Brad Sheppard: Time to Unwrap the Present

Remove this Banner Ad

Masto

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Saw he had another good game in the WAFL. 25 possessions and two goals. If Nat Fyfe can come in and have an impact at his size then I don't see why Sheppard can't. In fact he might be a good option for Fyfe and won't be playing on a guy much bigger than him.

yep,why havent the likes of sheppard or stevens been brought in yet..are they further down the pecking order in wafl earning their way up..we need a lecras type in the mid..or at least a solid unit with skills..

The only trouble is that we're playing such a young team and a first gamer to go along with Ashton and Lewis might end up hurting us.

On that other, things can't get a lot worse, although the losses could turn into smashings.

Personally, I wont be upset if we wait a little longer before bringing in blokes like Sheppard, because the fact is, they need to be ready and they're not our saviours at AFL level.

yep,why havent the likes of sheppard or stevens been brought in yet..are they further down the pecking order in wafl earning their way up..we need a lecras type in the mid..or at least a solid unit with skills..
Sheppard has had a fractured cheek and Steven has had a twisted knee... Both have only recently started playing WAFL (1-2 weeks-ish) but with the form they are showing, hopefully see them in the senior side soon. :thumbsu:

yes lets see why we picked him over jetta prove at AFL level why :thumbsu:
Couldnt agree more. Jetta is providing sydney fans with plenty of speed and excitement so far and with the season pretty much over we should be allowed to see what Sheppard can offer us.

Sheppard broke his jaw and has only had two games back in the WAFL since.

No doubt he will be selected this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheppard has had a fractured cheek and Steven has had a twisted knee... Both have only recently started playing WAFL (1-2 weeks-ish) but with the form they are showing, hopefully see them in the senior side soon. :thumbsu:

sack woosher!!! how dare he let players get injured playing WAFL.

On a positive note, great to see them develop.

Sheppard was caught out a bit during the NAB cup so his WAFL progress is encouraging. I liked some of his attacking run from HB against Claremont

I think the idea is to bring in our WAFL saviours one by one, until we realise that there's no such thing; then we can put more effort towards calling for delistings and sackings...

Try and keep up.

Haha Some tosser on another thread wanted to drop Stevenson already. My personal favourite is when they want players dropped but can't think of a player to bring in.

I think the idea is to bring in our WAFL saviours one by one, until we realise that there's no such thing; then we can put more effort towards calling for delistings and sackings...

Try and keep up ; )

No one is saying he is the saviour. He is a talented young kid who Claremont coach Simon McPhee was gushing about on TV a few weeks ago even though he played for the opposition and his own team was up by 6-7 goals. He is ready to be tested at the next level and should be afforded the opportunity. Obviously the team needs to be balanced and if another young kid has to miss out then so be it. He could end up the best player on our list.

No one is saying he is the saviour. He is a talented young kid who Claremont coach Simon McPhee was gushing about on TV a few weeks ago even though he played for the opposition and his own team was up by 6-7 goals. He is ready to be tested at the next level and should be afforded the opportunity. Obviously the team needs to be balanced and if another young kid has to miss out then so be it. He could end up the best player on our list.

That's fair enough, although I know a lot of people are thinking he's the saviour.

Trust me, I've been here long enough to know that whoever is gunning it in the WAFL is the next Chris Judd...until they're not.

Having said that, if Sheppard is the next in line and we have the players to drop, I wouldn't mind seeing him play. Just don't expect him to get a lot of time on ground or have a huge impact.

thats right,forgot that..but tend to agree with jimmythe gent..that its not going to miraculously turn the whole season around,let alone help improve the others skills..but it might improve the midfield,and if he's a good kick - may spear some chest marks to kennedy and lecca.:thumbsu:
also realise you cant just keep going thru your list looking for a saviour,and for every in,there has to be an out..but cant deny i enjoy watching a new player hit the field for the first time,and at least perform like Hams..always a bit of a thrill..just itching to see stevens and sheppard in action is all...

but woosha must be frustrated,in that maybe he knows he's got the depth and talent waiting in the wings,meanwhile he's trying to get the right balance,mix,the right positioning,and get gametime into them,string some wins together to keep the punters happy,and hang on to some players before they want to jump ship etc..a real juggling act with a lot of pressure and expectations........................but thats what he gets paid a mill. a year for - so come on woosha,lets rocknroll..

I want him and other young guys like Swift, Sheppard, Stevens, and Smith to play, not because I think there our saviours but because Embley, Adam Selwood, Brett Jones and Dalziell need to be held accountable for their insipid efforts and embarrassing skills. These supposed leaders are setting a terrible example for our young guys.

We're likely to lose anyway, so why not send a wake-up call to above mentioned and get some freshness and enthusiasm in the team, even if for just one game or two.

re 'insane' post..ive heard elsewhere that embley actually works his heart out onfield which is why he;s so knackered..?.....or is it that the game has just become that much quicker now, and these guys cant adjust/keep up.

in some ways it seems that players are confused by, or hampered by the gameplan,new strategies(?)..like it requires such a robotic team effort,this kills natural intuition/flair..havent we played best when the game opened up and it was almost like normal one on one football....meanwhile i dont know what kills natural skills - too much handballing maybe? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back