Game Day Can the Dogs reprise their 2016 EF heroics against the Eagles?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sen you mention 'sublime' in reference to Hunters kicking...twice. are you serious?
Hunters problem is he doesn't pull the trigger enough and sideways kicks/plays safe/heads out wide for cheap disposal too much

He needs to look at Macraes game as of late and play more direct (though Macrae was poor today he still looked to hit up targets up forward when given the opportunity)

New nickname for Bunga " Halfstep Hurn " hahahahaha honeychurch will be finding bits of teeth for a few weeks after that one. boy oh boy wowee.
New nickname for Bunga " Halfstep Hurn " hahahahaha honeychurch will be finding bits of teeth for a few weeks after that one. boy oh boy wowee.

New nickname for Natanui, "knees nat". I guess he wore out both his knees with all the careless knees in the back over the years. I see you already found a replacement for him, the one who nearly crippled Adams today.

Two can play at injury trolling.

Hunters problem is he doesn't pull the trigger enough and sideways kicks/plays safe/heads out wide for cheap disposal too much

He needs to look at Macraes game as of late and play more direct (though Macrae was poor today he still looked to hit up targets up forward when given the opportunity)

Agree but IMO he plays within his limitations. Can't consistently hit targets over 20m and can't kick over a jam tin.

Doesn't make for the most damaging outside mid / winger IMO.

Jesus Christ, The melts on this page are amazing. We have not even a team to put on the park due to injuries and lack of experience. Just get the kids games and get the best available drafts that come to us. Playing in Perth we are not only playing a top team, but also against biased and parrtisan umps. Unlike soccer, AFL needs to fix this. The bias in umpiring is sickening in Perth.

Fair enough, but I'm disappointed for the young fellas like Richards etc who have a red hot go and where's the experienced players backing them up? They should be stepping up and garnering team. No one seems to have stepped up since the loss of Matty Boyd, Murph etc. Still get value from never say die guys like Dale Morris, and yes you are right about injuries, but the likes of JJ, Dalhaus, Daniel - I dunno. It's all a bit weird. Yes, we have heaps of outs as injuries, but I just feel some of these 2016 guys are simply living off that and not pulling their finger out when they know the team's not in a good position. But that's exactly when they should step up.

Pathetic.

Enjoy your holiday.

Agree but IMO he plays within his limitations. Can't consistently hit targets over 20m and can't kick over a jam tin.

Doesn't make for the most damaging outside mid / winger IMO.
Fair call

Hence why if we want an outside mid upgrade somewhere, Gaff makes sense if we have the cash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers Mutt.
No VAR needed on that one.
I'm a pretty tolerant Mod I think but I've handed out two bans today. Sadly, I got no pleasure from it.

Hello people are allowed to have different opinions last time I looked
They are but when it is confected outrage it doesn't make sense. Christian got it right, Hurn had no real option. Unfortunate for Honey but it was just one of those things. He could have turned front on for sure but then he would have risked injury himself. The free kick was there and the rest was just part of the game.
Hopefully Honey is okay going forward and his time at a VFL club next year is not affected by this clash.

They are but when it is confected outrage it doesn't make sense. Christian got it right, Hurn had no real option. Unfortunate for Honey but it was just one of those things. He could have turned front on for sure but then he would have risked injury himself. The free kick was there and the rest was just part of the game.
Hopefully Honey is okay going forward and his time at a VFL club next year is not affected by this clash.

Well you could be right.
[I don't think so, but I understand we have and are entitled to various different views on things on here :)].

But -
1. The reactions to those with the opposing view were more than just saying 'It doesn't make sense.'
2. Those with opposing views were not expressing 'outrage' that I noticed.
3. How do you know their views were 'confected'? Mine weren't.

**I can see it isn't a clear cut situation and that there wasn't any great intent to cause injury - and that it all happened quickly.**
But -
1. Hurn made a [split second?] decision to make high contact with a guy who had his head down going for the ball.
2. Hurn's eyes were not on the ball.
3. I doubt the intent of bracing himself like that is just to 'protect himself'. That may be part of the motive, but what injury would he have been likely to incur had he not done that against Honey who, again, was bent over going for the ball? The other aspect to the bracing action, I would think, is normally to impact the other player, which is what happened, with unfortunate consequences.
4. In considering whether he had any other choice, I know it is against the spirit of accepted play, but he could have tried to get out of the way......... or just keep his eye on the ball and go for that rather than his opponent.
5. The ump decreed that he had made illegal head high contact, and it was done in a manner that caused serious injury which could have been way worse. So yes, I think it was possibly worthy of a suspension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back