Brisbane Lions 2019 premiership contenders?

Remove this Banner Ad

I do have to say that something to watch and seemed a bit suss when teams play them at the Gabba but why on a dry warm day would the surface be slippery before the match.

Something to watch as I know our rnd 1 game we were off against them but remember that ground was basically a wet weather surface all match with the ball slippery and players slipping and slideing everywhere it basically was like an ice skating rank. We were not prepared for a wet ground rnd 1 but is something to note.

On a dry deck when Brisbane have no control over the surface would be no chance come finals without the Gabba sprinklers . Keep an eye out for it for Gabba matches when they come up against quality sides on how the surface strangely becomes very wet that's all I'm saying.
You're right, it's never humid in Brisbane. Very suspicious that conditions are a bit slippery at times, everyone knows hot= dry.

Don't really mean to take a shot at the Lions - Simon Black is one of my favourite players. I'm just being a smart arse with regard to the thread title :p

You can clearly see it's just a confidence issue with the Lions as of right now. It's not their list, coaching or anything else. They have the team capable of contending right now but they need to believe in themselves as they did in the first 3 rounds.
When they drop their heads, they completely switch off conceding easy goals.

I like where they are heading. Next week is massive in terms of the context of their season (vs Gold Coast).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2010 all over again. Won their first 4, premiership favourites, play Melbourne at the MCG as overwhelming favourites, go down by 10 goals, and win one more game for the rest of the season.

This thread is your typical Vic treatment of non Vic clubs and is lead by the media. Overrate them ridiculously snd then mock when they falter.

The Lions are a team in the way up, but like all young sides they'll have bad days. There'll be better days this year.
Because that doesn’t happen to vic teams. Only special treatment for non-vic teams. Didn’t happen to Essendon this year. Nope.

You can clearly see it's just a confidence issue with the Lions as of right now. It's not their list, coaching or anything else. They have the team capable of contending right now but they need to believe in themselves as they did in the first 3 rounds.
When they drop their heads, they completely switch off conceding easy goals.

I like where they are heading. Next week is massive in terms of the context of their season (vs Gold Coast).
I disagree. Brisbane are still a young side who are probably short of an elite midfielder. Essendon and Collingwood overwhelmed their midfield and the whole team crumbled.

The side needs to mature as well to be genuine contenders.

Wouldn't be too concerned if I were the Lions, winnings flags wasn't ever really the agenda for this year. It is still very obvious they have had a successful rebuild.

Plus, they have only played one serious premiership threat and they won!

Lions look good with another win to start the season 3-0. They thumped reigning premiers West Coast by 44 points in the season opener. My dark horse for the 2019 flag.

With Fagan at the helm, he could join Beveridge, Hardwick and Simpson from Clarko’s academy as recent premiership coach.ss
Ummmm, no.

This thread is your typical Vic treatment of non Vic clubs and is lead by the media. Overrate them ridiculously snd then mock when they falter.

The Lions are a team in the way up, but like all young sides they'll have bad days. There'll be better days this year.
That is a treatment given specifically to Victorian teams. Richmond 2017 and Melbourne 2018 for example were two teams whose H&A form fluctuated massively during the season, and the Victorian media rode that roller coaster every single week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back