Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Is there any awareness of how stupid they look talking about Premierships in 2 or 3 years? FMD talk about arrogance.

Nothing screams get rid of these jokers more than these types of calls.

Spoken like a businessman looking for investors.

Just that title alone "Dons call on club legends for review" tells you all that needs to be known.

Do we get in independent, external and unbiased experts to conduct the review? No of course not, Sheeds will do it!

FMD

Mate remember he's won us flags.
Honestly who would be better to do a review of our club?
What? You want to get some non-Essendon person in?
Just pay your membership, obviously they know what they're doing.
Oh and by the way we are having a celebration of our great club, please buy a ticket to the game, and the dinner and our branded apparel.
But while your handing over your cash please do be quiet, there's a good chap.

Mate remember he's won us flags.
Honestly who would be better to do a review of our club?
What? You want to get some non-Essendon person in?
Just pay your membership, obviously they know what they're doing.
Oh and by the way we are having a celebration of our great club, please buy a ticket to the game, and the dinner and our branded apparel.
But while your handing over your cash please do be quiet, there's a good chap.
My message is pay your membership and vote the *ers out :cool:

Is there any awareness of how stupid they look talking about Premierships in 2 or 3 years? FMD talk about arrogance.

Nothing screams get rid of these jokers more than these types of calls.

It would've been better if he'd said top 4 instead of premiership, but I think even that's a stretch at this stage.

As for flag in 3 years no chance but it is football club waffle. You know 100% if we keep having games where we just give in the coach will get the bullet. No president is going to come out and say we are ****ed and it will take 5 to 10 years to do anything.
I have only ever had a few brief conversations with him but I do know a few people that have been involved with him through avenues outside of the footy club and they all say he is straight down the line and a really genuine person.

It would've been better if he'd said top 4 instead of premiership, but I think even that's a stretch at this stage.
To use a Kennett phrase , challenging for a top 4 spot would have sounded better.

Didn't the club make some moves about 4-5 years ago to sure up board stability by having more positions appointed rather than elected?
You can still vote and anyone can run. Problem has been there has been a limited amount of quality candidates to challenge.

You can still vote and anyone can run. Problem has been there has been a limited amount of quality candidates to challenge.
Looked it up, directors are 6 elected and 4 appointed. 2 elected and 1 appointment come up each year. So you can vote for 20% each year, and hope they retain their spots.

Most effective vote is with your wallet.

As for flag in 3 years no chance but it is football club waffle. You know 100% if we keep having games where we just give in the coach will get the bullet. No president is going to come out and say we are ducked and it will take 5 to 10 years to do anything.
I have only ever had a few brief conversations with him but I do know a few people that have been involved with him through avenues outside of the footy club and they all say he is straight down the line and a really genuine person.
He's potentially talking to 100,000 members and a million plus supporters when he does these preplanned announcements and interviews. They aren't in impromptu door stops. So when he says we will be flag contenders in - 2 or 3 years - It's intentional. So therefore he's either delusional or full of it.

Given the absolute bold face crap about Xaviers announcement slipping through the cracks I would suggest the latter.

Bottom line is he may be a straight shooter generally but If he's 'having' to compromise truth in his position as Chair then he can always exercise a different option and step down.

Looked it up, directors are 6 elected and 4 appointed. 2 elected and 1 appointment come up each year. So you can vote for 20% each year, and hope they retain their spots.

Most effective vote is with your wallet.
Vote with your wallet and you never get the opportunity to change anything. Who is going to vote for change if 20,000 members do not pay up ? The 5000 to 8000 that bother to vote. In 3 years you can vote in 6 new board members which outnumber the appointments. Maybe if a few more people got of their ass and actually did something we would have had people like Ron Gauci on the board. By not voting and not paying up you actually contribute to the boys club as the majority who do vote seem to be in their corner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's potentially talking to 100,000 members and a million plus supporters when he does these preplanned announcements and interviews. They aren't in impromptu door stops. So when he says we will be flag contenders in - 2 or 3 years - It's intentional. So therefore he's either delusional or full of it.

Given the absolute bold face crap about Xaviers announcement slipping through the cracks I would suggest the latter.

