Game Day Bulldogs v Fremantle, Etihad (01/06/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

The only ones I remember them calling are whenever Griffen went near the ball and Tim Watson would say "how is that not a free kick" when Crowley was doing nothing wrong.

I remember one Commetti called as a free kick in the goalsquare on Luke vs Crameri. Bwuce jumped on board (as is his wont). Was a legit spoil and bodying. No free. Happily, the umps agreed.

Watson mentioned it after the fact. Saying that Picken got up after the scuffle with claret from his nose - clearing inferring it was Ballas fault.
I'm sure the MRP will have a close look at it to see if there's anything they can pin on Balla.

That's if Bwuce's multiple highlights of Balla's trip on Higgins... and his mention of it (including vision) at one of the breaks doesn't get him a look from the MRP.

Bruce "that's a trip... that's dangerous". D!ckhead. It was a trip by hand. That's less dangerous than an in-the-back, and they happen every friggin' game.

If it's the one I'm thinking of then it was a free kick. He went back and made body contact while never looking at the ball.

Nah. That wasn't the one. The one I'm talking about happened some time in the last 10 mins. Luke spoiled from behind... a couple of metres out from the goals line.

The one you're thinking of was a spoil running back into the marker. Williams (maybe?), with the free committed by one of the Zacs I think.

Don't lie, all that was said is Crowley was scragging Griffen all game. Didn't effect the result and we were not robbed.

Was just a joke mate.

For the record no mod ever said the word disgraceful or robbed.

However there was only 1 very lonely dogs supporter saying they had an easy run today. The rest unanimously had the dockers in front with the umpiring.

This lead me to chortle heartily.

I haven't even seen the game yet. I make no comment other than 18-4 strikes me as odd.

Was just a joke mate.

For the record no mod ever said the word disgraceful or robbed.

However there was only 1 very lonely dogs supporter saying they had an easy run today. The rest unanimously had the dockers in front with the umpiring.

This lead me to chortle heartily.

I haven't even seen the game yet. I make no comment other than 18-4 strikes me as odd.

It was 19-4 actually.

One free kick per quarter!!! FFS... at least we didn't waste those 4 precious kicks... :p

You always miss stuff live though. There were plenty of obvious frees to us that they completely ignored while paying the equivalent to the Dogs.

I get a better feel for the game without having the commentators/stats in front of me, sure they missed some frees but not to the point of the whinge fest on here. Who cares if the free kick count was lopsided, doesn't mean s**t.

The main free that I remember getting missed was Ballas massive shove in the back at the end of the first to kick a goal.

No no no...
You guys were all wrong, it's RTB's fault.
He couldn't tell what's a freekick what's not anymore
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I wonder if we have just seen a bit of payback for Ross publicly criticising the umpiring department over the Crowley interchange infringement call in our last game vs Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, I wonder if we have just seen a bit of payback for Ross publicly criticising the umpiring department over the Crowley interchange infringement call in our last game vs Geelong

That just discredits the umpires even more. I hope it gets floated in the speculation - I may even ring into 6pr to bring up what a disgrace it was.

After RTB's "saddle back" comments, our next match against north, I noticed we cop every HTB call against us (not against norf) in the first half.

Not really wanting to whine, but RTB had made negative comments of the umpiring and they may not be pleased

Sorry folks you can safely chuck the tin foil tatty titfers in the bin.The umps are genuinely shyte and the interpretation of what are laughingly referred to as rules will be entirely different in a month's time.
We are the only game in the world which conducts itself this way and I for one don't know why??

Such angst about the umpiring.

Seriously?

You are becoming a serial whinger.

Are you a sad old pom?

We won the game, nothing will change.

Get over it.

Sorry folks you can safely chuck the tin foil tatty titfers in the bin.The umps are genuinely shyte and the interpretation of what are laughingly referred to as rules will be entirely different in a month's time.
We are the only game in the world which conducts itself this way and I for one don't know why??

Well, having umpires that aren't posties and garbos during the week might be a start, incomprehensible in this day and age that it still isn't a fully professional vocation.

Posties and garbos!!Funny I've been both and we're as bright as any QC:cool::cool::cool:
No it's that the interpretation,emphasis and enforcement changes from week to week.Noone knows WTF is happening.
The game has changed and players have no time.The rolling maul is a feature;but holding the ball,incorrect disposal decisions are a complete lottery.The players and coaches don't even know.

Posties and garbos!!Funny I've been both and we're as bright as any QC:cool::cool::cool:
No it's that the interpretation,emphasis and enforcement changes from week to week.Noone knows WTF is happening.
The game has changed and players have no time.The rolling maul is a feature;but holding the ball,incorrect disposal decisions are a complete lottery.The players and coaches don't even know.

Honestly wasn't trying to be derogatory to people in those professions but yeah consistent, week in week out interpretations sure would be nice. Maybe there should be a better screening process, can't be an umpire if you're an egomaniac with small man syndrome would be a start.

Not many people want to be an umpire though, they have to take whatever they can get.

They should focus on trying to entice more ex-players into the fold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back