Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have your life figured out at that age in your life? His form this year in the SANFL shows his starting to make some changes and learn from his mistakes. His very close to Eddie so if he was to come to the club I’m sure Eddie would continue to provide the memtorship behind the scenes and keep him focused in Melbourne. Everyone deserves another chance and Tyson does too
Bootsma never got another chance

again, I don't get it. Not everyone is an A grader. We need serviceable role players, like every other team.
Can’t agree with this more. Same reason we got Bam Bam and Setters. Same reason I would look at Dunstan. Depth also creates competition, creates improvement. With our (and most teams) injury history, we don’t need a VFL team simply full of kids, at some positions we need experience in the reserves.

Not saying we should necessarily go after him but interesting that Mitch Wallis remains without a contract.
Again, we should be asking the question. Can play, just can’t get the opportunity. Add him to the list.

Conversely, we MUST draft 3 players. There’s plenty we could look at, but we must remember this fact.

Can’t agree with this more. Same reason we got Bam Bam and Setters. Same reason I would look at Dunstan. Depth also creates competition, creates improvement. With our (and most teams) injury history, we don’t need a VFL team simply full of kids, at some positions we need experience in the reserves.

The issue we have is, we have a team full of role players and not enough top end talent. A lot of our guys who play week in week our should be our depth players.

Stengle has been tearing it up in the SANFL, his still very young only 21 this whole no “dickhead policy” is seriously a joke. His a young kid who has made a mistake but look at his rebound from those mistakes seems focused now, so much talent and fills a need

Doesn’t have the drive unfortunately.
SANFL suits him as he does not have to put in as much time and can still go out with his mates on weekends and have his fun.

I think the fact that Richmond had a really good look at him and decided to offer Tarrant a contract instead may suggest that something bad may have been found in his medical testing.

I’m quite surprised of the lack of talk here and in general circles regarding Talia, for a club that is desperate for KPD depth or even another key position defender, I would have thought, we’d be all over him.

Aside from this year, he has been super durable, what’s the issue? Did his output last year drop considerably, has he slowed down, is he a bad guy?

We are talking about a FA who would help us buy a few years whilst we developed 1-2 kids through the reserves.

I hope we have at least done a medical or enquired.

Talia is a huge chance to stay in Adelaide and not play AFL at all.

His wife is very well set up here with her business and the talk is he will play SANFL.

Highly rated means just that. All the opinions to delist Marchbank have me stumped. He deserves a chance to come back next year and the club won’t delist him. We’ll be such a better team if he comes good but suspect he probably has a year to do it.

Also look at Melbourne

Max Gawn 2 x ACL’s
Lever 2 x ACLS’s
Petracca 1 x ACL.

Hmmmm imagine they got rid of the blokes that did two ACL’s.
Let’s hope that while Marchbank recovers from his ACL it has also given his body time to get over all his other ailments..

Absolutely spot on. And we had the chance this year, but instead have decided to trade for Cerra. I just hope the list management side of things knows what they’re doing. My preference would still have been for the tall defender in the draft. The risk with talls in particular is that at some stage you end up missing the draft boat with the demographics of your list. This is because the core player group reaches the upper limits of its potential and stays in their window for only so long, while the development of an 18 year old kid takes time. I’d say we are getting towards the end of the period where we can bring in a young tall who will be hitting their stride at the same time as McKay, Weitering, and Curnow are at their peak.
There is one key defender (Gibcus) projected to go before 25 (our likely first pick) in the latest draft update on afl.com.au.

Surely you take Cerra's talents (who will improve us significantly) and draft the second best key defender? No need for your Talia/Lewis Young types with McDonald and hopefully Marchbank as break in case if emergency whilst said draftee developes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue we have is, we have a team full of role players and not enough top end talent. A lot of our guys who play week in week our should be our depth players.
Agree mate. But where do we get the top end talent if we continue to trade our first rounders out. Not that I debate the Cerra and Saad moves. A - you pick the pocket of others and increase your depth incrementally. ….and hopefully our first rounder gets later and later. Hell it was me who called Walsh Vanilla. I get the we need talent part. Love Walshy now.

Side note - If we retain 25 or whatever it becomes, we should draft KP/Ruck depth. Mids can be got more readily by trade.

Id still categorically send out the feelers on Finlayson, Wallis, Brander, Young, etc etc. List sizes are too small for romanticism. I love Marchbank, but if it was him or Finlayson, right now, I’d move Caleb on as he simply can’t get himself right. Not his or our fault.

Copied over from the Trade/Free Agency thread.

This also applies to attention seeking Twitter/Facebook/social media fan accounts.
Sure. And can you keep trade talk opinion and non rumours to the trade thread?
Deal?
(It's not me ...it's shetland. He get's wildly grumpy for a little fella. Can't crease his newspaper either)

With our list status at the moment bringing Dunstan in would mean having to lose a Ramsay, Carroll or LOB type off the list.

Would we want to do that for a bloke who has a reputation for being the comps worst ball user? Would only have interest in Dunstan if Cerra or Hewitt didn't eventuate.

Sure. And can you keep trade talk opinion and non rumours to the trade thread?
Deal?
(It's not me ...it's shetland. He get's wildly grumpy for a little fella. Can't crease his newspaper either)
We’ll post where we shouldn’t and you’ll like it Hoss. Sometimes the better conversation is in the wrong thread, wrong stable, wrong paddock……you get my gist.

….hard to discuss a bluemour too if it’s quoted from a media source, and someone quickly flips it to the No Discussion thread unnecessarily.

With our list status at the moment bringing Dunstan in would mean having to lose a Ramsay, Carroll or LOB type off the list.

Would we want to do that for a bloke who has a reputation for being the comps worst ball user? Would only have interest in Dunstan if Cerra or Hewitt didn't eventuate.
Ramsay has done what? Carroll, who I like, needs to come through soon. LOB is?? Dunstan scored Brownlow votes this year, that means more to a bottom 8 side than a ‘potential’ in the 2’s. We still need depth as much as anything. Sure, if those 3 were knocking down the door, I’d wilt, but they’re not, and gifting opportunities is romantic but expensive.

We’ll post where we shouldn’t and you’ll like it Hoss. Sometimes the better conversation is in the wrong thread, wrong stable, wrong paddock……you get my gist.

….hard to discuss a bluemour too if it’s quoted from a media source, and someone quickly flips it to the No Discussion thread unnecessarily.
Good - posting talk about bluemour no discussions
Not so good - talking makey uppey about players who may or may not go and how good they are..non bluemour related... and
No good at all - having a go at other posters for having a different opinion on the makey uppey.

Just asking that the latter 2 categories take place in trade talk is all.
Cheers sheepy. :thumbsu: :):blueheart:

Good for them but it's not about doing an ACL, it's about him only playing 15+ games once in his 8 years in the league. Averaged just 5 games across the other 7 years, 4 of those years where he played just a combined 7 games.

I'd love for him to stay on the list, but I think we just need to be realistic about his future in the AFL.

Wouldn't be surprised if we rookie him.

Clearly, the Club must make a call on whether they reckon the guy can (and will) be able to play regular, consistent senior footy in the future.

You'd presume Jack Russell and co are over that better than us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back