Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see this bloke snare a Rising Star nomination this week. He just might be in with a chance, having shown improved form in recent times and certainly playing one of his better games yesterday.

Cats supporting husband is starting to take notice.

Him: who's that kid again?

Me: he's Maynartoar, the half man, half bull wonder.

Him: what? Like his run out of defence. Tough looking kid too, with a good boot on him.

Me: be interesting to see how he goes next week against the ageing thugs of the Hawks.

Last edited:
He was good last night. I like him, but was worried he was a tad slow. But he showed some dash and it was a good indicator to compare him against a team with many the same age, who aren't anywhere near him.

I hate to remind posters - but I will:D - of earlier this season, when Maynard's continued selection was met by threats to storm the Holden Centre. The kid needed time and more time at AFL level, and the coaches of course knew that. The half man-half bull will be fantastic for us. Is that right spartan-magpie? He's your boy.
Yeah most posters seem to know fa about player devt (and footy generally) - a bit surprising coz most of them played (albeit in most cases obviously at a pretty ordinary level as I did and maybe will again if damn achilles ever recovers).

Great game, many passages set up through him out of defence.
Not afraid to venture up forward for a cheeky goal every now and then too.

Progressing very well.

There's a lot of I told you so's in here. I I was a critic , but it was more about leaving him in the VFL to develop while he cleaned up his decision making. His decision making was a fair criticism. And is still something that needs work, but has improved immensely.

There's a lot of I told you so's in here. I I was a critic , but it was more about leaving him in the VFL to develop while he cleaned up his decision making. His decision making was a fair criticism. And is still something that needs work, but has improved immensely.

I don't think there is a lot of I told you so. I think there is a lot of give the kid time. Too many people write off our players before they get a chance to prove themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another case of this board writing off a guy way to early. Yes he was gifted games early buT he must have had something the coaches love. He is much quicker than I thought. Good hands , good kick and as tough as a cats head. Becoming one of my favs very quickly
Yes I thought the criticism was premature and unfair. He's developing quite nicely. Becoming that nugget down back for us

I don't think there is a lot of I told you so. I think there is a lot of give the kid time. Too many people write off our players before they get a chance to prove themselves.

Not all people that criticised were writing him off. Many were just commenting on flaws in his game and disagreeing on the best path of development (AFL vs VFL).

Cats supporting husband is starting to take notice.

Him: who's that kid again?

Me: he's Maynartoar, the half man, half bull wonder.

Him: what? Like his run out of defence. Tough looking kid too, with a good boot on him.

Me: be interesting to see how he goes next week against the ageing thugs of the Hawks.

Can't wait to see our maynartaur inflict some pain on the dawks.

A few nice hard tackles on Lewis, hodge and Mitchell will bring a big smile to my face.

Super impressed with some of his run and carry last night, it was a side of his game I didn't know he had. If he can continue to improve that side of his game he is going to be an absolute weapon.

Super impressed with some of his run and carry last night, it was a side of his game I didn't know he had. If he can continue to improve that side of his game he is going to be an absolute weapon.

This kid, and I'm sounding like a broken record, possesses enough good traits to become a top 5 player at our club. Of course, this is my opinion, and I could be wrong....

However, with this boy, I see a star in the making.... Once we get him running through the middle we will see the boy explode into an absolute star.

I love that he's starting to get the confidence to take the game on now.
Yep.
Even had the confidence to time leaving his oppponent to help out a teammate which was good to see too.

yes or complain bitterly if a player is not given a lot of chances - it's the grass on the other side of the hill syndrome I suppose.

This kid was fantastic this year, another one that had question marks on his tank early days but is really starting to develop now. If he continues to run and carry the ball like he has the past couple of weeks it is going to be fun to watch in years to come. Getting excited by the return Ramsey and seeing both he and maynard streaming out of defence using their good foot skills plus both being uncompromising hard nuts to boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back