Game Day The Bing AI Pre-match: Round 14 - Freo vs Giants @ Giants Stadium. Saturday 17/06/2023 @1435 AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "we miss Darcy" comments are ridiculous. If we have to excuse this s**t over one player then we're going nowhere.
Well said. Complete inability by the coach to adjust the game plan to deal with player injuries or different opponents. But we aren't allowed to criticise Saint Justin or Perfect Peter on here so I'll just go back to watching other coaches do real coaching.

Just quietly Kingsley is a very, very promising coach, did a great job of continuing to adjust how GWS were playing throughout the game to get maximum reward for effort.

I'd like to know Liam Henrys record? Feels like our win rate is 0% with him in the team, has he ever experienced a victory? He had a lot of s**t campaigner mates today though but lets not polish a turd golden here

Thank god that is over.....beyond terrible.
OK everyone, let's start teh replays
Drink Eye Roll GIF by HannahWitton

Young is the most overrated player we have. He’s to slow.
He had a good first half but I agree he looks a bit slow for a defender. Our midfield is the culprit this week. They are a very inconsistent unit and they are very lucky that they are the chosen ones and apparently have the job for life. Irrespective . And don't they play like they know it.

Well said. Complete inability by the coach to adjust the game plan to deal with player injuries or different opponents. But we aren't allowed to criticise Saint Justin or Perfect Peter on here so I'll just go back to watching other coaches do real coaching.

Just quietly Kingsley is a very, very promising coach, did a great job of continuing to adjust how GWS were playing throughout the game to get maximum reward for effort.
GWS will continue to be an artificial team created by the AFL in a non AFL state in the worst stadium in the league with players leaving every year and them getting promising draft picks. How much does the AFL put into them each year to keep them going?

I don't care if we did. At least the dockers got 6 wins already.

I remember the 2017 season when we got 8 wins and 14 losses.

89 point loss to Port in Adelaide oval sucked. 8.8.56 but not one mark inside 50.

We then lost by 100 points to the crows in round 10 with a scoreline of 143-43.

I didn't care as we had 6 wins by round 10. Better than going 0-10 in 2016.

Didn't even care about the back to back 104 point losses to Swans away and tigers at home late in 2017.
I was at that Port Adelaide game, sat with the cheer squad and got to raise the banner. Pretty sure that was the score line two years in a row. 😂

I'm certainly not simple enough to fathom your thinking. Who do we bring in that wins the game for us today Einstein?

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't undersell yourself, you are.

Henry, Switta, NOD are just not AFL level right now. You can add Fyfe to that as well. He's slow and takes on players and gets caught. None of those four should be picked next week but they all will be.

Team selections were badly wrong, team preparation was abysmal, and in game coaching was pathetic.

Nil changes to adapt to Darcy being out or to the ground we played on, or to our opponent.

But no problems here, JLo is just wonderful.

3 out of 4 quarters we kicked 1 goal or less (yet again). Now a sustained long term picture of JLo being unable to get the team to start well, and unable to stop multiple quarters of 1 goal or less in many, many, many games. "But we're a young team"...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS will continue to be an artificial team created by the AFL in a non AFL state in the worst stadium in the league with players leaving every year and them getting promising draft picks. How much does the AFL put into them each year to keep them going?
Actually way less than the AFL funnel to Gold Coast, GWS are almost self sustaining now, the Canberra games turn a massive profit for them and they do better than break even at 4 of 6 big home games each year. For all the on field rubbish and list turnover, GWS have actually been really well run commercially off field. They have a great stadium deal in Sydney that gets them great cash from even half full stadiums at home games, and the ACT government is pouring money in for the next ten years for more Canberra games.

GWS are developing a real footy base in regional southern NSW, which is a long term AFL area on par with areas like Tassie or the NT. They'll never have 80k or 100k members, but the way they are structured off field they don't need that scale of membership to turn a profit every year. Kingsley may well get them a premiership.

There are other avenues to score

Maybe if we didn’t have everyone behind the ball and have to chip it around whenever we win the ball behind centre
We wouldn't have to chip it around all the time if we could win at the fall of the ball or manage to hit a leading target or take a pack mark down the line. They are the other options but we aren't good enough to manage any if those. When we did that, in the recent games we won, we looked a lot better.

Sam Sturt kicked nearly half our score, but watch him get dropped for next week while Banfield, Hughes and JOM stay in.

We wouldn't have to chip it around all the time if we could win at the fall of the ball or manage to hit a leading target or take a pack mark down the line. They are the other options but we aren't good enough to manage any if those. When we did that, in the recent games we won, we looked a lot better.
That’s why those wins felt like false dawns, unsustainable and definitely not a style that wins finals footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back