Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to lose Gibbs for some young talent. Great player and I like him but he will never reach his full potential at the Blues. Adelaides 1st rounder and a young player works for me.
bang-head-here.jpg

Who's waldron?

Brian Waldron is a loud mouthed dickhead with a poor track record in sports administration culminating in the Melbourne Storm salary cap issues. He does a spot on SEN and in my opinion talks a lot of s**t so I am not convinced we should be taking it too seriously at this point.

Would be worth trading Gibbs from the mindset of clearing up more valuable Salary Cap Space (can't help but think we paid overs when we re-signed him)

Lets be honest, he is a good player, but by no means is he a champion of this footy club, if we can get assets in terms of draft picks and/or younger players to help us by the time our next flag window opens (which i'm sure won't be open till after Gibbs retires) then we should go for it.

With all due respect, i really don't think we'd be worse off (in terms of wins or losses) if we traded Gibbs, I really think trading him would be the kind of pizazz/shake up this footy club needs to do to take the next step in our rebuild/evolution.

Would be worth trading Gibbs from the mindset of clearing up more valuable Salary Cap Space (can't help but think we paid overs when we re-signed him)

Lets be honest, he is a good player, but by no means is he a champion of this footy club, if we can get assets in terms of draft picks and/or younger players to help us by the time our next flag window opens (which i'm sure won't be open till after Gibbs retires) then we should go for it.

With all due respect, i really don't think we'd be worse off (in terms of wins or losses) if we traded Gibbs, I really think trading him would be the kind of pizazz/shake up this footy club needs to do to take the next step in our rebuild/evolution.
Please refer to "Bluemour discussion thread". Page229, Post # 5710. Marc Shmurf 3 .... Next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clear salary space for what? Now would be the WORST time to clear cap space, we'll end up paying our kids too much too early which will mean they'll expect even bigger pay packets when they're in their prime. Need to pay someone the cash, may as well be Murphy, Gibbs and Daisy.

Please refer to "Bluemour discussion thread". Page229, Post # 5710. Marc Shmurf 3 .... Next.

His word ain't gospel mate as much as I appreciate his updates and with another media person telling the rumour we can discuss it in this thread.

Care to elaborate instead of looking for likes?

If you go through my posts I have always defended and rated Gibbs but implying he's untouchable is laughable.

clear salary space for what? Now would be the WORST time to clear cap space, we'll end up paying our kids too much too early which will mean they'll expect even bigger pay packets when they're in their prime. Need to pay someone the cash, may as well be Murphy, Gibbs and Daisy.

That's why we need to sign Cripps to a 10 year 7 million dollar deal and front load it paying him 3 million for the next 2 years then 125k for the next 8. Same with Doc.

His word ain't gospel mate as much as I appreciate his updates and with another media person telling the rumour we can discuss it in this thread.

Care to elaborate instead of looking for likes?

If you go through my posts I have always defended and rated Gibbs but implying he's untouchable is laughable.
After reading this one, I doubt I'll be going through your posts "mate"....

Want me to elaborate? Ok...

Gibbs isn't going anywhere. Or should I say, "ain't" going anywhere... Satisfied?

Last edited:
I'm with DVB, we should trade Gibbs to free up about 4,000 odd pages of discussion from BF with regards to whether we should trade him or not!
what would we do with all that freed up crap-space?

After reading this one, I doubt I'll be going through your posts "mate"....

Want me to elaborate? Ok...

Gibbs isn't going anywhere. Satisfied?

It was hard not to cringe reading that reply, if you think my use of the word 'mate' was condescending it's not don't take things so personally when its just actually how I speak.

If you weren't so touchy about people discussing a potential trade in a rumour thread you would see my post asking for elaboration was directed to the post of the IMG not what you said?

As for the bolded you don't know that, nothing official has been said about Gibbs being untouchable sorry. Once again I reiterate that Gibbs is a fine player but with a lack of valuable tradable commodities we have Gibbs could be used to get us more high draft picks.

Please don't pidgeon hole my post's as a waste of time, I enjoy engaging in conversations as do the rest of the people on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back