Brenton Sanderson sacked , Who will be the new Adelaide coach ?

Remove this Banner Ad

You are completely missing the point.

It's not Emma Quayle's responsibility to write an article about every bit of news that occurs at the Adelaide Football Club. She would actually be assigned to stories the vast majority of the time, because otherwise the News and Fairfax AFL sections would probably contain a dozen stories, by a dozen different writers about exactly the same piece of news each day. She is not generally a 'newsbreaker'; she is a feature writer, by-and-large. Hence, it is absurd for you to act like it is some black mark against her credibility as a journalist, not because she reported about something and got it wrong, but because she didn't write about it at all. Please tell me you understand how ridiculous that argument is.

It is Emma Quayle's responsibility to report on news regarding the AFL and produce factual and informative work. As far as I know, she has an exceptional track record of doing exactly that. She has written a story about Goodwin going to Melbourne and phone conversations between Goodwin and Ricciuto over the past two days, backed up by quotes from Goodwin. Do you understand that, as a journalist, it's not about what you don't write, but about what you do write?

And again...I am seldom mentioning the recently sacked coach here. Perhaps try playing the ball, rather than the 'team supported'.

Mate you're the one who brought EQ into this, I don't really know why. If you don't think Roo and Goody have talked about this before the last week, remembering that they are very close, best mates and business partners...then I don't know what to say. Goody has been going to Melbourne for weeks. Together they may have just bumped up his value a touch. As well as giving us a convenient cover story that we're not into anyone and are starting our search from scratch. You don't have to take my word for it that thats not the case, just wait and see.

he definitely went overboard with it, raised a lot of eyebrows, was a sign that the pressure of the job was getting to him for mine

I agree. A sign of pressure is you feel you are under siege from all sides and can't let go of even little things. After he was questioned on that he should have just let it go and said, "It was warm but in hindsight not that bad." But he just couldn't let it go, started talking about air temperature measured in the shade, it was one of the bizarre weeks.

I think he will make for a very good assistant coach, he probably doesn't have the kind of tools as a senior coach but there is no shame in that, there are very few top class senior coaches going around. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a career assistant.

Mate you're the one who brought EQ into this, I don't really know why.

Because she wrote a story about how Goodwin and Ricciuto spoke last night and this morning about Goodwin's coaching future. I would have thought that was quite obvious. People can choose to either dismiss Quayle's credibility, or accept her article as accurate. I know which one I'm going for.

If you don't think Roo and Goody have talked about this before the last week, remembering that they are very close, best mates and business partners...then I don't know what to say.

What does that have to do with anything? The fact that they've spoken twice about it, in the space of about 12 hours, after the position became vacant is the critical part, I would have thought.

Goody has been going to Melbourne for weeks. Together they may have just bumped up his value a touch.

So you believe that the Goodwin to Melbourne deal was done long ago, yet you also believe that Melbourne may have been forced to up its offer to Goodwin in the hours between Sanderson being sacked and Goodwin being announced as Melbourne's new assistant coach? Really?? Doesn't that mean Adelaide would have had to make him an (apparently fake) offer?

As well as giving us a convenient cover story that we're not into anyone and are starting our search from scratch. You don't have to take my word for it that thats not the case, just wait and see.

I don't have to? Gee, thanks. Unless you have some sort of inside information, I think it's fair to say that you have about as much idea about what is going to happen as I do.

Because she wrote a story about how Goodwin and Ricciuto spoke last night and this morning about Goodwin's coaching future. I would have thought that was quite obvious. People can choose to either dismiss Quayle's credibility, or accept her article as accurate. I know which one I'm going for.

Look from over there using EQ as your main source and not hearing Roo and the rest of the club in recent times I understand why you are confused.

Best mates. Business partners. Just apply some logic and think for yourself for 10 seconds about that relationship. If Roo wanted Goody he would have had him locked away long before today.

One word. Smokescreen. On this occasion EQ is being played. If you believe we were after Goody as head coach and he slipped through our fingers then you are being played as well. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

The Goodwin coup reported on Melbourne FC's website: "Guaranteed premiership in the next 5 years!!!"

The Goodwin coup reported everywhere else in Australia: "Dees claim another unfortunate victim"

After 1 year Goodwin will have to change his name to Simon Badloss.

RIP Goodwin, welcome to the coaches graveyard...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look from over there using EQ as your main source and not hearing Roo and the rest of the club in recent times I understand why you are confused.

Best mates. Business partners. Just apply some logic and think for yourself for 10 seconds about that relationship. If Roo wanted Goody he would have had him locked away long before today.

One word. Smokescreen. On this occasion EQ is being played. If you believe we were after Goody as head coach and he slipped through our fingers then you are being played as well. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

I think the one word is 'convenient'. Because it is quite convenient that you can now convince yourself that this hare-brained theory you have that Ricciuto and Goodwin colluded to (as you've put it) '...bumped up his value a touch' and as long as Adelaide appoints someone with two arms, two legs and a head in the next month or so, you can act like you were right all along.

How would this conversation to bump up Goodwin's value have gone between his manager and Peter Jackson?

'Yes, Adelaide is circling, Peter, we might need a bit more of a commitment to get this over the line.'
'Really? Hmmm...well, what figures would Adelaide be offering? Do you have anything in writing?'
'Um...'

And seriously...talking about Mark Ricciuto like he's Eddie McGuire or something? 'If Roo wanted Goody...' lol. Get your hand off it.

I found it ironic that when Roo was asked on radio was Sando a bad coach, he responded, "Well he's been sacked hasn't he?" (or something to that effect). The irony of the statement is that probably 90% of senior coaches get sacked at some point. Very few leave of their own accord with a pat on the back. So in effect, he's calling most of the Senior Coaches in the history of the AFL bad coaches by that comment.

I found it ironic that when Roo was asked on radio was Sando a bad coach, he responded, "Well he's been sacked hasn't he?" (or something to that effect). The irony of the statement is that probably 90% of senior coaches get sacked at some point. Very few leave of their own accord with a pat on the back. So in effect, he's calling most of the Senior Coaches in the history of the AFL bad coaches by that comment.
He actually also said he's a good coach in many ways, but its a complex job and he wasnt up to scratch in key areas. Paraphrased.

But nice hyberbole ;)

Culture of Adelaide bigwigs has got to be the worst in the league. Badmouthing a sacked coach is pathetic.

Some serious issues down there are the crows, the culture is very much diseased.

100% confirmed rabble.

Agree, a case of the tail wagging the dog.

He actually also said he's a good coach in many ways, but its a complex job and he wasnt up to scratch in key areas. Paraphrased.

But nice hyberbole ;)

he actually also said that.... after he said the part Blakey quoted? I don't see any hyperbole used..

anyway... the chairman says they need a Premiership coach... where the hell will they get one of them at this hour?!

might be time to give Brett Ratten a call! what about Matthew Knights? :D

he actually also said that.... after he said the part Blakey quoted? I don't see any hyperbole used..

anyway... the chairman says they need a Premiership coach... where the hell will they get one of them at this hour?!

might be time to give Brett Ratten a call! what about Matthew Knights? :D

At this hour? You mean the first club to be in the market for a new coach 2 weeks before the finals end?

But nice hyberbole ;)
He did answer the question by stating that Sando was sacked implying that he was a bad coach.

Great look for your club when your board member is publically badmouthing a sacked coach and using the playing group as a shield for the media to put blame on for the sacking.

Fantastic advertisement for any future coaches, and a great look into the crows current culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back