Cadel Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

A quick question for all the cycling fans.

Are we likely to see Cadel Evans compete in the Tour De France this season?
Seems to be our best chance of winning a stage or two in the mountains but never seems to be given a chance to ride. I think it has something to do with breaking his collarbone too often and also being regarded as a dangerous rider.

Evans has joined the Davitamon-Lotto team for this year and from some reports sounds like he'll be the teams main General Classification rider in some of the big events possibly including the Tour de France.

kretchy said:
Evans has joined the Davitamon-Lotto team for this year and from some reports sounds like he'll be the teams main General Classification rider in some of the big events possibly including the Tour de France.
Thanks for that. Any truth to the rumor that he is regarded as a dangerous rider ?

Seems to be our best chance of winning a stage or two in the mountains but never seems to be given a chance to ride.

Don't mean to be pedantic, but this year is Evans' seventh consecutive Tour de France ride. He had four consecutive top 10 overall finishes between 2005-2008, including back-to-back 2nd place overall finishes in 2007 and 2008, so he's been given as many chances to ride as anyone else has.

Don't mean to be pedantic, but this year is Evans' seventh consecutive Tour de France ride. He had four consecutive top 10 overall finishes between 2005-2008, including back-to-back 2nd place overall finishes in 2007 and 2008, so he's been given as many chances to ride as anyone else has.

Oh Damon :D:D

Nice fail sir.

Haha, solid lesson re posting at 4am here.

I don't know much about the Tour but I keep hearing he is in a fantastic spot to win?

Can anyone elaborate on if he should win this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back