Game Day The Bing AI Pre-match: Round 14 - Freo vs Giants @ Giants Stadium. Saturday 17/06/2023 @1435 AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you ready for a thrilling AFL match this Saturday? The Freo Dockers will take on the GWS Giants at Giants Stadium in a clash that could have huge implications for both teams' finals hopes. Here's everything you need to know about this exciting game.

The Dockers are coming off a dominant win over Richmond last week, where they showed their class and resilience in a tough contest. They are currently sixth on the ladder with six wins and six losses, and will be keen to cement their spot in the top eight with another victory. Their star midfielder Nat Fyfe is in sensational form, averaging 25 disposals and a goal per game this season. He will be supported by the likes of David Mundy, Andrew Brayshaw and Caleb Serong, who form a formidable midfield unit. The Dockers also have plenty of firepower up forward, with Matt Taberner, Rory Lobb and Michael Walters all capable of kicking a bag of goals.

The Giants are facing a must-win game after losing to North Melbourne last week in a shock result. They are currently 11th on the ladder with five wins and eight losses, and need to start stringing some wins together if they want to keep their finals chances alive. Their captain Toby Greene is their main weapon, having kicked 28 goals in 11 games this season. He will need some help from his teammates, especially in the midfield where they have been outplayed in recent weeks. The Giants will also have to overcome some injury woes, with key players like Josh Kelly, Lachie Whitfield and Stephen Coniglio all sidelined.

This game promises to be a high-scoring affair, as both teams like to play fast and attacking footy. The Dockers have scored an average of 86 points per game this season, while the Giants have scored an average of 79 points per game. The last time these two teams met was in round two this year, when the Dockers thrashed the Giants by 31 points at Optus Stadium. Can they repeat that performance on the road, or will the Giants bounce back and cause an upset?

Don't miss this blockbuster match between the Freo Dockers and the GWS Giants this Saturday at 4:35pm AEST. Tune in to watch it live on Channel 7 or stream it on Kayo Sports. Go Dockers!

Their in's don't matter, if we are good enough to play finals this season we will beat the Giants and than Essendon. There should be no excuses. Is this the Freo of old or are we finally a decent team that beats the teams it should.

Dockers by 15.

Last edited:
They look stronger on paper than we do I hate to admit.
This is going to be very tough

They look stronger on paper than we do I hate to admit.
This is going to be very tough
I think we look very good on paper, too. Amiss and Treacy playing like they are atm and I easily had us top 4 last year. But somehow we not really delivering.

But some agreement. GWS are among the teams that look like underachieving, based on the personal they have.

I feel like we are too small all over the ground. We are going to have to bring our fast ball movement game and ensure we are lowering our eyes to hit leading targets otherwise we’ll get monstered in the air and in congestion.
In the backline they have Taylor (198), Buckley (195cm), Himmelberg (195cm) and Idun (193cm). In the forward line they have Hogan (196cm), Riccardi (198cm) and resting ruck Keeffe (204cm).
Keeffe vs Treacy in the second ruck battle could be very one sided despite Treacy bringing great contest the last two weeks.

They also have Callaghan (192cm) on one wing and Green (192cm) in the middle.

We are going to have to run them off their feet to win.

Freo by 12 points

IMG_2341.png I feel like we are too small all over the ground. We are going to have to bring our fast ball movement game and ensure we are lowering our eyes to hit leading targets otherwise we’ll get monstered in the air and in congestion.
In the backline they have Taylor (198), Buckley (195cm), Himmelberg (195cm) and Idun (193cm). In the forward line they have Hogan (196cm), Riccardi (198cm) and resting ruck Keeffe (204cm).
Keeffe vs Treacy in the second ruck battle could be very one sided despite Treacy bringing great contest the last two weeks.

They also have Callaghan (192cm) on one wing and Green (192cm) in the middle.

We are going to have to run them off their feet to win.

Freo by 12 points

Well it is certainly beautiful weather for a quick game here in Sydney.

We will see early on whether we are winning it in the middle, going off the line and lowering the eyes.

Funnily enough the average height is the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it is certainly beautiful weather for a quick game here in Sydney.

We will see early on whether we are winning it in the middle, going off the line and lowering the eyes.

Funnily enough the average height is the same.
That snip from the afl app is list profile, not team profile. It’s not relevant to the game (thanks afl!)

People said the same about the Tigers, I think some are forgetting we just arnt very good this year.
BS, Tigers have one of the most experienced sides this year and they are excellent in the rain. It was a deadly combo and yet we almost clutched it.

Won't be able to watch the whole thing sadly. If Walker can keep Toby Greene to a couple of goals that's another tick for him.

Our tough run home and the log jam around us means a loss here will make finals very difficult.

Hi, folks! I am thinking of going to the game despite being on call. Can you guys advise what part of the ground I should buy a ticket? Also is there a different seat allocation for members and if so, is anyone kind enough to give me a code? Alternatively i Mai just sign up for the interstate membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back