Suspended
Feb 6, 2008
Mosman
AFL Club
Collingwood
The dynasty isn't finished yet :rolleyes:

Bush Sr touts younger son for presidency

January 5, 2009 - 6:28AM

Former president George H W Bush, father of the outgoing US commander-in-chief, on Sunday touted another son Jeb for a future presidential bid.
"I'd like to see him run. I'd like to see him be president some day," the elder Bush, 84, who was the 41st president, told "Fox News Sunday."
"I think he's as qualified and able as anyone I know," he said in an interview, adding however that "now is not the time" to push another White House run by a member of his famous family dynasty.
"There have been enough Bushes in there," said the octogenarian, who served as commander-in-chief from 1989 to 1993. His son, George W Bush, leaves the White House on January 20 after two terms.
He said son Jeb, a former governor of Florida, would also would make an "outstanding" senator representing the state.
"He's a guy who really has a feel for people, the issues in Florida and nationally and his political days ought not to be over," Bush said.
The former president also had words of praise for his older son, who faces relentless criticism and historically low opinion polls as he ends his eight-year White House stint in a little over two weeks.
"The fact that everything that's a problem in this country should be put on his shoulders, that's not fair," Bush said.
"He ran a clean operation, having kept this country strong and free after unprecedented in history attack, 9/11, and he'll have a lot to be proud of," said Bush, adding "he'll come home with his head high."
© 2009 AFP

Many of the dumbest people I've met have been American, surely they wouldn't be this dumb...

As long as he doesn't use the word, maverick, promise to reach across the aisle and actually appeals to Republicans I'm all for it.

It's hard to throw hand grenades when you are fighting from the same foxhole like McCain was.

Many of the dumbest people I've met have been American, surely they wouldn't be this dumb...
Well, they did re-elect the current Bush in 2004 so I wouldn`t put anything past them.

On the positive side for the GOP, Jeb can't be less informed or more incompetent than Shrub, can he?

Jeb Bush the former Florida Govenor in 2000 who presided over the what is a "chad" and what's not a "chad" during the counting of votes in Florida

Brilliant...and slack jawed Jeb makes his brother George and Jethro Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies look brilliant.

This will end up much the same way as campain Clinton and the maiden voyage of the Titanic :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance in hell of another Bush ever running.

It was a bit of a relief though, a few years ago i have the genuine concern that American rule would have read:

Bush
Clinton
Bush
Clinton
Bush

Its relieving that US democracy was healthy enough to avoid that, even if it did get close there for a while.

another moron named bush running the country. the world and the us doesnt want it. if the us econnemy gets back on track throught obama and if jeb gets voted in. they country will go back to were it is now

Neither of these things is going to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back