Universal Love Buckley admits Tradedraft was right, selecting Grundy is the way to go

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he has an obsession with Grundy and suppresses it by telling everyone how shit he thinks he is.

In a year that we are struggling, he does not want to look at the positives an that is - Grundy is playing some ******* good footy and has gotten better and better the fitter he gets.
Turning to a player that hasn't debuted to become god and win us a flag is a stretch. He isn't the answer in 2013 and once he's played a few games the hype will die. Like most players that haven't debuted.

Turning to a player that hasn't debuted to become god and win us a flag is a stretch. He isn't the answer in 2013 and once he's played a few games the hype will die. Like most players that haven't debuted.

That's 1 opinion and no one questions your right to it, equally Dave is entitled to his.

"Watching him the last 2 Weeks has been Amazing. He is Big and Strong and So Mobile for a 200+cm Kid.

Get's in Front nearly every Contest and Taps it very well with good Direction. He is very hard to Move as he is very strong in the Contest.

His Goals he have Kicked are Highlight Film Stuff. Kicked one from 50 off one Step and the 2nd was off his Own Tapwork.

Only thing he needs to work on really is he Fitness Level as he Sits on the Bench a fair bit.

We have a Multiple AA Ruckman here guys.

Get Excited People" DTM

He didn't mention once that Grundy was the answer in 2013 or that he's a god. Yes, he thinks the kid has all Australian potential, so what. We've all had issues with some of Dave's posts and taken him to task accordingly but you have to love his enthusiasm.

My issue is the sarcastic snide attacks on his opinions. Having worked in the disability area I know how hard it is for people with disabilities to garner acceptance in the broader community. We should be better than that as a civilised society.

I don't think anyone has said that. Why wouldn't anyone get excited about a young ruck playing very well in the VFL and wishing that one day it will transfer to AFL.

That's 1 opinion and no one questions your right to it, equally Dave is entitled to his.

"Watching him the last 2 Weeks has been Amazing. He is Big and Strong and So Mobile for a 200+cm Kid.

Get's in Front nearly every Contest and Taps it very well with good Direction. He is very hard to Move as he is very strong in the Contest.

His Goals he have Kicked are Highlight Film Stuff. Kicked one from 50 off one Step and the 2nd was off his Own Tapwork.

Only thing he needs to work on really is he Fitness Level as he Sits on the Bench a fair bit.

Get Excited People" DTM

He didn't mention once that Grundy was the answer in 2013 or that he's a god. Yes, he thinks the kid has all Australian potential, so what. We've all had issues with some of Dave's posts and taken him to task accordingly but you have to love his enthusiasm.

My issue is the sarcastic snide attacks on his opinions. Having worked in the disability area I know how hard it is for people with disabilities to garner acceptance in the broader community. We should be better than that as a civilised society.

Thanks for Backing me up Mate

I don't think anyone has said that. Why wouldn't anyone get excited about a young ruck playing very well in the VFL and wishing that one day it will transfer to AFL.
We've gone from talking about having the greatest list at the start of 2013 to hanging our future hope on one player then?

Grundy HAS to play this week against GWS, one of Witts or Hudson should be dropped, or even both could be dropped. Lynch had a shocker in the VFL, so if both Witts and Hudson do get omitted Lynch wouldn't deserve to play. I think we should give Grundy (who by the looks of it plays better as a lone ruckman) play as one ruckman and then we can get Maxwell/Keeffe/Sack to chip in. Will be a good test for the youngster, who was predicted to get picked up by GWS via pick 3.
Are you seriously suggesting Grundy has the base fitness to ruck 90%+ in an AFL game? Gee some people get a tad overexcited! Yes, Grundy looks to have great potential but he certainly isn't having the sort of numbers that earned Witts his debut. Give the lad time. Play him as second fiddle to Witts if Hudson needs a rest but otherwise let him continue to develop in the VFL.

Are you seriously suggesting Grundy has the base fitness to ruck 90%+ in an AFL game? Gee some people get a tad overexcited! Yes, Grundy looks to have great potential but he certainly isn't having the sort of numbers that earned Witts his debut. Give the lad time. Play him as second fiddle to Witts if Hudson needs a rest but otherwise let him continue to develop in the VFL.

Okily dokily :thumbsu:

We've gone from talking about having the greatest list at the start of 2013 to hanging our future hope on one player then?

We need to keep a few players in reserve so that we can hang our future on them. Thats why Grundy shouldn't get a game. If he did, we'd have to start blaming him for the losses....

we'd have to start blaming him for the losses....
I thought we had that covered..
18773452.jpg

We need to keep a few players in reserve so that we can hang our future on them. Thats why Grundy shouldn't get a game. If he did, we'd have to start blaming him for the losses....
I've seen this somewhere... then we can open up 10 threads on Broomhead over the pre season.

Get Excited People" DTM

***** Caveat *****​
Before reading on.. Please accept this as light hearted humour as was intended. No disrespect to Dave or any other member of our community who suffer from any form of physical or mental impairment/disability.
***** Caveat *****​
You worked in Carlton recruitment???​
You're dead to me Jackass!​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

***** Caveat *****​
Before reading on.. Please accept this as light hearted humour as was intended. No disrespect to Dave or any other member of our community who suffer from any form of physical or mental impairment/disability.
***** Caveat *****​

I've poked out both my eyes with a blunt stick and stripped most of the flesh from my body.... almost cleansed...

***** Caveat *****​
***** Caveat *****​
Go back to your own board thanks

I've seen this somewhere... then we can open up 10 threads on Broomhead over the pre season.

I'd go further with this strategy. I think we should consider leaving out Pendles, Swan and Cloke. They should play in the VFL for the rest of the season. I would even consider changing our AFL side with our VFL side. Just think about the number of threads we could start on Pendles being our saviour...cloke being the next big thing... swannie coming back to his very best and saving us...Rather than putting all our hope in Grundy being our saviour and the future best player in the league, we could have half a dozen players sharing the role of saviour....

***** Caveat *****​
***** Caveat *****​
Jackass why did you like this post?

I definitely think that he should be given a chance against GWS, he seems to be getting better numbers than what Hudson was getting in the VFL so why not? Him and Witts playing in tandem would be exciting and would definitely make me keen to go to the game. One game won't hurt him (unless he gets injured but thats just as likely to happen in the VFL).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back