Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

If he came out here and did a show at the Opera House I'd pay just about anything for it.
The main building - The Concert Hall holds around 2,000. The Joan Sutherland Theatre about 1,500, Drama Theatre 540, Playhouse 400, Studio 300 and Utzon Room 200. Then there is the outdoor forecourt which can hold up to about 10,000.

I have seen Gurrumul in 2008 and Paul Kelly I think in 2009, play in the Studio. It's a bloody intimate set up. Gurrumul played the Concert Hall in 2013 at the Vivid Festival

Not sure if the show Bruce puts on at Broadway would be as intimate in The Concert Hall or The Joan Sutherland Theatre. The Studio would be ******* amazing but probably cost $1,000. Probably worth it. But it would be fun if he did 5 shows a week for 10 weeks at the Opera House.

1 - Born to Run
2 - Lost in the Flood
3 - Rosalita
4 - Jungleland
5 - Prove it all Night
6 - Racing in the Streets
7 - Incident on 57th Street
8 - Backstreets
9 - Candy's Room
10 - Thunder Road

If I did it tomorrow, it would probably be different.
Love the Lost in The Flood appreciation!

I'm very unfamiliar with Springsteen's output, gave Jungleland a listen, enjoyed it a lot. Couldn't get into Rosalita. Will check out his other stuff.
I would recommend listening to Born To Run in full.

Then give Darkness a shot.

First two albums are much better live and when they were performed more recently, than their recordings.

I'm very unfamiliar with Springsteen's output, gave Jungleland a listen, enjoyed it a lot. Couldn't get into Rosalita. Will check out his other stuff.
You might like these 2 songs that were on either side of Rosalita on the B side of his 2nd album in 1973, The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle. (B side has 3 songs and about 25 minutes). These were recorded in Oz shows in 2013 and 2014 respectively, by TheAussiemusicanman who goes to music gigs and films 2 or 3 songs per show. He has 100's of videos on music.

I go with The Wild, the Innocent, it's raw but the opening track sucks you in straight away and it has a taste of all Bruce's flavours.
WIESS is a masterpiece.

NYC Serenade and Incident are pieces of magic.

If I'm trying to get someone into Bruce I hit them up with Born To Run, Nebraska and Magic. I think these 3 sum up his arc pretty well as purely a starting point.
Your post made me think of this flow chart I posted back on page 124 from backstreets.com

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bruce-springsteen.866515/page-124#post-27619727

ciQ4Sxc.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still trying to work out if it works like a normal release or you can only watch it when they've scheduled it. Surely it's not the latter.

As in a one-off screening on Dec 16.....? Yeh, surely not....

Has Netflix ever played anything like that previously?

I was in NY when he was doing the broadway shows.

Cheapest tickets on stubhub were going at around 2-3 thousand each.

I was in NY when he was doing the broadway shows.

Cheapest tickets on stubhub were going at around 2-3 thousand each.
Is stubhub an official scalpers site? ;)

They are your favourites?
Tough call, think I was looking for something maybe others hadn't already posted (vain hope). I've got a thing for acoustic & love the vulnerability shown in Brilliant Disguise.

Don't believe there are any albums that I don't like at least a couple of songs.

This is 1 of my favs -

Someone has taken the audio of Bruce on Broadway of Growin' Up with the Into - and layer over lots of photos of fans attending and of Bruce at the theatre sometimes with fans sometimes by himself and a very small bits of video vision from his performance. Its worth looking at some of the photos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back