Rumour Brisbane Lions academy players involved in alleged beer bottle rape?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty terrible - I hope it's not correct.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-academy-players/story-fntwpug1-1227579708409

TWO of the men accused of raping a Brisbane teenager with a beer bottle on Australia Day are aspiring Brisbane Lions players.

A 19-year-old man appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court this morning charged with rape, observations or recordings in breach of privacy and three counts of distributing prohibited visual recordings.

It is alleged he recorded the university student being raped with a beer bottle while passed out on Australia Day.

The student reportedly only found out after it was posted on Facebook.

The court was told this morning two of the accused were “quality football players”.

story-fntwpug1-1227579708409

The player in court applied to have his bail conditions changed so he could have contact with one of the co-accused for training purposes.

“He’s in the training squad for the Lions and the other bloke that is charged with him ... is also in that squad,” defence solicitor Eugene O’Sullivan said.

The Courier-Mail understands the two are not senior or rookie listed players but have been members of the Lions Academy - a talent ID squad that trains once a week at the Lions.

Mr O’Sullivan then described the incident as a “youthful prank”.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Scott Pearson objected to the change in bail arrangements.

The Brisbane Magistrates Court has denied the man’s application to vary bail so he can train with his co-accused.

He declined to say anything outside court.

The other three men will appear in court at a later date.

Comment has been sought from the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are as much Collingwood players, as Brisbane Lions players.

Nothing to do with us as an AFL club.

I like how you chose Collingwood :L

It has nothing to do with you, no, and you shouldnt be held accountable but if they're the two highly rated academy boys you purposely traded in s**t picks for points for this year it WILL effect you immensely.

I like how you chose Collingwood :L

It has nothing to do with you, no, and you shouldnt be held accountable but if they're the two highly rated academy boys you purposely traded in s**t picks for points for this year it WILL effect you immensely.
If the alleged are 19, I don't think they could be that highly rated.

Keays & Hipwood are 18 as well and the talented boys for the 2016/17 draft are under 17.

Guess the HS is just shooting for views then.
No doubt with a headline like this:

Rape-accused are aspiring Lions
TWO of the men accused of raping a teenager on Australia Day are aspiring Brisbane Lions players, it has been revealed.

Read that headline and tell me you don't think it's a player from the Senior squad.

I have been saying for a while that the Brisbane Lions culture is toxic, these revelations further strengthen my point. I know that Aish was subject to some serious bullying at his time at the Lions (nothing as bad or as serious as this) but this just goes to show that something is seriously wrong at the Lions.

I have been saying for a while that the Brisbane Lions culture is toxic, these revelations further strengthen my point. I know that Aish was subject to some serious bullying at his time at the Lions (nothing as bad or as serious as this) but this just goes to show that something is seriously wrong at the Lions.
Except, this has nothing to do with the Brisbane Lions.

Go and troll elsewhere.

Jesus Christ you're thick.

Well as long as it was just a youthful prank then no harm done.

The two Hawks players were also just acting out a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back