Brad Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

aish is going to be an absolute monster. already carving up teams in the midfield at the age of 16. just a once in a generation player. unless he goes in the mini draft, he's surely the bolted on number 1 pick for the draft.
Mini draft eligible? Guessing not...

Mini draft eligible? Guessing not...

Nope. He did look pretty good against WA.

Gee the SA team are bloody good this year. Toumpas, Grundy, Mayes, Kennedy, Colqhoun, Mcdonough and Menzel could all go top 15 this year, throw in Aish who will probably top 2 in 2013, and its a very strong group!

If we had Menzel and Toumpas playing against Metro, you'd think we would have won that match comfortably.

Nope. He did look pretty good against WA.

Gee the SA team are bloody good this year. Toumpas, Grundy, Mayes, Kennedy, Colqhoun, Mcdonough and Menzel could all go top 15 this year, throw in Aish who will probably top 2 in 2013, and its a very strong group!

If we had Menzel and Toumpas playing against Metro, you'd think we would have won that match comfortably.
yeah its a quality line up. not sure about mcdonough and colqhoun going top 15, but both have had great carnivals, so I guess they are doing their chances no harm at all.

Aish is a jet. Looks a class above most already... We must find a way to get this kid!

I worry for Brad Crouch. I dont think he has any idea about whats to hit him come the nab cup next season. Crows fans are notorious for being impatient and expecting too much from young draftees. You only have to go back to the endless Ebert or Dangerfield debate as signal of things to come. I am expecting some of the media and fans to almost expect this bloke to waltz into the first 22 and rack up 30 disposals a game every game and force Thommo into an early retirement. When this scenerio doesnt happen I really dont think many will remember he is only an 18yo kid.

I worry for Brad Crouch. I dont think he has any idea about whats to hit him come the nab cup next season. Crows fans are notorious for being impatient and expecting too much from young draftees. You only have to go back to the endless Ebert or Dangerfield debate as signal of things to come. I am expecting some of the media and fans to almost expect this bloke to waltz into the first 22 and rack up 30 disposals a game every game and force Thommo into an early retirement. When this scenerio doesnt happen I really dont think many will remember he is only an 18yo kid.

Danger handled it well

AFC has a history of recruiting well balanced kids, it appears that this one is the same.

Danger handled it well

AFC has a history of recruiting well balanced kids, it appears that this one is the same.

He isnt Dangerfield. I pray your right. he could well and truly love the attention and thrive on it. I just hope

Danger handled it well

Patty said on one of the Crows podcasts that Crouchy hasn't got homesick once, and is loving time in Adelaide.

It didn't sounded like fluff either, it was pretty genuine what Danger said. He'll be fine.

There was an article about Brads brother and how he talks to him about how he (Brad) is loving it here getting a head start on all the other draftees, not expecting him to be a world beater in his first season, but 2014-15 he will be a very handy addition to what should be a cracking midfield.

I kind of remember seeing an interview with Brad just after we drafted him and some sanctimonious journo asked him, what about homesickness and the go home factor to Melbourne and his reply was something along the lines "I'm a country boy, Melbourne is not my home" - great response I thought

Can understand where you are coming from but I must admit I've been really impressed with the maturity of some of our newer recruits when they've talked to the press. Sure, we aren't sending Sam Shaw out to defend the loss to North Melbourne but the level headedness ( is that really a word?) of some of these guys talking to the press has been really impressive...thinking along the lines of Danger, Talia, Shaw, Sloane maybe not Tex as such though :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee this board can be really glass half empty sometimes! Surely debating Crouch v Toumpas is like asking whos better out of Cotchin and Dangerfield. Who cares. The difference will probably be negligable and I have much faith Crouch will be an absolute gun. Many of us already have egg on our faces when we doubted Rendell for taking Danger. Lets let him play a game before we write him off...

If Brad was eligible to play for us this year (and he didn't get injured), how many games do you think he would have played so far? I can't imagine he would have played more than 2-3 given how well we've been going. I can't help but think he probably would have spent most of the year in the SANFL anyway, with perhaps 5-6 games for the Crows throughout the season.

every game he wasn't injured or coming back from injury until he burnt out. would be a club priority.

Gee this board can be really glass half empty sometimes! Surely debating Crouch v Toumpas is like asking whos better out of Cotchin and Dangerfield. Who cares. The difference will probably be negligable and I have much faith Crouch will be an absolute gun. Many of us already have egg on our faces when we doubted Rendell for taking Danger. Lets let him play a game before we write him off...

I don't think anyone is doubting he is going to be a very good player. It's for so the type of player, we've got great inside mids, a classy outside mid is just what we need. Imagine someone like Jetta feeding on the good work of our inside mids.

I think the great majority of supporters have no real idea who he is. The great majority of footy supporters not being on Bigfooty or follow the club as closely as we do.
Many have probably forgotten him, by now as there is little talk about him from the club and he is not seen at games or his name mentioned as a possible selection. Not to mention the way we procured him was highlighted as much as him being a "Top Draft Pick", even if he is the quality of one.

The pressure will come when he plays games for us, and if he starts to show more than the average 18 year old playing his first few games.

Crouch might have played a game or two but I suspect he would have spent more time in the SANFL than out of it. He's got a well-developed body for a 17 year old, but he's still only 17.
I don't expect it to be much different next year. Some AFL but mostly SANFL games. Long term he will be better for it.

Depends on whether he continues the history of Aish body's

If he can't put on more weight than his name-sakes .....then his future at AFL level may be very limited

I was at Norwood as a junior sharing a weights room with likes of Craig Balme, Michael Aish and co, Whilst Aish was not big (he did spend a lot of time in the gym) he was like a greyhound with hardly an ounce of fat anywere. More that wirey tough build.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back