Preview Brisbane Lions v West Coast Eagles @ The Gabba, Saturday 4:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we’ve left Adams as an emergency pending tomorrow nights result? Perhaps if Bulldogs win and we can’t finish top 4 we’d prefer Adams to rest for another week before finals. If Port win, however, and top 4 is attainable, perhaps he is a late in for what will be a must win game to clinch a top 4 spot. I can’t imagine he isn’t best 22. He was in fantastic form prior to the injury and as others have said, we’ll need him against teams like Geelong and Melbourne. Quite strange he’s been left out.

Even if the size of the win doesn’t impact our ladder position and we can rest players ahead of finals?
Yes. I want us continuing our form into finals. If we back off it might send the wrong message to the team. You think the Germans eased off on their blitzkrieg when they knew France would fall? No. This is a battle in a greater war. We go hard or go home.

I wonder if we’ve left Adams as an emergency pending tomorrow nights result? Perhaps if Bulldogs win and we can’t finish top 4 we’d prefer Adams to rest for another week before finals. If Port win, however, and top 4 is attainable, perhaps he is a late in for what will be a must win game to clinch a top 4 spot. I can’t imagine he isn’t best 22. He was in fantastic form prior to the injury and as others have said, we’ll need him against teams like Geelong and Melbourne. Quite strange he’s been left out.
I would imagine it has a little more to do with matchups.
West Coast are going into this with a pretty short forward line with only the 2 talls. Allan and Darling.
They may have one of Nic Nat or Vardy down there at times but maybe without Kennedy we feel we may not need him and have preferred to give him another week recovery.

The germans lost the war ...
They also eased off on the blitzkrieg when France pulled out their troops and surrendered.

Looking at the team lists, West Coast has definitely pulled out their troops...

Yes. I want us continuing our form into finals. If we back off it might send the wrong message to the team. You think the Germans eased off on their blitzkrieg when they knew France would fall? No. This is a battle in a greater war. We go hard or go home.

Not cool.

They also eased off on the blitzkrieg when France pulled out their troops and surrendered.

Looking at the team lists, West Coast has definitely pulled out their troops...
"and surrended" after the fact. I didn't say they kept going after France fell.

but i was trying to get the comparisons simple but others who don't have your insight didn't see it. You pointed it out. WCE have pulled troops out, but we as the Lions should still go hard and fast until the final minute of the final quarter. Keep playing ourselves into form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams can't be right surely. Wouldn't you want to give him a hitout before the final ?

Can't work out what the strategy is there.

In that video Fages says he's ready to go but they found it hard to change the backline after last week.

Fish kept at it prodding "but isn't he rated best 22... ".

The immediate prospects for Marcus Adams are a little more clouded, though. The key defender has missed the past month with a foot injury, and although available again, Fagan said it was difficult to change a winning team. "It was a pretty tough call. It was a long conversation at selection," he said. "That doesn’t mean Marcus won’t be in our best side next week."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back