Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw Sam Gray is nowhere near the player Papley is. Go float that idea on the Port Board, see the reaction you get

Not saying he's as good/better/similar to Papley or Martin but anyone who can add a goal per game, 18 possessions and is not afraid to put Mumford on his arse is welcome at the club any time IMHO.

The number of posters saying pick 7-8 would be overs for Papley is astonishing.

Look what the Lions gave up for Cameron, which was widely considered to be overs, and look what they are getting in return.

Not saying Papley is going to deliver on that level but if you want a good young player who is currently contracted, and who can add serious value to your club, especially in a position where you need quality - then you get the trade done.

They are playing for a spot in the finals this week, and he's up in Sydney looking for a sports psychologist??

Maybe. He did say this time of year is hectic because of the rules around staff retention.

I think you’re overestimating how big a deal it is for him to go to Sydney. He could have gone up last night or first thing this morning and been back at the club by lunch time.

It would have had absolutely no impact on his preparation for their game on the weekend.

Look what the Lions gave up for Cameron, which was widely considered to be overs, and look what they are getting in return.

Not saying Papley is going to deliver on that level but if you want a good young player who is currently contracted, and who can add serious value to your club, especially in a position where you need quality - then you get the trade done.
like where the giant 3 toed tree sloth is coming from........

Kreuzer TDK and possibly Cameron as ruckman.
Curnow McKay and McGovern as marking forwards.
No room or need for a very conditional 2mPeter.
Coniglio Papley Martin
All quality players of need
Identify and go hard !!

TDK hasn't proven anything. Cameron is 24, Wright is still just 22 and shown more at AFL level.

If Cas is to go replacing him with Wright who can play the back up ruck/forward role is more of a like for like replacement.

He's a different player to Curnow, McGovern and McKay. Don't want McKay having to play back up ruck at all.

Get him cheap and then back in our staff to see him reach his true potential.

Yeesh. If we got Cognilio, Papley and Martin in a single trade period. Imagine.......

Naaa, it's just not going to happen. No chance of landing all three, maybe one?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would be a solid period for sure.

Nothing like Kernahan, Bradley, Motley and Dorotich etc back in the day but would definitely be a great help.

Pick 7-9 would be overs for Papley, unless we got back something early in the 2nd round.

Cameron is a much better/dangerous small forward

I do get the feeling the media is trying to pressure Coniglio into staying and trying to shift public opinion that way.

Everyone in the mainstream has said the whole time they think he will stay, but I just don't see it at all. It's been compared to Martin but really i don't think Martin was ever leaving. Cogs doesn't feel that way

I get it, it's in the AFLs best interest that the good players stay at these clubs. If GWS falls down the ladder and the Suns don't go anywhere soon they'll both fold imo. GWS despite the on field success really don't have a strong supporter base. If the success flounders they're in real strife

Pick 7-9 would be overs for Papley, unless we got back something early in the 2nd round.

And I’d

Sellers market; contracted player. You know how this works.

Point is if we get a gun small forward/mid for the next 10 years - and I think we would - then pick 7-8 isn’t overs.

TDK hasn't proven anything. Cameron is 24, Wright is still just 22 and shown more at AFL level.

If Cas is to go replacing him with Wright who can play the back up ruck/forward role is more of a like for like replacement.

He's a different player to Curnow, McGovern and McKay. Don't want McKay having to play back up ruck at all.

Get him cheap and then back in our staff to see him reach his true potential.

TDK was identified and selected as Kreuzer’s long term replacement.
Good judges say TDK has what 2mP hasn’t ... if you know what i mean 😉
Cameron would be the bridge and might just surprise in his own right.
No room or need for Wright up forward with our big 3 and an improving Silvagni.
Use what resources we have to secure what we need.

Sellers market; contracted player. You know how this works.

Point is if we get a gun small forward/mid for the next 10 years - and I think we would - then pick 7-8 isn’t overs.

Think there is better bang for buck than using a mid 1st round pick on Papley

Personally, I think he stay at the Swans next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can get Martin in other ways, like future 2nd and some pick swaps.

From what we've heard from Teague Levi is very much in his plans.

Cas looks fit, he could probably keep a high standard for at least 2 years, maybe more. We've seen how quick teams can jump up the ladder like Brisbane...who's to say we couldn't make top 4 in 2-3 years? Cas could very well still be part of the team in that timeframe.
If the price is right, need to keep him.

Remember, Teague also ran a 4 tall lineup in Adelaide in their Granny year from memory with Tex, Jenkins, Gov and Lynch.

The versatility of Casboult to play all over the ground and also be second ruck is immense for us. In saying all that, I am reluctant to throw around a 3 year deal if the money isn't right.

TDK was identified and selected as Kreuzer’s long term replacement.
Good judges say TDK has what 2mP hasn’t ... if you know what i mean 😉
Cameron would be the bridge and might just surprise in his own right.
No room or need for Wright up forward with our big 3 and an improving Silvagni.
Use what resources we have to secure what we need.

Curnow and McGovern are the same height as Setterfield.

So there is a need for another legitimate tall forward that can back up the ruckman.

Given how injury prone many of our bigs are having talented depth on the roster is a must.

TDK is 20 and played 2 games. Not into counting chickens before they hatch.

Get him cheap as part of a Martin trade and i'm all for it.

Curnow and McGovern are the same height as Setterfield.

So there is a need for another legitimate tall forward that can back up the ruckman.

Given how injury prone many of our bigs are having talented depth on the roster is a must.

TDK is 20 and played 2 games. Not into counting chickens before they hatch.

Get him cheap as part of a Martin trade and i'm all for it.

Curnow and McGovern are marking forwards, their height is irrelevant.

McKay is the legitimate tall forward that can back up in the ruck.
FWIW, Wright has actually stated he doesn’t like playing in the ruck.

Cameron is your depth and a genuine ruckman.

To say you have no faith atm in TDK is to say you may as well not draft at all ...

Not saying he's as good/better/similar to Papley or Martin but anyone who can add a goal per game, 18 possessions and is not afraid to put Mumford on his arse is welcome at the club any time IMHO.

Averages can be misleading. 9 of his 20 goals came in 3 games. Has gone goalless in 7 games. Only managed 11 since April.
Many of his possessions are junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back