Nic Naitanui Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

367423293_694020979425285_5049724199547267300_n.jpg

Last edited:

This sucks but not unexpected. Probably the most exciting player to ever pull on the blue and gold, and yes, I know we've had a certain P.Matera and C.Judd grace our colours as well. He wasn't the most talented ruckman ever but his impact on a team would have to be up there among any player in VFL/AFL history. I'm going to miss seeing Nic's big marks and chasing down his own tap to drive the ball into the forward line.

knew it was coming but yet again it hurts when its real

what a brilliant player, sometimes i also feel he underachieved substantially but nevertheless was absolutely unbelievable to watch in his prime.

broken he never won that flag.

its going to be really hard to watch games next year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll never forget those 3 goals against Hawthorn at Subi. Was pissing down with rain, but it was so ******* loud at the city end!
After how shitty 2008 was, it was one of those moments when fans could sense that there was a future to be excited about.

It's an amazing feeling, and one I can't wait to experience again soon - particularly given how much lower we've sunk this time around.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Our fortunes basically swung on his availability for the entirety of his career. When he was in we looked unstoppable (2015 and 2018) and when he missed time we were a run of the mill 5-8th side. Haven’t seen a more impactful player and yet was still super underrated by anyone outside WA.

Made slightly easier by the fact he’s been “retired” for 3 years now and has barely played for the last 6 but will still be tough to know we’ll never get to see that ruck craft ever again. NN to Shuey was one of the best combos of all time and it sucks that we didn’t get to see more of it during their prime. Could have definitely won a few more flags if Nic had an injury free career, he was that good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back