) regarded as a father son lock, Ben Jarman has actually had 6-7 clubs around his house to visit. We were one of them

#Bluemour

Given Hawthorn have nothing left in the bank, wouldn't it be funny if we force Adelaide to use #13 by bidding with #5.

I think if you would of suggested by the end of the trade period we would of:
A - kept Gibbs (preventing overexposure to Cripps)
B - Added Palmer and Smets (will play some midfield i think) to further assist Cripps
C - Landed Marchbank & Pickett
All while holding picks in every round this year, including our original 1st & 2nd and only sacrificing 2E and a future 2nd pick... You would think it impossible.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
This is basically it. Simply speaking we were targeting 2 players during this trade period who had nominated us & we got those players without losing Gibbs or Pick 5. So we held onto one of our best midfielders & will get to pick another quality midfielder in the ND, while getting an absolute quality 19 year old KPD & a 20 year old with plenty of x-factor.

I'll drink to that.

Why did we involve hawks in the deal?
What do we get out of it besides trading a potential second pick for shitter picks from them?
I think because we have 4 new ins (Smedts, Palmer, Marchbank and Pickett) and one out (Tuohy) it eats into our 5 list spots which result from retirements and delistings (Walker, Jamison, Foster, Dick and Smith, note Wood a rookie). If we are to delist a few more players, then makes sense we have a few draft picks in the range of 48-70, otherwise our third pick would be around pick 81.

I think because we have 4 new ins (Smedts, Palmer, Marchbank and Pickett) and one out (Tuohy) it eats into our 5 list spots which result from retirements and delistings (Walker, Jamison, Foster, Dick and Smith, note Wood a rookie). If we are to delist a few more players, then makes sense we have a few draft picks in the range of 48-70, otherwise our third pick would be around pick 81.

Sounds like SOS and Macca know what theyre doing.

It's not about ******* or helping anyone, it's about sorting out list out.

You're just the man for that mission, Jabba. Good luck and I pray for a short ban. We salute you!!!
Half their board is posting nastier stuff than we could insult them with, might leave em to it.

No doubt Hawks will look after us with a trade next year!
We also helped the Suns in a way. Suns didn't want to lose JOM for nothing so our future 2nd benefited them too. They have a stack of 2nd rounders next year. The benefits could be greater with the Suns. A lot more to play with.

If true - what a prick.
Explains why his manager was so filthy. Missed out on the commish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back