Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

And after assuring another poster this was 'fact' and not opinion, was asked if could reveal their source.

No I can’t. But the realisation that he can’t “Travel the World” during a Global pandemic has made him readjust his mindset. He will be our next Coach. 100%.

I know this news has somewhat broken already but for what it’s worth, spoke to a club administrator who keeps their cards very close to their chest normally.

Interesting points:

- Teague lost the players last year in the hub, when issues re game plan were brought up by players, they fell on deaf ears.

- this fractured a lot of relationships

- Teague became particularly bitter and nasty towards not only players, but staff that had nothing to do with his termination. The feeling was that he’d completely lost the plot (understandable imo)

Had to read between the lines on the following*

- Lyon highly unlikely

- Cook is waiting for geelongs finals campaign to be over before signing but is more or less done

- Carlton will not let Clarkson walk away from this

- both Scott brothers are options 2 and 3 but like I said, they won’t let go of Clarkson and Cook is seen as somewhat of a key piece to that

From the conversation, my overall feeling was that (and this wasn’t my opinion pre convo) moving on from Teague was 100% the right decision.

Also, the club is not in as bad a shape as being portrayed, and actually quite the opposite. This is a bit of a line in the sand moment for us. Sayers is the right person for the job… There is hope
#Bluemour

Trying to keep expectations in check. But for what it’s worth… I posted Clarkson to the blues 2 weeks ago before the media circus. Once the media hit, I assumed the mail was off the mark. BUT, my source (who has been very accurate this past year) is still adamant it’s a done deal and is getting a good laugh at the media circus.

Time will tell.

#Bluemour

Geez this will literally look like I’m jumping on other peoples coattails but my one and only source who moves around AFL circles (not CFC mind you) told me Clarkson would be announced as coach tomorrow between 10am-11am also said CFC are negotiating with Hawks to pay half what they owe Clarkson …. now I’m calling BS and don’t for one second believe any of it …… and he wouldn’t give me the source (again not CFC) but said he would tomorrow when the news broke.

Take it as you like just passing on what he said and like I said he is my one and only source with anything to do with AFL.

#Bluemour

Ex-premiership Blue telling me club have secured Lloyd replacement. Cook move said to be the catalyst. Possible further additions to Footy department under new Footy Boss.

Lachy Neale news is shocking but good, happy for him, bigger things in life than football. Pick 6 is probably officially gone now. 6 and 8 gets them Neale. Welcome Adam.

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't got news on who our coach will be, but the train has found a new home, which will help with our soft cap.
Expecting a large shifting of assistant coaches and other football department members as teams fight to balance out their spends. North have sacked their entire high performance department.

#Bluemour

Ill play today.

My post the night before about throwing another snag on the barbie was in relation to Gia (hot dog). The role that I heard was not the head role (yet).

That's as much as I can openly share this morning.

Sportsbet may have similar but different info.

#Bluemour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then from Wickzicki
Lots of goodies in this bag.
No names here. If you've been playing along then names aren't necessary anyway.

CEO:

Coach + lead assistant in a Roos-Goodwin type scenario:

New assistants on the way:

Someone new high up in the FD:

Someone old returning to the FD:

Potential for another former name to return

This is the way. Likely to kick off this week.

#Bluemour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back