Game Day * * * C R O W S * * * O L Y M P I C * * * C H A T * * *

Remove this Banner Ad

One more Gold medal and it'll be the most successful ever!

Beach volleyball and Kookaburras are two possibilities, not sure if there's any left after those 2 that we could get.
Boxing

Harry Garside.

Melissa Wu gets a bronze in the 10m diving.

The Chinese winner absolutely took the p155 to win that.

It was very similar to the 2008 olympics game vs USA (also coached by Goorjian.) Started strong and then were blown out before he even bothered to react.
TBH they were hamstrung

TBH they were hamstrung
Nah. It could have gone very differently.

Sobey and Goulding got extended minutes, despite there being better players on the bench and a lot of depth in those positions.

Meanwhile Reath got no meaningful time on the court despite being the only backup for Kay and Landale, who were both visibly cooked before half time. I didn't expect him to dominate or even meaningfully contribute. But it would have helped the other two last the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. It could have gone very differently.

Sobey and Goulding got extended minutes, despite there being better players on the bench and a lot of depth in those positions.

Meanwhile Reath got no meaningful time on the court despite being the only backup for Kay and Landale, who were both visibly cooked before half time. I didn't expect him to dominate or even meaningfully contribute. But it would have helped the other two last the game.
Wouldn't have made a shred of difference

Sorry, I'm barracking hard for the Kookaburras here but hockey as a sport is unwatchable.

Scrappy, congested. Goals only from frantic, crowded scraps. Teams just trying to hit it into an opposition player's foot.

Only skills on display are in the back half when there is space and the opposition don't care if you run around them.

Fortunately for the sport of hockey I've solved it for them.

Like netball with zones.

GS/GA and GK/GD the only players allowed in the goal circles. They can go anywhere in their half including the goal circles.

Teams have four midfield players, 2 are only allowed in the back half, two are only allowed in the front half (but not the goal circles)

I've also reduced it from 11 a side to 9 a side.

It's called 9ockey and will revolutionise the game

Sorry, I'm barracking hard for the Kookaburras here but hockey as a sport is unwatchable.

Scrappy, congested. Goals only from frantic, crowded scraps. Teams just trying to hit it into an opposition player's foot.

Only skills on display are in the back half when there is space and the opposition don't care if you run around them.

Like netball with zones.

GS/GA and GK/GD the only players allowed in the goal circles. They can go anywhere in their half including the goal circles.

Teams have four midfield players, 2 are only allowed in the back half, two are only allowed in the front half (but not the goal circles)

Make the other end of the hockey stick include a BB gun which you can use to shoot other players as a distraction when you don't have the puck

Like netball with zones.

I find it better to watch than soccer.
I reckon like basketball once you go over half way you can’t go back.

I find it better to watch than soccer.
I reckon like basketball once you go over half way you can’t go back.
It's like soccer if you take out all the skill but keep all the boredom

Reckon it’s more skillful than soccer.
Depends what you mean

I think it's harder to play than soccer

In fact it's impossible to play.

There's almost never a pass, gather, shot, goal. Goals are capitalising on messy, opportunistic spills

The play in the back half (passing, running, dribbling) shows what the game could be if there weren't always a horde of players crammed near the goals anytime a team goes forward

Hey, it's like AFL in that sense

tense-faces-gif.553849

Remove this Banner Ad

Back