Preview Brisbane Lions V Adelaide Crows - Adelaide Oval Sat 14th May, 7:40pm (EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't underestimate the crows. When they get going they're pretty good.

We shouldn't lose to them, although this game will be tighter than some think. I'll say lions by 3-4 goals—Hipwood to kick a goal on return.

Even if
I wouldn't underestimate the crows. When they get going they're pretty good.

We shouldn't lose to them, although this game will be tighter than some think. I'll say lions by 3-4 goals—Hipwood to kick a goal on return.
If Hippy is back, with Hippy and Payne as the keys.
I reckon the smaller forwards will have a day out in this one.
Charlie, Linc, Rayner, Bailey.
Particularly Charlie, 4-7 goals this week.

Even if

Rayner for me, I really hope he can have his own game soon where he is clearly best on ground even against a weaker team. He threatened early last week and had some good moments against Gold Coast but hasn’t quite put it all together for a big game yet. I think he’s capable of it and would do his confidence a world of good going into the back half of the season.

Even if

Yeah agreed. Just bring the ball to ground let the smalls feed on the crumbs.

Rayner for me, I really hope he can have his own game soon where he is clearly best on ground even against a weaker team. He threatened early last week and had some good moments against Gold Coast but hasn’t quite put it all together for a big game yet. I think he’s capable of it and would do his confidence a world of good going into the back half of the season.

He has absolutely found that confidence the past few weeks. His belief is building and he's starting to build form. He's had 13 shots at goal in the past 3 weeks, and 10 shots the past fortnight playing as a forward.

Now imagine having Rayner, Cameron, Bailey, McStay, Daniher and Hipwood together in a forward line.

God help the opposition.

He has absolutely found that confidence the past few weeks. His belief is building and he's starting to build form. He's had 13 shots at goal in the past 3 weeks, and 10 shots the past fortnight playing as a forward.

Now imagine having Rayner, Cameron, Bailey, McStay, Daniher and Hipwood together in a forward line.

God help the opposition.
Not even factoring in how well McCluggage, Neale, Zorko and even Berry can hit the score board, Rich might be the best goal kicking half back in the comp. Like Fages said a couple years ago, they’re in the entertainment industry and it really is fun to watch. I can’t fully remember the premiership years so the last couple seasons have just been really enjoyable regardless of premierships.

Not even factoring in how well McCluggage, Neale, Zorko and even Berry can hit the score board, Rich might be the best goal kicking half back in the comp. Like Fages said a couple years ago, they’re in the entertainment industry and it really is fun to watch. I can’t fully remember the premiership years so the last couple seasons have just been really enjoyable regardless of premierships.

I don't think Rich has kicked a goal this year which is interesting. Not sure if that's just a coincidence or maybe we can do something to free him up more

I don't think Rich has kicked a goal this year which is interesting. Not sure if that's just a coincidence or maybe we can do something to free him up more
when zorko was in the back half i noticed rich stayed further back and zorko was often the one roaming up the ground and getting closer to the goals. a lot of the time the link up play was rich going to zorko who would start our forward push

with kiddy back and zorko moving towards a more midfield / half forward type role i can see rich moving up and taking that role zorko had a bit further up the field, a spot where he is more likely to be able to grab a play on handball and kick goals which we've seen him do in the past

Rich is 0-2 this year
3-10 in 2021
2016 17-8 last year double digits. since then 20-33

Hits targets in forward 50 great and can kick the distance although misses a lot when we handball off to him.

The hand off outside 50 is pretty low risk high reward. You get an almost guaranteed score with reasonable chance at a goal. If he misses then we are a good team at locking it up in the forward line.

If we dont hand off then its probably not a score. You end up laying it up 10-15m hoping for a mark or crumb. But just as likely to rebound back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to a better game from Kiddy this week - he would have learnt a good lesson in terms of awareness against the Eagles.
When Kiddy was on Roar Deal a couple of weeks ago he spoke about his new bub and having kids particulalry first, it is a massive adjustment and sleep is always an issue. I immediately thought that at the game when he looked half asleep lol.

Linc has been an excellent player since he came to the club and is comfortably one of the best small forwards in the competition.

So he has a couple of weeks where the bounce of the ball doesn't go his way and he looks a little out of sorts.

It can happen in the position he plays. One thing no one could question is his effort. We're still winning games. It's only the level he's been consistently at that makes people question the last couple of weeks.

Tough crowd.

Noticed in the warm down he had both ankles heavily strapped. Not unusual, but he kind of looks like he's playing through some kind of niggle.

Crows have gone a bit short down back

In: B.Smith, N.McHenry, K.Strachan, D.Fogarty, J.Soligo
Out: B.Cook (omitted), R.O'Brien (omitted), B.Frampton (omitted), H.Schoenberg (omitted), L.Gollant (omitted), L.Murphy (neck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back