List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the true meaning of your posts is now shining through, you simply don't rate Mcgovern, thats all that needed to be said rather then this "missing out" thing you had seemed to conjure up.

I for one rate Mcgovern and think he could become a gun, for those asking why was he missed in 2012? why was Jeremy picked as a rookie? why was Podsiadly picked at 28? Why was Barlow missed for years? some players do slip through but when they do make it and show what Mitch has shown then they would need to be compensated for at a fair amount eg late first/early second pick

That's true. I don't really rate him, it's only because he's possibly leaving and possibly Freo bound that he is getting mentioned.

If he wasn't linked in any way to Freo and simply coming out of contract I wouldn't have any interest in him.

But I still maintain there is a mania that's derives from someone wanting to come back to WA and the need to get him before West Coast do. That's inevitable to a degree.

That's true. I don't really rate him, it's only because he's possibly leaving and possibly Freo bound that he is getting mentioned.

If he wasn't linked in any way to Freo and simply coming out of contract I wouldn't have any interest in him.

But I still maintain there is a mania that's derives from someone wanting to come back to WA and the need to get him before West Coast do. That's inevitable to a degree.
maybe slightly

the fact that Carlton requested him in a trade for Gibbs last year shows he is highly rated around the footy world as an up and comer, right age for carltons rebuilding list would make it the right age for ours too.

genuinely rate the guy and would part with a late first/early second or the equivalent for him for sure

So you are saying that Adelaide developing Mcgovern for 2 years who was picked at ~43 would ship him off for pick 30-40?
No chance man, he is worth as much as Gunston was which is an early second/late first and this price was pushed down due to being OOC (albeit like Mcgovern)

I think its very unrealistic to think that after establishing himself in the team as the 3rd tall (in one of the top 3 sides) Walker - Jenkins - mcgovern (Lynch plays very high half forward/wing) that he has only risen in value by 3-13 draft picks

He's actually the 4th tall at Adelaide, Andy Otten is there too.

He's played 15 of 16 possible games this season.
I just look at AFL app , otten first three game playing full back or half back . Mitch is injured from rd 4 and otten either playing forward or centre after that until Mitch back. If you think I just BS you can look at AFL app every round and see how many rd otten and Mitch playing in the same forward line .

I just look at AFL app , otten first three game playing full back or half back . Mitch is injured from rd 4 and otten either playing forward or centre after that until Mitch back. If you think I just BS you can look at AFL app every round and see how many rd otten and Mitch playing in the same forward line .

Named in the team in those positions or actually played there?

Are you going by heat maps or something along those lines or selected squad positioning?

He's actually the 4th tall at Adelaide, Andy Otten is there too.
Meima is right, Otten played defense until Mcgovern was injured and swung forward, Mcgovern has since come back into the team and is the preferred 3rd tall as Otten was dropped then come back and switched to defense.

McGovern is definitely the preferred third tall if you take into account last year and this year.

Named in the team in those positions or actually played there?

Are you going by heat maps or something along those lines or selected squad positioning?
Meima is definitely correct, from someone who has watched quite a lot of adelaide games this season. (I definitely enjoy seeing their scoring power in effect)
It seems Pyke thinks 4 talls is too much hence Otten being dropped for McGovern when not even playing terribly

Cool. I respect your opinion, but disagree.

I don't think it works like a player was picked up at position X in the draft and their value is now X.

If we found a pick 20 the question would be is McGovern the best we could do with that pick? My argument would be no, we take it to the draft and find a player that could be better. Obviously that's the gamble.

We picked up Cox with pick number what? Sean Darcy was pick what?

If you think McGovern is worth a first rounder? Hmmm I think that makes you the delusional one. 1st rounders are for genuine class and McGovern ain't that.
And we picked up Sheridan at 16,cozier at 20,Forster at 29,Pitt at 20 ......plus the copious amounts of rubbish other clubs have picked up around those number picks....that argument goes round in circles
quick question...are you in the camp where your against down grading our pick to end up with a player/2 lesser picks say around that mark 16-20- because the "talent" is much more of a gamble?.....also were you the one advocating trading down to get one Brandon maters??

You don't like or rate McGovern at at 2nd rounder(certainly not downgrading our 1st this year) yet your more than happy to trade out our first next year for Brandon f&$ken matera and some 2 nd rounder???.....so rather than getting a tall fwd who can take a mark you reckon a small lazy undisciplined fwd pocket IS worth it???? ... I assume this because its been mentioned in the media and that his last names matera and the eagles are also keen so we MUST get him right??...due to "mania"???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we picked up Sheridan at 16,cozier at 20,Forster at 29,Pitt at 20 ......plus the copious amounts of rubbish other clubs have picked up around those number picks....that argument goes round in circles
quick question...are you in the camp where your against down grading our pick to end up with a player/2 lesser picks say around that mark 16-20- because the "talent" is much more of a gamble?.....also were you the one advocating trading down to get one Brandon maters??

