Rumour Brisbane Lions academy players involved in alleged beer bottle rape?

Remove this Banner Ad

I sort of understand where the "prank" part gets mentioned but if the guy was asleep then it's rape.

Poor choice of words.

I've never thought once whilst drinking with mates that if I fell asleep I might get a bottle forced into me, nor has it ever been discussed if someone else fell asleep. Strange kids.

No but you would wake up with a penis drawn on your face

Na he is a well known tr#ll of Collingwood, you have no idea

I think you're jumping at shadows.

I+don+t+think+i+missed+the+point+at+all+to+_962d035831941249b5c1817d88b576e5.jpg

Was it the base or the neck of the bottle?

I have been saying for a while that the Brisbane Lions culture is toxic, these revelations further strengthen my point. I know that Aish was subject to some serious bullying at his time at the Lions (nothing as bad or as serious as this) but this just goes to show that something is seriously wrong at the Lions.

Please share some bullying stories, or alleged ones....legit interested : )

These are as much Collingwood players, as Brisbane Lions players.

Nothing to do with us as an AFL club.

I call BS.

No one wants to play for the Lions.....everyone wants their girlfriend to get a McDonalds franchise to play for Collingwood.

Even worse, the quote in The Age is "Their defence is that it was a youthful prank".

I don't know how they do things in Brisbane, but that sure as hell isn't a defence to rape in Victoria.
To be fair I'm pretty sure Queensland still has the 'gay panic defense' which means you can kill a bloke and get away with it if you can prove he came onto you. Truly the worst state, no wonder anyone with any sense wants to leave.

Two former players from the Academy in 2013.

But I'm sure this will be talked about more than the Hawthorn incident.

To be fair I'm pretty sure Queensland still has the 'gay panic defense' which means you can kill a bloke and get away with it if you can prove he came onto you. Truly the worst state, no wonder anyone with any sense wants to leave.

I understand you have a new coach (who looked the other way while his squad was doing all sorts of drugs....kinda like Hird actually) but Essendon fans aren't allowed to throw stones yet.

I'm doubting they have left if they're applying for bale to train with their academy team mates (which is what I gleaned from the article posted).
Looks like the BrissO players involved still live and training at BrissO, good luck with this case ;) #xxxx
Again, not quite.

"Youthful prank".....not often I get pretty offended by a comment but this is just ridiculous

Everything is a bit of a laugh until it happens to your daughter, sister, mother.....................becomes very serious then.

Some of the comments from people that should know better in recent times have been nothing but ignorant.....worse than ignorant, actually.

Again, not quite.

Who the * is Steele Talon and why should they be believed?

If they're no longer associated with the Lions academy or were no longer associated at the time of the event I'd expect a statement from the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the **** is Steele Talon and why should they be believed?
Brisbane Lions media manager (comms GM more specifically)
If they're no longer associated with the Lions academy or were no longer associated at the time of the event I'd expect a statement from the club.
You should let them know and I am sure they will get right on it.

Pretty terrible - I hope it's not correct.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-academy-players/story-fntwpug1-1227579708409

TWO of the men accused of raping a Brisbane teenager with a beer bottle on Australia Day are aspiring Brisbane Lions players.

A 19-year-old man appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court this morning charged with rape, observations or recordings in breach of privacy and three counts of distributing prohibited visual recordings.

It is alleged he recorded the university student being raped with a beer bottle while passed out on Australia Day.

The student reportedly only found out after it was posted on Facebook.

The court was told this morning two of the accused were “quality football players”.

story-fntwpug1-1227579708409

The player in court applied to have his bail conditions changed so he could have contact with one of the co-accused for training purposes.

“He’s in the training squad for the Lions and the other bloke that is charged with him ... is also in that squad,” defence solicitor Eugene O’Sullivan said.

The Courier-Mail understands the two are not senior or rookie listed players but have been members of the Lions Academy - a talent ID squad that trains once a week at the Lions.

