Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can you guys please stop talking about trading Gibbs? Not that it bothers me. I'm not opposed to the idea if it helps us in the long term. But you guys don't have to live with the Coach! He's sulking and stomping around the house, mumbling something about
"*en *en trade Gibbs, *en grrr bigfooty, grrr stupid Gibbs rumour *en grrr *en *en something something "
He's unbearable! Please take pity on me. I may be forced to confiscate his phone.

Can you guys please stop talking about trading Gibbs? Not that it bothers me. I'm not opposed to the idea if it helps us in the long term. But you guys don't have to live with the Coach! He's sulking and stomping around the house, mumbling something about
"****en ****en trade Gibbs, ****en grrr bigfooty, grrr stupid Gibbs rumour ****en grrr ****en ****en something something "
He's unbearable! Please take pity on me. I may be forced to confiscate his phone.
MrsC16.........we've traced the rant............it's coming from inside his head..............

So here is a list of potential targets so far discussed/rumoured to being looked at. Ive highligjted who I think may be most likely. Interested to see others opinions
Marchbank
O'Meara
Pickett
Hrovat
Stewart
Matera
Palmer
Tomlinson
Smedts
Lyons
Barrett
Grigg
CEY
Darling

I can't believe some people are grizzling about last year's draft haul, SOS absolutely nailed it, Charlie and Harry Mackay were bloody unlucky with injuries, they'll hopefully have a clean bill of health in 2017, and Cuningham really showed some exciting signs in the last couple of games. 2 more solid draft hits like the 2015 National Draft, and we're seriously back in business folks.

Who is "grizzling" about our 2015 draft class?

I reckon the vast majority are pleased with what they've seen thus far & buoyant about their futures at the club.

I don't know if this post belongs in the rumour or list management thread, but I am really enjoying the change of culture/line of thinking re recruiting SOS and Trigg and the other relative newbies in the Footy Dept have bought to the football club, we no longer seem focused or obsessed about trying to bring in a 'big name/cashed up player' every year (no doubt Carlton 2 or 3 years ago would have ponied up the cash and the no 5 draft pick to get an O'Meara across)

The new regime does seem to actively want to build the list up via the draft (whilst picking up handy recruits like Marchbank in the process)

I think it's refreshing, it's obvious won't happen this year, but generally speaking having 4 picks inside the top 20 of the draft, rather than lure a big name star, there is no substitute for drafting and developing our own champions.

We have finally embraced 21st Century recruiting, admittedly we still need to work on our drafting and developing 2nd round and later draft picks better, and I'm still a bit worried about the Northern Blues, but as a whole, i'm excited that the club is no longer throwing away money for a cheap fix/thrill recruit like your Prestia's or your O'Meara's, The Doggies recruiting blueprint since 2010 is pretty much the way to go, and Silvangi gets this.

I can't believe some people are grizzling about last year's draft haul, SOS absolutely nailed it, Charlie and Harry Mackay were bloody unlucky with injuries, they'll hopefully have a clean bill of health in 2017, and Cuningham really showed some exciting signs in the last couple of games. 2 more solid draft hits like the 2015 National Draft, and we're seriously back in business folks.

Completely agree. I feel confident in the club's direction and rebuild for the first time in a long time.

However, not sure there is much grizzling about last year's draft haul.

I think there is almost universal admiration of what SOS and crew achieved. Maybe a little doubt over swapping 20 & 21 for 11, possibly. But we arguably got Curnow for way unders, so that's all good too.

Last edited:

I reckon the vast majority are pleased with what they've seen thus far & buoyant about their futures at the club.

I've seen a couple of posters a bit unhappy about it, but i think last year's trade and drafting period was bit of a culture shock, but hopefully its the way forward for our club and hopefully most supporters have the patience required, not all kids/draftees will be instant hits in year one, some players develop/mature in their 2nd or 3rd seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So here is a list of potential targets so far discussed/rumoured to being looked at. Ive highligjted who I think may be most likely. Interested to see others opinions
Marchbank
O'Meara
Pickett
Hrovat
Stewart
Matera
Palmer
Tomlinson
Smedts
Lyons
Barrett
Grigg
CEY
Darling

Pat McKenna and Aiden Corr a chance from the GWS deal as per a couple of sources. Nothing official yet on Jack Steele, so still a chance.
Tom Mitchell if what Electric Blue said is right about us being an option if the Hawthorn deal falls through.
B70 claimed we - as well as a few clubs - were keen on Honeychurch, and that SOS is interested in Aiden Corr.
Josh Green and Brendon Matera mentioned by a few, but not yet confirmed by any reliable sources.
Ben Lennon also seems to be on the radar again.
Eli Templeton, Tom Lamb and Liam Duggan also have been mentioned.....

.....and yes I've read every post!

Last edited:

I have always maintained that the degree of success for last year can only be determined by what we do in this years draft and trade period. If we mess this years period up then what we did last year means far less to the club moving forward. Success in this years period is the key.

Lies!

None of them made the AA extended squad!

And between the five of them - not even a single Brownlow vote!

Reckon we package them all up for Tom Rockliff and Beast Mathieson, addressing our depleted leadership and midfield stocks, then we can make a concerted push for top 4.

"****en ****en trade Gibbs, ****en grrr bigfooty, grrr stupid Gibbs rumour ****en grrr ****en ****en something something "

Look Mrs C, if you need someone to council er counsel him I am happy to help out......

Pat McKenna a chance from the GWS deal as per a couple of sources. Nothing official yet on Jack Steele, so still a chance.
Tom Mitchell if what Electric Blue said is right about us being an option if the Hawthorn deal falls through.
B70 claimed we - as well as a few clubs - were keen on Honeychurch.
Josh Green and Brendon Matera mentioned by a few, but not yet confirmed by any reliable sources.
Ben Lennon also seems to be on the radar again.
Eli Templeton, Tom Lamb and Liam Duggan also have been mentioned.....

.....and yes I've read every post!

I read all of your post solely because of your account creation date. Anyone going at 6 posts a year average for 15 years needs their posts read!

Let's just get a plugin on his browser that changes 'Gibbs' to 'Jones' and that should keep things under control for 12 months. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back