Bryce Gibbs for Andy Otten and Patrick Dangerfield ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs for Dangerfield + Otten + 2nd round pick ???????????

Honestly, some fans need to get with reality.

Gibbs for Dangerfield is fair. 2 Elite talents, each with their own amazing abilities, each potential captains.

However, there is even no chance of that happening. Neil Craig would never do this as it would send the wrong message out to our interstate recruits, unless Dangerfield asked for it.. which i strongly doubt.

Remember if Gibbs wanted to go home, you would not want to be getting overly picky as I am sure you would not want to send Gibbs into the preseason draft.. not that he ever has remotely suggested that he wanted to go home, but if that is what the original poster is assuming.

Gibbs for Dangerfield + Otten + 2nd round pick ???????????

Honestly, some fans need to get with reality.

Gibbs for Dangerfield is fair. 2 Elite talents, each with their own amazing abilities, each potential captains.

However, there is even no chance of that happening. Neil Craig would never do this as it would send the wrong message out to our interstate recruits, unless Dangerfield asked for it.. which i strongly doubt.

Remember if Gibbs wanted to go home, you would not want to be getting overly picky as I am sure you would not want to send Gibbs into the preseason draft.. not that he ever has remotely suggested that he wanted to go home, but if that is what the original poster is assuming.
We would hold all the power in the situation unless Adelaide or Port Adelaide held a top pick in the PSD...

If they dont have a top pick then he either we get what we want OR he re signs with us... if he leaves to go to another club outside SA then serious questions would be asked of his motive.

We would hold all the power in the situation unless Adelaide or Port Adelaide held a top pick in the PSD...

If they dont have a top pick then he either we get what we want OR he re signs with us... if he leaves to go to another club outside SA then serious questions would be asked of his motive.

By the same token we hold the power too unless Dangerfield or Otten actually want to leave.

Trade would never happen, although I find it entertaining what some people think their players are worth.

Gibbs & Dangerfields stats are very similar when you put them next to each other for the start of their careers, its just that Dangerfield fits the needs of the Crows, more than Gibbs does. Right now Gibbs is worth more than Danger, but in say 3 years time I'd say there will be no gap, and they will both be counted as some of the best in the competition.

You've set the bar too low mate - surely you'd want Danger/Otten/Walker/Tippett to make the trade a fair one for Carlton?

Gibbs for Danger would be around the mark - Crows wouldn't do it though, unless they had to.

Otten would need a decent pick, say 15-20 to make it happen, but Carlton would only do that if they had to.

I'd rather keep Danger/Otten for the time being though - would love Gibbs to want to come home, but our young group is looking good.

Now the minimum I would expect from the Crows if they want to trade for Gibbs, a former highly rated no 1 draft pick, would be Otten and Dangerfield, and possibly a 2nd rnd draft pick in return.

Its always good to see that when a teams year goes a bit sour or relaity catches up with fantasy that supporters of that team still has a sense of humour.:thumbsu:

Gibbs is ok but our 2 guys go in and get the hard ball

Any way good luck for the rest of the year and with your comedy career it is of to a good start made me laugh

Dangerfield + Otten would be a fair trade imo.

Gibbs is fast turning into a gun, the start of this season he was tearing it up, maybe he's feeling the heat and getting a little tired. Gotta remember he's on 20yo.

Dangerfield imo will be a future superstar, the way he moves through trafficis sensational for a young stocky bloke. Keep your eye on that kid.

You've set the bar too low mate - surely you'd want Danger/Otten/Walker/Tippett to make the trade a fair one for Carlton?

Gibbs for Danger would be around the mark - Crows wouldn't do it though, unless they had to.

Otten would need a decent pick, say 15-20 to make it happen, but Carlton would only do that if they had to.

I'd rather keep Danger/Otten for the time being though - would love Gibbs to want to come home, but our young group is looking good.

Not sure we'd take Pick 15-20 for Otten mate, unless you mean Gibbs + pick 15-20 for Dangerfield + Otten (which I'm also pretty sure we wouldn't take, but at least is closer to the mark on proven form).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The OP is a muppet.

No.

Just no.

I'd rather have Gibbs kicking the ball to Fevola or going for goal than Dangerfield...

Gibbs' vision and touch is sublime.

Grigg for Ottens would be a fair straight swap.

Unless Gibbs is out of contract and the Crows have the first pick in the PSD, Gibbs for Otten or Dangerfield should be an act at the Melbourne Comedy Festival.

Compare Gibbs to Knights at the same stage in their careers and get back to us...

IIRC, Knights wasn't regarded as a good kick, but has stepped up this year and become a goal kicking midfielder/HFF.

Carlton didn't get ROK because we weren't prepared to downtrade our first pick for Sydney's first pick.

We valued pick 6 higher than Sydney's first pick.

Yarran was the player we wanted if NicNat wasn't there.[/quote]

Maybe you should check what I was replying too :thumbsu:

Very amusing, this thread! :D:D

Im still dirty a 250+ gamer somehow didnt qualifiy Bryce as a father son pick for us, but if anything I think Gibbs in the midfield will be a gun for you.

Have to agree with Pride Of SA on this one. It burns me every time I see Gibbs play. In another reality where Ross had played 200 games (instead of 191) in the designated time period, Gibbs Jr would be at Adelaide, as well as Dangerfield and Otten! Mmmmmmmm (*salivates like Homer Simpson*

Personally, I can't see why any Carlton supporter would want to see Bryce Gibbs traded. For a kid who has played just over 50 games, Bryce shows plenty IMHO. Finds the footy, never panics, makes good decisions, immaculate disposal.....you can't teach these things. Any perceived deficiencies with his hardness and willingness to chase can be worked on. A monty to play 200+ games at Carlton.

As for Dangerfield and Otten, I think the Crows would be more than happy with their progress to date. ;) I can't see either of them being on the trade table any time soon.

Sorry but I lol'd when I read the title of this thread :D

Gibbs is a gun but Otten, Dangerfield AND a 2nd round draft pick for him?? He's not even in the top 50 players in the AFL so how in gods name is that a fair trade? I honestly cannot believe someone has said Gibbs for Dangerfield & Otten would be a bargain for Adelaide :eek: whatever you're smoking give me some of that shit.

I think I can point you in the right direction.
I think many of the Carlton faithful (not all) are burning Dick Pratt's Vissey Board cardboard boxes and inhaling the fumes.

Some of the most laughable comments I have read on a board, and I am being really nice by saying most of the posts (not all) show you blokes are truly clueless.

Anyway have fun on whatever planet you are currently on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back