Mr O’Sullivan then described the incident as a “youthful prank”.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Scott Pearson objected to the change in bail arrangements.

The Brisbane Magistrates Court has denied the man’s application to vary bail so he can train with his co-accused.

He declined to say anything outside court.

The other three men will appear in court at a later date.

Comment has been sought from the club.

Thats disgusting.

Pretty terrible - I hope it's not correct.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-academy-players/story-fntwpug1-1227579708409

TWO of the men accused of raping a Brisbane teenager with a beer bottle on Australia Day are aspiring Brisbane Lions players.

A 19-year-old man appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court this morning charged with rape, observations or recordings in breach of privacy and three counts of distributing prohibited visual recordings.

It is alleged he recorded the university student being raped with a beer bottle while passed out on Australia Day.

The student reportedly only found out after it was posted on Facebook.

The court was told this morning two of the accused were “quality football players”.

story-fntwpug1-1227579708409

The player in court applied to have his bail conditions changed so he could have contact with one of the co-accused for training purposes.

“He’s in the training squad for the Lions and the other bloke that is charged with him ... is also in that squad,” defence solicitor Eugene O’Sullivan said.

The Courier-Mail understands the two are not senior or rookie listed players but have been members of the Lions Academy - a talent ID squad that trains once a week at the Lions.

Mr O’Sullivan then described the incident as a “youthful prank”.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Scott Pearson objected to the change in bail arrangements.

The Brisbane Magistrates Court has denied the man’s application to vary bail so he can train with his co-accused.

He declined to say anything outside court.

The other three men will appear in court at a later date.

Comment has been sought from the club.

What does it have to do with anything that they are 'quality football players'? With the steady stream of football issues, you'd be better not mentioning any association with AFL.

So two guys who were on a development squad of potential prospects but were let go 2 years ago are somehow still linked to our club? There is desperate journalism, and then there is this.

They may still be "aspiring" to play for the Lions but the club gave up on them two years ago.

Look how extensive these squads are for context. We're talking 150+ players at any one time.

Last edited:
Who the **** is Steele Talon and why should they be believed?

Yeah, why should we believe the General Manager of Comms at the club when we have the airtight, agenda-free BigFooty Scandals board.

Yeah that's not actually the case it seems.

Let's not be throwing stone at the actual talented young boys that we will in fact throw a bunch of picks at. That's not on.

???

Obviously my post was only applicable /if/ it were Keays and Hipwood and /if/ they were found guilty. Do you disagree that in the situation that both of those variables are true that it won't effect the Brisbane Lions even though it's not your fault? Literally the only point I was making..

Now that it has been clearly established it's not those two my post is irrelevant but that's all I was getting at.

???

Obviously my post was only applicable /if/ it were Keays and Hipwood and /if/ they were found guilty. Do you disagree that in the situation that both of those variables are true that it won't effect the Brisbane Lions even though it's not your fault? Literally the only point I was making..

Now that it has been clearly established it's not those two my post is irrelevant but that's all I was getting at.

So it's a lesson on not jumping to wild conclusions in the absence of facts?

I posted this on the Hawks board earlier today but deleted it as thought I didn't hear it correctly and maybe I was just imagining it.
Now I know it's not my imagination..

So two guys who were on a development squad of potential prospects but were let go 2 years ago are somehow still linked to our club? There is desperate journalism, and then there is this.

They may still be "aspiring" to play for the Lions but the club gave up on them two years ago.

Look how extensive these squads are for context.

And whilst this gutter journalism is occurring the Collingwood PR machine has been in overdrive....HS report about Swan's trip to Vegas:

The annual pilgrimage to Sin City starts with a relaxed dinner on the first night followed by cocktails by the pool at Rehab or Wet Republic the next day.

Of course it wouldn’t be a trip to Vegas without a night on the town and what better way to attract a crowd than waving a large Australian flag on the dancefloor.

Yep the guy who has just had his pub burnt down is an angel....Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back