Sunday 1 May
Box Hill City Oval
2pm Seniors
11am Development Squad

TV: nil
Radio: 94.1FM 3WBC

Weather: showers easing, max 19

Teams below

First placed Box Hill Hawks host thirteenth placed Frankston after doing it the hard way last week against a gallant Coburg. Frankston enjoyed their first win in a long time against Richmond and will be looking to cause a major upset.

Congrats to Pat Lawlor who will play his 50th game.

Anyone volunteering for match reports? If there are a few of us happy to do so, maybe we could break it up in to forwards, mids, rucks and backs?

Please advise if interested and we might be able to get more comprehensive reports put to the faithful!

Go Box Hill!

My tips:
Seniors Hawks by 36 pts
Development Squad by 45pts

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be there as per usual, will try and remember to get the FT Stats so I can actually remember how everyone played. Looking for a very very easy win, but never know with Box Hill. Frankston lost their first 2 games by more than 100, and went 24 games without winning, breaking it against a very very average Richmond VFL side. Hopefully a nice relaxing game.

Praccy match this year, and managed 1 for seniors last year in regular season

Sorry mate but L Langford definitely did not play senior footy for BH last year.

I have the BH annual report in front of me; he played every game in the DS.

As for Surman the kid can certainly take a mark and even kick straight. o_O Very unhawthorn like.

While he is highly regarded internally for his attitude and approach, he will take a fair while to develop fully and maybe even a year or three to finish growing, so patience is the order of the day. :)

Last edited:
This is a great chance for a few of these boys to apply some pressure for senior selection even if it against weak opposition. However the way Hawthorn played today they may have struggled against Frankston. Good luck to Brand and Heatherly in particular. Unfortunately I don't see any contested ball winning midfielders in that team.

Good news on the weather front. We shouldn't get more than a brief shower by the time the game begins. Wind currently from the NW, could be worth a couple of goals to the Whitehorse Rd end.

Just arrived. Weather is clearing but chance of a shower in the first quarter. Wind gusting as the fronts come across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back