List Mgmt. Bonner, Dumont, Teakle and Barkla delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I’d keep Hayes also and Fantasia should have played Saturday night instead of Mac@cheese.

I agree on both points but as for 2024 I think Fantasia is too much of a risk and should go. He is getting married early next year and has plans to practice law so his eyes are set firmly on life after footy. Looking at his last few SANFL games Orazio did not seem to be carrying any injury yet Ken chose not to play him when he was fit and kicking goals in the SANFL so that suggests he is gone. On that basis I think Orazio knows he is gone.

The exit interviews started yesterday and when interviewed afterwards Scott Lycett was not that positive about staying at Alberton so I suspect he is one that has already been told, however as I posted elsewhere any club that can re contract a spud like Mc Entee for two years is capable of doing anything.

So we are going into next year with an unproven young ruck in Sweet and a kid in Visentini. Lycett gone/retired, Teakle not up to it, and Hayes who Hinks hates. We know how this is going to end.😭

Unpopular but I'd be keeping Hayes and Fantasia, we have no coverage in both areas and our drafting selections will be exhausted by who where bringing in.
I would like Hayes to stay too
But part of me hopes he leaves to another afl club, probably Essendon, so that our ruck division next season has 14 games of experience & we will see a third season in a row where Hinkley & co have butchered our chances through gross mismanagement of our rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All sensible. On balance you could say it is harsh on Bonner, but he has also been on the list for eight years and not established himself as an AFL footballer. At some point you just need to cash out and try somebody else.

Teakle is a fail and Dumont is cooked. Barkla was never up to it.

What this does mean is that we have further gutted our already s**t SANFL team. That's 2 of our best 4 players gone, and supposedly another one is looking to be traded.

We can't go into next year with a further weakened SANFL team, we need to find experienced depth players to fill the holes.

Always liked Bonner, might be a little stiff as he's good depth but at the end of the day if we are bringing in more defenders he moves further down the depth chart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back