News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought it’s up to the governing body where you are working.

In events, when I work in Vic, they are the ones who audit, when in SA its safework SA.

No, the duty belongs to the employer. They're responsible as PCBUs, where they exist, not where their employees are deployed. You're thinking other responsibilities. They don't audit your safety systems , they audit your food systems. Your safety systems will most likely be prosecuted in SA which is where your PCBU exists and where you employ your staff from.

Last edited:

Correct. The Victorian Safeworking rules apply. They would have to investigate not SA. It falls under the states having their own accident juristiction.
When my cousin had an accident in Warnambool a few years ago the tribunal hearing took place in Adelaide.

Safework SA was his point of contact, although VicSafe did the groundwork investigation.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

none of us think there's that much in the camp. It's more that the club denied, silenced the unhappy whilst rolling out the highly paid sycophants to tell you and I how great it was. That it's still newsworthy must tell you something other than the entire world is against you.
Hang, you don't think there's much it in it? Which is exactly the position the club had from day 1.

They didn't deny anything about there being a camp, merely its impact, something you appear to agree with.

I'm happy to believe every single player who have some out and said it was either fine or a bit meh.

You want to believe Sam McClure. That's fine with me. I'll wait until somebody says something backed up with evidence

When my cousin had an accident in Warnambool a few years ago the tribunal hearing took place in Adelaide.

Safework SA was his point of contact, although VicSafe did the groundwork investigation.

Who called the investigation? Genuinely curious not trolling.

Who called the investigation? Genuinely curious not trolling.
Not really sure. Would have to ask him.

I think the reality of these kind of situations is that such law sits under a National framework and the different State bodies work together in such cases.

I ignore all. I don't think Burton and Pyke have any more credibility than the players leaking that the club had silenced. I look at the balance of probabilities.

Ok, but balance of probabilities of what happening?

You've said yourself you don't think there was much on it. So what is it you think is being withheld that is so massive?

The only thing of any seriousness was an unsubstantiated claim but an unknown player that the club might have provided person information to CM?

What else am I missing?

Not really sure. Would have to ask him.

I think the reality of these kind of situations is that such law sits under a National framework and the different State bodies work together in such cases.
Yeah, I was just curious, whilst they might be linked I was interested to know if the relevant state body needed to raise it, we all know how bureaucracy works.

What I was wondering, for example was say a SA company in working in Vic and there is an issue.

Does Safework SA need to raise it and their Vic counterparts investigate. Or Vic raise it and investigate and hand off to Safe work SA or if either can raise it

Interesting but I note Victoria conducted the investigation. As long as he got looked after it doesn't matter who did what.
I would venture to say Victoria handed the findings to SA to deal with it.

Ok, but balance of probabilities of what happening?

You've said yourself you don't think there was much on it. So what is it you think is being withheld that is so massive?

The only thing of any seriousness was an unsubstantiated claim but an unknown player that the club might have provided person information to CM?

What else am I missing?

The club failed in its duty and then failed to minimise the damage following. The camp itself had failures, that's now a given. The club eventually admitted to getting some things wrong.

Forget about identifying a singular sin. Workplace H&S laws don't work that way. It's not like being caught doing 70 in a 60 zone. It's rarely that easy. People get squashed by tonnes of pre-cast concrete and their employers haven't broken the law. You need to understand how the system works. If you've got time, I'm happy to walk you through it. I had the (mis)fortune to spend nearly 3 years in the game. It's largely a monumental waste of money, but it's easy to understand, once you're pointed in the right direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club failed in its duty and then failed to minimise the damage following. The camp itself had failures, that's now a given. The club eventually admitted to getting some things wrong.

Forget about identifying a singular sin. Workplace H&S laws don't work that way. It's not like being caught doing 70 in a 60 zone. It's rarely that easy. People get squashed by tonnes of pre-cast concrete and their employers haven't broken the law. You need to understand how the system works. If you've got time, I'm happy to work you through it. I had the (mis)fortune to spend nearly 3 years in the game. It's largely a monumental waste of money, but it's easy to understand, once you're pointed in the right direction.
Ok, I thin I've got it.

Your concern, bad on your experience is the Crows have breached OH&S laws tried to cover it up, this causing players additional mental anguish which the club could be liable for? ( I'm excluding fan anguish here).

As you said, messy area, I guess we now wait until there is an announcement on any further investigation

I have been told gov left because he was fine to go for the GF and he wasnt selected + hated pyke
Well that's bullshit. I went to training at Adelaide oval on the Wednesday before the GF and he was flat out walking
Edit: although it could be argued that walking is gov training at full pace lol

Oh yeah I’m not specifically talking about why they actually left, but Eddie seems to be the one feeding these continual articles on the camp so he must still hold some anger towards it.
It was quite clear that betts or his wife were the ones leaking camp stories before he left too.

Graham Cornes is such a knob. He worked in club land, he knows how we operate in terms of controlling the message. Every player that's spoken publicly thought it was good. So what, why is that meaningful, that's what the club and the admin aligned playing mouthpieces do. They know where their bread is buttered and that's more important than their relationship with teammates. It's toxic. Cannot move on any player who spoke publicly quick enough.

CDB64D71-0800-4E68-A3FD-BB1312DADEF0.png

So Gov left because of the camp and not money as his manager said

AFL Rich 100: Who are the AFL’s highest-earning stars? See the players ranked 51-100
And today as we reveal 100 to 51 of footy’s top paid players this year, two former Adelaide Crows are at the pointy end of the first countdown.

Mitch McGovern, now at Carlton, and Charlie Cameron, now at Brisbane, sit at 51 and 60 respectively.

McGovern isn’t on $800,000 plus, instead his pre-COVID salary for 2020 was $675,000-$725,000.

Cameron was on $650,000-$700,000 and could be in line for even more lucrative deal soon.
All-Australian defender Daniel Talia and Brad Crouch — who has been consistently linked with a move away from West Lakes on big money when his deal ends after this season — are both on $650,000-$700,000.

Last edited:
I think it is increasingly obvious that McGovern and his manager fed story's to McClure to add pressure on the club to trade McGovern in 2018.

I'm sure there were a couple of players who, ended up speaking to McClure but as seen by Campos claims of not being spoken to, no one of any value.

My reasoning for this, is anything concrete is from what we now understand as the 'all in' parts of it, the music, being tied to a tree and forced to get a knife etc, everything else is completely vague, because McGovern wasn't there.

Adding to this is McClure is known as 2 things, a hack journo and huge Carlton fan. It also explains that in his entire career, this is literally the only story he has ever had and by looks ever will.

So the article recently posted was fundamentally payback, partly because of Roos comments but also because it is increasingly clear that the McGovern trade has been a complete embarrassment for Carlton which reflects poorly on McClure and McGoverns manager.

This is not letting the club off for the way they managed it either. But it explains why McClure takes it so personally.

Last edited:
She sits on the Board and is therefore responsible for the success and performance of the AFC; there doesn't need to be any further clarification or drilling down to that.
Ostensibly. But really what the * doe she actually have to do with the football dept.

I just heard on 5AA that this week Conversations with Cornsey on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday , Cornes will be talking to Amon Woulfe. Should be extremely interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back