Toast Luke Shuey - Retiring End of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

This club literally refuses to make any tough decisions themselves

Or Simmo just allowed him the courtesy/respect of making the call himself knowing that he would do the right thing by the club

This club literally refuses to make any tough decisions themselves

That is absolutely damning. When Simmo got to the club he did a great job managing the exit of legends like:Cox, Glass and Waters. It's beyond frustrating to see how poorly they're managing the current exits.

Big credit to Shuey for reading the situation and going now. His legacy would be trash if he clogged us up for another year.

Tickets for that last game are going to be madness to get.
Last game of Shuey and Hurns career.

Shuey has been phenominal for the club and fantastic to watch. Shame his legs just can't get on the same page as his head and heart.

It’s the right call as his body is shot, but that doesn’t make it any easier to take.
Even now he’s still probably our best player when in full flight, and I don’t think anybody in our club’s history could deliver the footy inside 50 on both feet as well as Boots.

Thanks for everything Boots, you will be remembered as a premiership champion and a legend as well. 😢👍🏆

Two takeaways from that press conference

1) Sounded like he’s ruled himself out of the derby and will only play the last 2 games so he’ll fall just short of 250
2) Wants to pursue coaching, preferably at WCE if there’s a spot which I dare say will be provided

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eclipses Peter Matera as my favourite ever Eagle. Haven't been this rattled by a retirement in a fair while, even JK's.

Hugely tough initiation to the big time, and to see the player he became has been an absolute pleasure to watch. The fact that he saved one of his finest ever games for the 2018 GF speaks volumes about his character and attitude towards the game.

He leaves a massive hole in the playing list, and it's a real shame we'll never get to see Naitanui and he link up again.

I've often said that Lade-Burgoyne is the best ruck-mid pairing I've seen in terms of chemistry, but they come bloody close.

Thanks for everything Boots.

That is absolutely damning. When Simmo got to the club he did a great job managing the exit of legends like:Cox, Glass and Waters. It's beyond frustrating to see how poorly they're managing the current exits.

Big credit to Shuey for reading the situation and going now. His legacy would be trash if he clogged us up for another year.
Id say thats because simmo wouldnt have had that personal relationship / bond with those guys.

They were probably walking out the door as Simmo walked in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back