I was about giving up a future 2018 first, yes.
In return for one of Gold Coast's second from 2017, Matera and Schoenfeld.
The main purpose wasn't about Matera at all but about re-entering this years second round. Gold Coast will have 4 X 2nd rounders so grabbing say pick 25 back would be good.
I'd consider it too with Adelaide but their second for 2017 is likely to be pick 30+.
I wouldn't consider our 2017 first in any shape for either.
Plus I actually see Matera is more of a need then McGovern. I mentioned on our draft thread that we need a small forward to replace Ballantyne.

You don't like or rate McGovern at at 2nd rounder(certainly not downgrading our 1st this year) yet your more than happy to trade out our first next year for Brandon f&$ken matera and some 2 nd rounder???.....so rather than getting a tall fwd who can take a mark you reckon a small lazy undisciplined fwd pocket IS worth it???? ... I assume this because its been mentioned in the media and that his last names matera and the eagles are also keen so we MUST get him right??...due to "mania"???

Actually mentioned Matera a couple of days before the article.
No 'mania' here. Rather an opportunity to get into the 2017 second round, keep our 2017 first.

If we did the Matera deal we could use the 2017 2nd rounder on McGovern.

I'm not against McGovern, more about how we get him. To downgrade our 2017 first would be wrong IMO. We don't have a 2nd and we won't land him for a 3rd.

How do you propose we land him? Suban?

I'll have a good look at McGovern tonight. Maybe I'm not seeing it.
Giving up a top 5 pick where you have a chance to land the best key forward in the land for a 4th forward might be a deal we shouldn't pass up on.
Will follow with interest.

Actually mentioned Matera a couple of days before the article.
No 'mania' here. Rather an opportunity to get into the 2017 second round, keep our 2017 first.

If we did the Matera deal we could use the 2017 2nd rounder on McGovern.

I'm not against McGovern, more about how we get him. To downgrade our 2017 first would be wrong IMO. We don't have a 2nd and we won't land him for a 3rd.

How do you propose we land him? Suban?

Earlier I was,for downgrading (when it looked like we may end up with 9/10 but am against it now.
I know we don't have a 2nd but I'd easily give 1 up for him if we did,even a late first,the point was tho you said previously,a number of times might I add, McGovern "wasn't worth a second rounder".... and the reasons you used were exactly that...(he wasn't worth it). ....it's why I asked you if you didn't believe in downgrading our pick because a pick around 17/18 was a gamble etc due to talent but on the other hand McGovern (a proven talent"wasn't worth a pick even later than that??....you can't have it both ways.
As freo Leo said you simply don't rate McGovern fair enough ,just say so...for what's it worth I'd offer our2018 2nd to gc for 1 this year and see if the crows would go for it*

*One more thing ,I agree his value should be around gunstons but consideringhow he turned out and the fact that the crows have lost so many good players previously I get the feeling they ll be getting more reluctant to play fair at the trade table

Earlier I was,for downgrading (when it looked like we may end up with 9/10 but am against it now.
I know we don't have a 2nd but I'd easily give 1 up for him if we did,even a late first,the point was tho you said previously,a number of times might I add, McGovern "wasn't worth a second rounder".... and the reasons you used were exactly that...(he wasn't worth it). ....it's why I asked you if you didn't believe in downgrading our pick because a pick around 17/18 was a gamble etc due to talent but on the other hand McGovern (a proven talent"wasn't worth a pick even later than that??....you can't have it both ways.
As freo Leo said you simply don't rate McGovern fair enough ,just say so...for what's it worth I'd offer our2018 2nd to gc for 1 this year and see if the crows would go for it*

*One more thing ,I agree his value should be around gunstons but consideringhow he turned out and the fact that the crows have lost so many good players previously I get the feeling they ll be getting more reluctant to play fair at the trade table

I could be wrong, but fairly certain I said McGovern was worth about pick 30-40. Which pitches him as late 2nd early 3rd.

It's also not about rating him. Clearly he is young and decent but is he a need in the true sense? Probably not IMO.

Just read over my posts. Fairly clear I didn't numerous times say he wasn't worth a 2nd. In fact never said it once.

I said if we found a hypothetical pick 20 would McGovern be worth it? And I said IMO no.

Happy for you to point out what you said I said numerous times. I simply didn't.

Pick 30-40 is what I think he's valued at, will likely need something closer to 20-25.

With regards to Matera also clear I made the statement about trying to get the 2nd rounder and in my very next post basically said I wasn't sold on my own idea and that first rounders should be used for class.

Matera and McGovern are neither but doesn't mean you don't try to play the sun of all parts game if you can or if that's the direction the recruiters wish to take.

Funny how he quotes me and says I said it many times, but fairly sure I didn't say McGovern wasn't worth a 2nd rounder.

Classic BF misquoting.

How about we talk instead about how Greenwood would offer more?

One of the better volleys you'll see. Just steered it beautifully.
Is a mature ager, probably not that great a fit for us and doubt we'd go for him but he does ooze class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back