Bryce Gibbs staying at Carlton - Silvagni in the no blinking zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need the power to make the 8.

Gives them hope that they could push for a cheeky flag tilt while they still have Boak, Gray and Wines in good form.

Better yet get in Wines ear for a trade home and then do some swapsies!

Stayed off here the last couple of days. Thought I would sleep on it and let it all sink in before I posted about Gibbs again.

Always been a big fan of his up until now.

More reports coming out the club were fuming at him and felt "blindsided"

He really did snake behind our back with this whole thing.

Dissapointed we couldn't (Adelaide and Reid mainly) couldn't get a deal done.

If you are not 100% with us. You are against us.

I was told it was Bryce's parents who wanted them home, all for the love of grandchildren! Guilt trip layed good and proper on Bryce, hence his ... yep ok ... Adelaide took the opportunity to pounce and try and put the sob story out there. All lead by Gibbs senior! Mrs Bryce isn't fussed either way ....

Plus the healthy new 5 year contract which is about $2m more than what is left on his front loaded contract with us and a shot at a flag.

Weird process the whole thing. He told the club he was happy, then requested a trade via his manager/Adelaide's media team, hid himself and kept quiet all trade period, and is now partying Vegas hashtagging #baggers as if everything is rosy.

All looks a bit gutless to me to be honest.
Ah well, all turned out OK in the end.

I was told it was Bryce's parents who wanted them home, all for the love of grandchildren! Guilt trip layed good and proper on Bryce, hence his ... yep ok ... Adelaide took the opportunity to pounce and try and put the sob story out there. All lead by Gibbs senior! Mrs Bryce isn't fussed either way ....

and how do you know this ?
You talked to Gibbs family ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. We're not stupid. He has definitely lost a lot of respect from supporters now.

Nah I'm okay with it as long as he plays well next year. We have looked after him and he owes us but we are rebuilding and he has a few years left.

Plays well in the first part of the season and everyone will fall in love with his professionalism .

Could enhance his image rather than detract.

Feels like he will play well because more focus will be on him.

Nah I'm okay with it as long as he plays well next year. We have looked after him and he owes us but we are rebuilding and he has a few years left.

Bryce will most certainly try and play his very best. But only because it benefits Bryce. He will not get the same 5 year deal from the Crows if he puts in a poor season (unless they do the ultimate shifty McCarthy style).

What bothers me is the lies and the way he treated the club that was so good to him throughout his career.

Bryce will most certainly try and play his very best. But only because it benefits Bryce. He will not get the same 5 year deal from the Crows if he puts in a poor season (unless they do the ultimate shifty McCarthy style).

What bothers me is the lies and the way he treated the club that was so good to him throughout his career.

So what?

As long as he plays well I couldn't give a fat rats what his motivation is.

He played well in 2016, at one point he was talked about as a Brownlow chance. Presumably the return to Adelaide had been forming over time.

Yes, this is a bump in the relationship but don't presume it will make a figs worth of difference.

His family is in SA. They offered him a huge contract to finish his career. He tried to get there. Didn't work. Play on.

For years now half of our supporters have been trying to get him traded. Haven't you done hypothetical trades?

When he puts himself up, suddenly it's a problem.

Weird process the whole thing. He told the club he was happy, then requested a trade via his manager/Adelaide's media team, hid himself and kept quiet all trade period, and is now partying Vegas hashtagging #baggers as if everything is rosy.

All looks a bit gutless to me to be honest.

Which part do you think is gutless?

That he didn't go and talk to the media?
That he has close friends at the CFC?
That he planned his trip and went ahead with it?

You've never asked your boss for a raise, didn't get one and continued to work in good faith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back