Prediction Changes for the Rd 24 Shuey/Hurn farewell tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case Trew - with SFA games - should be in ahead of him this week. More upside.
SPS played a pretty useful game against the Bulldogs.

Set up some goals and did some classy things. He is not a spud.

Just hasn’t quite found his position at AFL level, but maybe we are making one for him at hff.

It's a shame it's a night match for Shuey and Hurns farewell. Ruins the vibe to give them a proper send off. Now they will be walking off the ground in darkness. Also we don't play well at night. Feel like we s**t the bed more.

Just hasn’t quite found his position at AFL level, but maybe we are making one for him at hff.

So how many years and games does he get until he finds a spot?? He isn’t a KPP or Ruck so there out… he isn’t a back or midfielder so that’s gone and he isn’t a goal kicker or decent crumbing forward so that’s gone… Nup he has had more than enough chances

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So how many years and games does he get until he finds a spot?? He isn’t a KPP or Ruck so there out… he isn’t a back or midfielder so that’s gone and he isn’t a goal kicker or decent crumbing forward so that’s gone… Nup he has had more than enough chances

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
High half forward who pressures and kicks into f50.

But I don’t see any point in debating the matter with you. You have written him off along with most of our other players.

So we give SPS another 120 games to find his spot? 😀

We have Trew, Winder or Burgiel who all have less than ten games. In the longer term they may not be better than SPS. But I think we already know the ceiling with SPS whereas we don’t have a sufficient sample size to make a sound decision with Trew, Winder or Burgiel.

Same for Witho and Rotham against JJ or Bazzo or Hough. And Maric and Culley against Waterman.

In the short term we might win a few more games with the more experienced player but to go beyond mediocre as a team we need to be more bold and give games to less experienced players. And give them 20 or so games.

For that reason I couldn’t understand why we didn’t take MSD#2. Sure he might have been a bust but who would have thought we would pick up a promising player at pick 58?

I see Waterman, Witherden, SPS and Rotham as the next ‘credits in the bank’ crew. Useful depth but shouldn’t be getting games when there are similar younger players.

So we give SPS another 120 games to find his spot? 😀

We have Trew, Winder or Burgiel who all have less than ten games. In the longer term they may not be better than SPS. But I think we already know the ceiling with SPS whereas we don’t have a sufficient sample size to make a sound decision with Trew, Winder or Burgiel.

Same for Witho and Rotham against JJ or Bazzo or Hough. And Maric and Culley against Waterman.

In the short term we might win a few more games with the more experienced player but to go beyond mediocre as a team we need to be more bold and give games to less experienced players. And give them 20 or so games.

For that reason I couldn’t understand why we didn’t take MSD#2. Sure he might have been a bust but who would have thought we would pick up a promising player at pick 58?

I see Waterman, Witherden, SPS and Rotham as the next ‘credits in the bank’ crew. Useful depth but shouldn’t be getting games when there are similar younger players.
I would like to see Winder, Trew and Burgiel get games. I am sure Burgiel will play when fit enough.

I think Witherden and Rotham have actually improved this year although they are 23-25 years old. One of Simpson’s achievements this year has been to develop fringe/depth players.

SPS and Waterman are already AFL standard.

Coaching is developing 25 year old players as well as 18 year old ones.

Premiership teams include players of all ages.

I am disappointed that Winder hasn’t got a game this year and Trew has had very limited opportunities.

One of Simpson’s downsides imo to apparently pigeon hole certain players and not give them a chance.
I suppose he is there to make decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see Winder, Trew and Burgiel get games. I am sure Burgiel will play when fit enough.

I think Witherden and Rotham have actually improved this year although they are 23-25 years old. One of Simpson’s achievements this year has been to develop fringe/depth players.

SPS and Waterman are already AFL standard.

Coaching is developing 25 year old players as well as 18 year old ones.

Premiership teams include players of all ages.

I am disappointed that Winder hasn’t got a game this year and Trew has had very limited opportunities.

One of Simpson’s downsides imo to apparently pigeon hole certain players and not give them a chance.
I suppose he is there to make decisions.
Yep agree. I’m not anti-SPS etc but rather just want to see us get better players right across the board. And that may mean gambling on younger relatively untried players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back