Changes against Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised there was not a follow on announcement of 2 year contract extensions for all underperforming campaigners...

Weak as Pi$$

So McLean isn't even on the extended bench. What a f**king joke.
I’d love to see Toby do well but last time? he played after 45 touches in VFL didn’t do much really

I don’t get the angst. Our bottom 6 players aren’t up to scratch and the alternatives aren’t any better. Would be just swapping players with limitations for players with different limitations.

A draw will still loose the Weagles the No 1 draft pick, their aim this weekend will be to look competitive but still loose

Might be a case of one team wanting to lose and the other not knowing how to win.

I can't wait until we put in a fairly average performance, win by 10 goals and Bevo talks about how we've turned a corner.

Seriously anything less than a 10 goal win would be a poor result.
He’ll be topless during Bevo’s Brief baby!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think i've ever cared less about a game then this
It would absolutely suck to be the laughing stock of the league but honestly a loss would possibly be the best thing for the long term future of the club, just can’t see how we do any damage in finals when it’s well and truly proven now that we just can’t match it with the best sides.

Obviously you’d rather be in finals and hope that we flick the magic switch and at least get some enjoyment out of a finals win or two but a loss would probably demand that we actually make real changes, whatever they may be, and not sweep this season under the rug.

******* s**t position to be in either way

It would absolutely suck to be the laughing stock of the league but honestly a loss would possibly be the best thing for the long term future of the club, just can’t see how we do any damage in finals when it’s well and truly proven now that we just can’t match it with the best sides.

Obviously you’d rather be in finals and hope that we flick the magic switch and at least get some enjoyment out of a finals win or two but a loss would probably demand that we actually make real changes, whatever they may be, and not sweep this season under the rug.

******* s**t position to be in either way

A win this week just means the inevitable eventuates next week vs Geelong a loss .

I think we need to win the next 2 to make the 8 and we know we wont beat the cats

I don’t get the angst. Our bottom 6 players aren’t up to scratch and the alternatives aren’t any better. Would be just swapping players with limitations for players with different limitations.
When you say the alternatives aren’t any better, does that mean you are convinced Cleary won’t make it? I still have hope he can be a player and this round ( and next) seems a perfect opportunity to have a look at him. This is what disappoints me so much about our year - not giving younger guys a shot and returning constantly to players who have fallen short in the past.

Missed Tackles vs. Hawthorn - R22 2023
4 - B. Smith
3 - Weightman
2 - Lobb, Ugle-Hagen,
1 - Baker, Dale, Daniel, English, A. Jones, Macrae, Naughton, Poulter, Richards
0 - Bontempelli, Duryea, O’Donnell, L. Jones, Keath, Liberatore, Treloar, Vandermeer, West, Williams

8 of our 20 missed tackles came from Weightman, Lobb, JUH and Naughton, even though we're playing West Coast this week this number should be near zero.

A win this week just means the inevitable eventuates next week vs Geelong a loss .

I think we need to win the next 2 to make the 8 and we know we wont beat the cats
Actually.. that's not correct.

Missing the finals might be a good thing but don't necessarily have to win both to make it either

Amazed Vandermeer has survived
I’m not unfortunately.
If Arty Jones can put in the poor display he did as sub two weeks ago and then be rewarded by promotion to the team proper,, and on the back of that 3 possession zero tackles effort still retain his spot, nothin surprises me with our selection reasoning anymore.

PS hope VDM and Arty have great games on the weekend and show me up

When you say the alternatives aren’t any better, does that mean you are convinced Cleary won’t make it? I still have hope he can be a player and this round ( and next) seems a perfect opportunity to have a look at him. This is what disappoints me so much about our year - not giving younger guys a shot and returning constantly to players who have fallen short in the past.
I am on the fence about Cleary. I didn't like what I saw in Ballarat against GWS, but the handful of VFL games I have seen I have thought he needs a chance.

As much as I love Toby, his best is behind him. Roarke can't get on the park and Buku has gotten to the level he should have for whatever reason (and I don't blame the match committee for that), McComb ain't up to it. Rinse and repeat for some others.

JOD looks ok. Arty is a maybe.

We are suffering for the price we paid for JUH and Darcy in that we got very little in the way of other good young players in the door (not saying that we shouldn't have done what we did).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back