Bottom line is he may be a straight shooter generally but If he's 'having' to compromise truth in his position as Chair then he can always exercise a different option and step down.
It is intentional but it is also football club waffle. Like I said name me one president of any major Australian Football Club that does not do the same.
If member have an issue then maybe they had better stop just giving their opinions on a footy forum and get involved with the process and vote. We have 70,000 plus members (not sure on how many have voting rights ) but 8000 is the record amount of voters in any of the board elections. As I said above , maybe if members actually bothered looking at who is running and voted for change people like Ron Gauci may have ended up on the board.
If enough members actually networked with each other they would have the power to do something but most Essendon supporters or members never get involved.

It is intentional but it is also football club waffle. Like I said name me one president of any major Australian Football Club that does not do the same.
If member have an issue then maybe they had better stop just giving their opinions on a footy forum and get involved with the process and vote. We have 70,000 plus members (not sure on how many have voting rights ) but 8000 is the record amount of voters in any of the board elections. As I said above , maybe if members actually bothered looking at who is running and voted for change people like Ron Gauci may have ended up on the board.
If enough members actually networked with each other they would have the power to do something but most Essendon supporters or members never get involved.
Agree with most of this. The part I can't comment on is that all the president's do the same. Maybe they do but I don't follow other clubs closely enough to know. Personally I thought we would be a laughing stock when I read Brashers quote.

Agree with most of this. The part I can't comment on is that all the president's do the same. Maybe they do but I don't follow other clubs closely enough to know. Personally I thought we would be a laughing stock when I read Brashers quote.
They do. North Melbourne's CEO was on SEN the other day saying the criticism of Noble was laughable. Happens all the time. The only real issue I have is the message would have been better if it was challenging for top 4 in 3 years.

As for flag in 3 years no chance but it is football club waffle. You know 100% if we keep having games where we just give in the coach will get the bullet. No president is going to come out and say we are ducked and it will take 5 to 10 years to do anything.
Agree totally with the bolded. If the last bit is true, and everybody knows I know sfa (just ask em!), then he must have felt like a real moron saying it.

It's 2104, Essendon haven't won't a final for 97 years. Chairman, Kevin sheedys head in a jar has called for a full review of the club from top to bottom. Board members Simon Madden jnr and Sean Wellman jnr promise to leave no stone unturned. Head of recruiting and genomic advancement, a hologram of Adrian Dodoro has defended the stem cell cloning of flankers for the past hundred years saying they are targeting a big bodied mid to finish the 37th build of his tenure, we are going to stay the course. We still arnt where we want to be.

The club has called for patience from its members, claiming they will be big players in the 2105 free agency market, we are still on track to win our 47 straight trade period, a club record.

This internal review is going to be worse than useless, prophylactic ass covering at its finest
Campbell, Brasher and Dodoro are very happy taking their pay checks and accepting mediocrity
External review is needed to be objective when people's jobs are on the line
We are going to need a board challenge to come from supporters to get genuine change

Brasher says he speaks with the coach 2x a week. He was also in the interviews with the players in the earlier review. Both of these are real warning signs - the guy is acting like the players and football department are a play thing for him. Not professional for a chair - reviews are done by experts who report back to the board. They allow the football department to do its thing. They do not sit in the meetings and rus shoulders with the talent. He is like a star struck fan who is treating it like a toy for him. He is so, not the right guy - sorry about that as I am sure he actually wants improvement.

Brasher says he speaks with the coach 2x a week. He was also in the interviews with the players in the earlier review. Both of these are real warning signs - the guy is acting like the players and football department are a play thing for him. Not professional for a chair - reviews are done by experts who report back to the board. They allow the football department to do its thing. They do not sit in the meetings and rus shoulders with the talent. He is like a star struck fan who is treating it like a toy for him. He is so, not the right guy - sorry about that as I am sure he actually wants improvement.
Brasher also talks as though he has played the game himself - “without going into the technicalities of defence”..What does he really know about football? I would say nothing - like a fan boy really. Stick to your lanes mate - governance of the club - and experienced enough to choose quality expert leaders - CEO (who needs to change), Coach, etc. He talks about player development, etc. Does that really know anything about this? I would trust observations from Bigfooty comments more than his. The guy is like a kid in a candy shop. Time to move on and get a tough minded chair who understands governance and picking good people. - the whole thing feels like when they re-signed worsfold and we knew we had another 3 years to wait from there - depressing. Need a coup at the AGM…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back