Toast Shannon Hurn - Retiring End Of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we to read anything into the subtle tap on Nic’s shoulder by Bunga as he walked past on his way into the presser? Could we see another high profile retirement soon?

I’m going to guess it’s Nic

The Insta post announcing his partner is having a 2nd baby shows she’s a fair way along and no one would blame him for deciding that rehabbing a ruptured Achilles to get maybe one more season is too much hard work with 2 younguns to help raise

Hurn was a champion. So good that he just got forgotten about (as supporters) until he made a mistake, which was about twice a season, just because it stood out so much.

He just always delivered, played taller than he was with relative ease and good luck contesting a ground ball that he was going after, he'd just run straight through you.

Honestly can't think of a better drop punt exponent that has played for the Eagles. He didn't just drill it hard and low, unless he needed to, he did whatever was required to get the ball to the player. He could chip it into a pocket 45 metres away, just over the reach of defenders.

Absolute weapon, good contested defender and a club champion.

332+ games
50 goals

Eagles games record holder
2 x All Australian
Premiership Captain
Club Legend
Future Hall of Hamer

Just an understated, calm and brilliant Capitan who led by example all time, never shirked the contest, superb skills and a brilliant footy IQ. 3 club greats are now retired :(

Courtesy of Jack Redden:
366549057_1454193132030937_4359195522470345741_n.jpg

How is it most other clubs out such things out the same day or at worst next day?? Never fear our always on top of things media department have put this out just in case people’s memories don’t stretch 2 weeks that’s Hurns retired..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thank you Bunga

Was there for your first game and goal. Loyal soldier to the end and retired proud with a premiership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those videos were awesome!!

What do we reckon about Hurn as a sneaky chance for the VFL/AFL Hall of Fame? Premiership captain, dual All-Australian (one captain's blazer) and 300 games under his belt... I reckon there are "weaker" resumes in there for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back