Changes against Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Selection integrity is just a nice buzz word that fans like to throw around whenever match selection doesn't align with their wishes.

Our side needs quality and run and carry much as much as it needs grunt. That Mclean may be better than those listed on the bench speaks as much about our depth as not does "selection integrity". Adding another slow, non agile player to the side would only compound the issues that we have.

I think there is. We've put a line through McLean and Crozier and we're looking at the other fringe players with a view to their future. We may not rate the likes of McComb, but when he and the merry go round of fringe players get promoted its usually to play on the black hole of our wings and on the back of good form at Footscray.
So what is the strategy? Give fringe players a chance to prove themselves at the expense of fielding the most in-form side?

So what is the strategy? Give fringe players a chance to prove themselves at the expense of fielding the most in-form side?
In most cases Id argue that its a simple matter of function over form.

He plays next week. He might not play again after that but he plays next week.
I can't see that happening. In the absence of Libba that time was this week.

Unless it's a dead rubber. Then there's no way known they will bring him in for a season defining game next week.

Wouldn’t McLean for Libba be the most obvious fit then? Scott for Libba isn’t function
But Scott isn't being brought in to play Libbas role. He shuffles down the ranks and performs other functions.

The MC seem to think we have enough options to cover Libba in the middle this week and prefer Scotts versatility outside of the centre square.

I presume that they see this week as a much needed opportunity to give minutes in the centre to the likes of Macrae and Smith in Libbas absence.

Adding McLean to the mix would only dilute this opportunity.

Function over form.

I think they will. Next week is not about development, attractive football or what happens the week after on a wet night at the cattery. Next week is about 4 points and 4 points only.

My prediction is that they will fill the team with dour stoppage merchants to meet the conditions and the consequences. Rested/gone will be flakey and slight bed sh1tting downhill skiiers. In will be Sweet, McLean and possibly even Gardner and we'll be taking it to the trenches.

Unless it's a dead rubber. Then there's no way known they will bring him in for a season defining game next week.

But Scott isn't being brought in to play Libbas role. He shuffles down the ranks and performs other functions.

The MC seem to think we have enough options to cover Libba in the middle this week and prefer Scotts versatility outside of the centre square.

I presume that they see this week as a much needed opportunity to give minutes in the centre to the likes of Macrae and Smith in Libbas absence.

Adding McLean to the mix would only dilute this opportunity.

Function over form.
So function over form means whatever you need it to mean? Basically says there is not strategy at selection which was my initial point

Excited to watch the boys play tomorrow. I’m always so proud of our lads. Love watching them play. Will be cheering loud and supporting the club

Are you proud of all our lads still ?
Because I’ve never been more ashamed of our club !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back