Play Nice Bye Bye Brad [v4.0] - IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad knows he isn't getting another senior gig. Can anybody blame him for wanting to hold on?

Not just for the money, but for the job itself. He'll never get to be the top dog at an AFL football club ever again.

Would take a heart and soul of epic proportions to walk away from that, just for 'the good of the club'.

In fact it would take a supreme level of objectivity and self-awareness to even see how dire things are right now.

You need a certain one-eyed self-confidence to make it at the top level.

This doesn't translate well into seeing your own demise play out in front of you.

I suspect that Brads really does believe his own nonsense. Like the delusion of a man telling himself his marriage will recover.

Nah bro, when it's terminal, it's terminal.

Last edited:
I wrote at the end of 2017 that he needed to leave North - for the benefit of himself and for us.

Now Brad has hurt his brand and the Club materially - he should never have been extended into a 9-10-11th year - completely irresponsible of the Board to do this.

He will be feeling that everything he has stood for as a coach has now failed - right at the time that his brother is finding rejuvenation.

He won't get another senior gig now - he is damaged goods.

It is very unfortunate for him - he had periods where he coached very well - but at the end of the day he just wasn't good enough across the wide number of areas required to be a successful modern day coach.

His latest press conference shows what a parody it has become now.

His last throw of the dice maybe to now play youth and try to be flexible in his coaching style - unfortunately it will be all too little too late and we are much the worse as a club for this.

There was a shot of him at the game last night and he didn't look very happy.

He had a look on his face as if he was witnessing a car crash.

.........and he was.

How did Fremantle kick 140 points against us.
I just can’t comprehend that number.
Not 84 or a 100.
Not 120 but 140+.

That’s the wake up call. That in the first game of the year. 2 months and 8 games later what have we achieved? Surely, surely even Brad knows his time is done. Laidley did. If Brad is waiting for another position to open up before pulling the pin then he is as selfish as anyone whose represented the club in the last 30 years.
There is nothing left for him at Arden St. Nothing to gain or achieve. It’s done. Move on with some dignity and your character still in tact.

They aren't going to call it whilst he has a year to run on his contract. We need him to leave and we know he is FAR TOO STUBBORN to do this. Draft pick one this year and next should set us up for Sam Mitchell or Luke Hodge to take over and create a Hawk like dynasty.

And watch us (via brads ego) cost us that or any lower draft pick like it did when we had that magnificent win against the team battling us for bottom spot 2 years ago....
Sure we got LDU but we could have had the number 1 pick but we couldn't even achieve that under this spud of a coach...

They aren't going to call it whilst he has a year to run on his contract. We need him to leave and we know he is FAR TOO STUBBORN to do this. Draft pick one this year and next should set us up for Sam Mitchell or Luke Hodge to take over and create a Hawk like dynasty.

Dont mind the Mitchell as coach idea but not Hodge. Hodge needs to do some type of apprentership it another club. Maybe have Mitchell as coach with Hodge assistant would be ok by me.

And watch us (via brads ego) cost us that or any lower draft pick like it did when we had that magnificent win against the team battling us for bottom spot 2 years ago....
Sure we got LDU but we could have had the number 1 pick but we couldn't even achieve that under this spud of a coach...

If we’d have got Cam Rayner he’d be currently spinning his wheels in the VFL with only a dozen or so AFL games under his belt. Just like LDU. Kids must groan when they’re told we’re drafting them. Whilst not accessing high draft picks, it is true to say that Brad will end his 10 year coaching career having not developed one single midfielder to elite level. Why would Rayner have been any different?

I am more concerned about the club now than I was in 2007, because at least we were doing something about it in 2007.

The current level of accepted incompetence is so bad that it's as if it's being orchestrated.

So I am, but because of supporters who are willing to abandon the club because we are losing. Cite all the boys-club, lefty-nepotistic board, community focused distractions you want. None of that would raise an eye brow if we were winning. And if people want to abandon a club when we are losing, they probably should follow sport (or at least not profess to love a club).

Drama queens. 🙄

If we’d have got Cam Rayner he’d be currently spinning his wheels in the VFL with only a dozen or so AFL games under his belt. Just like LDU. Kids must groan when they’re told we’re drafting them. Whilst not accessing high draft picks, it is true to say that Brad will end his 10 year coaching career having not developed one single midfielder to elite level. Why would Rayner have been any different?

Cunnington not elite?

The result would have been the same regardless if we had pick 1 The only difference Luke would have even more pressure on him internally and externally .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I am, but because of supporters who are willing to abandon the club because we are losing. Cite all the boys-club, lefty-nepotistic board, community focused distractions you want. None of that would raise an eye brow if we were winning. And if people want to abandon a club when we are losing, they probably should follow sport (or at least not profess to love a club).

Drama queens. 🙄
If you think that the bolded has no relevance or played no part, then you're delusional.

I am more concerned about the club now than I was in 2007, because at least we were doing something about it in 2007.

The current level of accepted incompetence is so bad that it's as if it's being orchestrated.
In your opinion what did we actually do about it that was successful.

Cunnington not elite?

A-grade. Not literally elite. He’s never been in the upper echelon match winners like Ablett, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield etc. But this isn’t about Ben. I could have made the same point in a different way.

Player development under Brad Scott has been absolutely putrid and under his coaching we can’t assume that by having high draft picks we’ll end up with outstanding players.

We’re stuck in an organisational inertia with people in charge who fear the otherside. The board do not want to rock the boat.

We’re in a dire situation here. Boards thinking bottom line as per usual but it’s worth the financial setback to move Scott on and breathe life into a club that is on standby. Bring a new voice, a fresh face. Make footy fun to watch again. Remaining dormant is now the worst thing that can happen.

How did Fremantle kick 140 points against us.
I just can’t comprehend that number.
Not 84 or a 100.
Not 120 but 140+.

That’s the wake up call. That in the first game of the year. 2 months and 8 games later what have we achieved? Surely, surely even Brad knows his time is done. Laidley did. If Brad is waiting for another position to open up before pulling the pin then he is as selfish as anyone whose represented the club in the last 30 years.
There is nothing left for him at Arden St. Nothing to gain or achieve. It’s done. Move on with some dignity and your character still in tact.

Freo since:

58, 71, 56, 106, 88, 34, 86, 53.

With 6 ******* months to prepare, we let these *ers score 140 ******* points. They have averaged 69 a game since. (Zondor likes this). 12 ******* goals less per game since Round 1. Cam McCarthy kicked five. He looked like peak level Carey. That campaigner can't even get a game now.

Ambush or what.

The campaigner has had 9.5 years.

Hes done. Cooked. Fried.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong but I thought he started the original V1 thread?

A sack the coach thread would eventually come to fruition in 95% of circumstances.

Getting as close as we did late in the final quarter yesterday has prevented the media at roasting Scott for his disgraceful coaching. We played a team that was on average 4 years younger than us, had injuries to key players left, right and center and played at a ground where it should have advantaged us.
The media DGAF about us. They just write crap pieces about a lack of shinboner spirit. If he is to be sent marching the heat will have to come internally.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am, but because of supporters who are willing to abandon the club because we are losing.

People are attempting to save the club by applying pressure.

What else can they do? The Arden Street echo chamber doesn't care.

The out of touch impostors at the top just point to membership figures and declare that they are doing a wonderful job in complete ignorance of the opposing fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back