Building For a Shot at the Top

Remove this Banner Ad

The most exciting part for me is that we will be back in finals but with a new wave of players. Seeing the likes of Gulden, Wicks, Blakey, McInerney, Warner, even slightly older guys like Dawson lining up for their first finals... that will be seriously awesome. Not to mention guys like Florent, Hayward, Mills and McCartin who have barely played in any. It will give guys like Logan, Braeden and Amartey, who I can't see a spot for unless something goes horribly wrong on the injury front, a great motivation to want to be a part of it next year.

^ Per my last post I should also give a mention to Rowbottom, who I feel for. I have no doubt in my mind that if he had the same blessed run of fitness that the bulk of our list has had this year that he'd be one of those in that side come that first final, and he's been as integral a part of our young core as any of them. So it's a shame that he'll likely miss out on being a part of what will be a great experience for our youngsters as a whole.

But as with Braeden, Logan etc, missing out on that opportunity will be a good fire to have in his belly over the pre-season.

The prospect of having Mills and Kennedy out for our first final, against a team whose midfield is firing worries me, particularly with Haynes, Taylor and potentially Davis forming an almost impenetrable defence. I can only hope it will drum into our young players just how much we're relying on them to play better than ever before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back