Opinion Bombers and Crows - Inside Knowledge Advantage

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Enjoying the way both the Bombers and Crows are going about it so far this year, however there is a long way to go for both teams to prove they are legitimate contenders for 2012.

I have been thinking about the game between the two in round 19 and think it will be very interesting for many reasons.

Mark Thompson will have great insight into how Brenton Sanderson and Darren Milburn operate while Simon Goodwin will have great insight into the Adelaide FC itself and a lot of the players. Whereas Sanderson and Milburn will know a lot about Bomber and Scott Camporeale will know a lot about the Essendon players.

Both teams are playing a similar style with slight differences, have good rucks and forwards and go at the contest hard.

What do people think about any planning advantage? Will it be with Adelaide or Essendon and why?

While we don't travel well, do not forget we did beat the Crows there last year. They were quite a different team though.

I'd like to think we're in with a shot. Both teams at the peak of their powers but it's hard to think of a result until we see what the form/injuries are like the week before...

I think the inside knowledge thing is kinda... nonsense.

Did we need Bomber and McCartney to tell us to put a defensive forward on Scarlett and to all of a sudden start tackling and moving the ball quickly et cetera et cetera against the Cats last year?

Is the Western Derby fraught with intrigue because Lyon and Worsfold were both loitering around with Parkin and Brittain a decade ago?

It's a nice thought, but honestly, I don't know how far it extends into reality.

While the Adelaide vs Essendon game looks like a mouth watering clash now (10 weeks away from the actual event!), I think it will lose a fair bit of its gloss by the time it comes around. Both sides are still due for plenty of ups and downs as the year progresses and our draw certainly isn't the easiest in the competition. Not saying one or both of the sides will dramatically plummet down towards the bottom of the ladder but there is a lot of water to go under the bridge first.

They will start warm favourites when we play them and rightfully so at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back