Game Day Brownlow Discussion Thread - Congratulations Dusty

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats fans are posting some gold on the main board right now.
there are brownlow winners with less then 20 votes and non brownlow winners with 30. brownlow rules should be changed. every player who gets atleast 27 votes in a season should get a brownlow. if there are seasons where no one gets 27 then the brownlow should not be awarded. That is a much more just approach to the award

Actually, this guy could be onto something...

Let give out flags to every team which has won at least 15 games during the home and away season! Flags for everybody!

And Colemans! Every player who kicks over 50 goals in a season gets one! Colemans, Colemans everywhere!

Are they talking about Ablett's return

DII7hkWUQAAU9n0.jpg

Sloane does not want to talk about Dusty.

.... http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-26/its-not-just-the-dusty-show-says-sloane
Dusty's just the same as everyone there."

In terms of making their tackles stick and staying away from the customary Martin fend, Sloane said it was all about having the right mindset.

"There's probably a couple of different techniques people might have ideas on," Sloane said.

"Tackling is a lot about intent and your aggression to just get at blokes."

Sloaney sharting in his pantaloons

For an experienced broadcaster, Bruce really is a shitful interviewer. Dustin was giving him body language cues for the second half of that excuse for an interview that he was either too ignorant or stupid to pick up on, or just didn't care.

Anyway Dusty, congrats! You deserved it! Go Tigers!!

He was copping it on social media for being creepy..

Last edited:
Loved Dustys speech...classy...real...true...none of that scripted performance you tend to always get

Always loved Dusty...but love him so much more after that speech...genuine...hard worker..Down to earth...true to himself...respectful...a jet

Totally understand why Cofchy has publicly said Dusty is his no 1 choice if he ever needed a babysitter

Says it all

Maybe we leave the Chism talk for another thread. Frankly, this thread is more or less celebrating about Dusty, opposed to being outraged by the bloke's comments in the MB thread.

Each and every person in the auditorium probably had no real good idea of what type of person Martin is. His avoidance of the media has more or less created a sense of mystique around him. Nobody knows anything about him other than that he is a goddamn amazing player and a shy person. And each and every single person in the auditorium was captivated and hanging on to each and every single word that he says. He knows that whatever he says will be repeated, printed and quoted by the media and regular people like us, so he is well aware of the pressure to "perform".

I think he presented and spoke well at the end of the day. He answered Bruces' questions without notice to the best of his ability. He answered the media's question well. Yeah, he mumbled and showed some idiosyncrasies in the way how he spoke but that's Dustin.

Congratulations Dustin - you thoroughly deserved all the awards that you have received this year.
he's never going to be a rhodes scholar and when you consider how many people are in that room and are watching at home, i sure as * couldn't do what he did, and can almost guarantee he wouldn't have at 19-20 compared to now.

I've had to make presentations/speeches to the executives I work for and that's terrifying in a room with 15 people max, let alone the amount of people dusty is aware would be watching him right at that moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on Daisy, did anyone else cringe when she said to Tom Mitchell " you get stacks of the ball but we question your ability to be damaging with the ball " she pretty much called him a stat paddler to his face.
Makes her a legend in my eyes. Anyone got her number?

the advertiser no show today disgraceful ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? well done dusty and rich,
The advertiser is the Adelaide newspaper? I think they have their mouth full at the moment. :D

Ah well to each their own. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back