Retired Brent Harvey [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Crows should be all over him, Over the back goals playing with Betts would be amazing to watch.
With Charlie Cameron and Wayne Milera Adelaide don't really need another small forward. I could see all four of them heading to Queensland

The club that should be moving heaven and earth to get him is Brisbane.

He's perfect veteran leadership, transitioning into a coaching role.

The club that should be moving heaven and earth to get him is Brisbane.

He's perfect veteran leadership, transitioning into a coaching role.

Given the knock on Boomer has been his defensive work and that's Brisbane's glaring weakness currently, I don't think Harvey would be the best get. I like the idea of Brisbane recruiting players, but only those that put in the work defensively.

I agree 100%. By locking in our vets for another year we are having one more crack at the big dance with current group. May as well see if Boomer wants to come along for the ride!
Personally think boomer will be a 1 club player BUT if he decided to go around for another year or two with the Hawks I reckon he'd do so with the blessing and support of all the NMFC faithful...... In fact I'd even go so far to say theyd be my second team and I'd even want to see them win for boomer. I think west coast could be the other possibility to later join the coaching panel with simmo and rawlings.....but most likely he calls it quits and I think the roo fans would go even more ballastic if NMFC didnt have him in a coaching/development role.

Would probably solve the "let's pass it every time we take a mark inside 50" dilemma the Cats seem to have at the moment.

I think it was more he wanted the Cats to be compensated.

Geelong definitely traded Johnson so that he could get to the Giants without having to wait the extra few weeks. Just as they'd done for Chapman, Podsiadly and Hunt in previous years.

They received a 5th round pick in the trade so compensation wouldn't have been a factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think boomer will be a 1 club player BUT if he decided to go around for another year or two with the Hawks I reckon he'd do so with the blessing and support of all the NMFC faithful...... In fact I'd even go so far to say theyd be my second team and I'd even want to see them win for boomer. I think west coast could be the other possibility to later join the coaching panel with simmo and rawlings.....but most likely he calls it quits and I think the roo fans would go even more ballastic if NMFC didnt have him in a coaching/development role.

Hawks are chock full of sm fwds.

How would North fans go if he went to the Dogs???

Hawks are chock full of sm fwds.

How would North fans go if he went to the Dogs???

He doesn't owe us anything, I'd be glad to watch him go around again anywhere he chooses if that's his decision. BUT if he does, I'd like to see him win a flag and if he thinks he can at the bulldogs then good on him, and good luck to the dogs, I'd certainly cheer him and the team on in every game except vs the Roos.

Geelong definitely traded Johnson so that he could get to the Giants without having to wait the extra few weeks. Just as they'd done for Chapman, Podsiadly and Hunt in previous years.

They received a 5th round pick in the trade so compensation wouldn't have been a factor.

Geelong seem to be good in this regard.

On Harvey I'd offer him a two year deal to get him across. Hasn't shown signs of slowing down yet and when he does he can always spend more time in the forward 50.

Can see Geelong rolling the dice on him.

Would also be good at the Bullies.

Superficially he skill set would be a good fit.. but considering we have our own issues with getting games into younger players and older players wanting to continue..not to mention that we have let several club champs go to cycle the list... cant see it happening.

But it has been reported by Gerald Healy we have made a soft enquiry..what ever that means.

Would have to be the oldest recruit ever if he changes clubs.

I think it was more he wanted the Cats to be compensated.

This wont happen with the North players anyway
Nah it wasn't Geelong received a pick that they won't use. It was so he could go to his club quicker. They did the same with Chappy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back