Bundesliga 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

and down go 1860 to the 3.Liga after a 2-0 loss at home to Jahn Regensburg. Less said about the 1860 fans the better

At least they have two derbies against Bayern II next season to look forward to....

But this takes the cake

Just a poorly run club

:(

Some people are absolute idiots. Yes the whole situation is unbelievably frustrating but that excuses nothing. The true fans (and yes there are plenty) are also tarnished with the same brush which is a shame.

No doubt the club absolutely deserved this. I can only hope it doesn't go the way of the gurgler. Some are of the opinion a fresh start in the 3. Liga will be good... I wish I could share their optimism. There are obviously massive issues to sort out.

and down go 1860 to the 3.Liga after a 2-0 loss at home to Jahn Regensburg. Less said about the 1860 fans the better

At least they have two derbies against Bayern II next season to look forward to....

But this takes the cake

Just a poorly run club

Still find it a bit funny that their crosstown rival is the very model of running an awesome business. What Bayern have done to dominate the German competition despite its unique rules is some great work indeed.

Just amazing to see the vastly different fortunes.

Wow.

1860 investor Hasan Ismaik has failed to pay the DFB the required 10 million euros for a licence to play next season in 3.Liga and will now be relegated to Regionalliga Bayern (German 4th Tier) with a chance they could even be put in the 5th Tier. Paderborn are saved from the drop in their place.

Ismaik has been demanding an exception to the 50+1 rule for some time and by dropping into the amateur ranks, it will allow him to set up the ownership of the club as he likes (no 50+1 rule below 3.Liga) and move the club back to the Gruenwalder Stadion.

Shameful day

Wow.

1860 investor Hasan Ismaik has failed to pay the DFB the required 10 million euros for a licence to play next season in 3.Liga and will now be relegated to Regionalliga Bayern (German 4th Tier) with a chance they could even be put in the 5th Tier. Paderborn are saved from the drop in their place.

Ismaik has been demanding an exception to the 50+1 rule for some time and by dropping into the amateur ranks, it will allow him to set up the ownership of the club as he likes (no 50+1 rule below 3.Liga) and move the club back to the Gruenwalder Stadion.

Shameful day
farcical

That is actually the worst case scenario I could have thought of.

I was hoping that if we weren't going to be in the 3. Liga, at least it would mean that Ismaik wouldn't be there and complete clean out could have happened.

Alternatively Ismaik would pay the 3. Liga licence and we wouldn't be in complete obscurity. The Regionalligen are extremely hard to get out of.

If Ismaik wanted to be free of the 50+1 rule I'm not sure why he had to buy a stake in a German club. Plenty of other countries that don't have such strict regulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back