Changes against Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Next week could be a cool/cold Sat night at Geelong. Not ideal for ageing calves. Hope we don't butcher his recovery/return, need him in his prime for finals, have you herd* when he'll be back on the paddock?
Will need to pass the fitness test Mid next week to be available for Geelong.

Good to see we swung the axe, gotta keep these campaigners accountable - that should do it, * me - surprised we didn’t offer every player from the 23 last week an extra year on their contract, keep them nice and happy and certainly not hurt any feelings 😊

There could still be some changes, won’t know until tomorrow. Save some fume until then guys

Any changes wouldn’t mean much anyway against the Eagles. They don’t want to drop pick 1, even if it was close in the last quarter they would be attacking the Bulldogs end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Cleary comes in and I would've debuted Clarke for A. Jones this week but I'm not sure anyone else has really put their hand up, especially in the midfield and forward line. McLean was the standout in the VFL last week but by all accounts he's out the door at the end of the year.

In terms of ranking points for listed players in the VFL last week...

137 - McLean (28 disposals, 14 contested, 79% efficiency, 9 clearances, 1 goal)
123 - Sweet (52 hitouts, 9 to advantage, 16 disposals, 11 contested, 50% efficiency, 7 clearances, 7 score involvements)
118 - Crozier (21 disposals, 6 contested, 76% efficiency, 9 intercepts)
102 - Busslinger (22 disposals, 7 contested, 73% efficiency, 7 intercepts, 7 spoils, 7 rebounds)
84 - Clarke (15 disposals, 4 contested, 8 tackles, 5 inside 50s, 2 score assists)
78 - McNeil (15 disposals, 5 contested, 6 tackles, 2 goals)
65 - Gardner (12 disposals, 83% efficiency, 7 spoils, 3 rebounds)
62 - Khamis (11 disposals, 36% efficiency, 4 tackles, 2 shots for 0.2)
38 - Raak (5 disposals, 80% efficiency, 2 tackles, 1 goal)

A Buss and/or Clarke debut would have at least provided some excitement in this shitty season, in almost the most ideal of circumstances too.

Understand that Bevo is trying to go down swinging and will want to extract every % point he can get but it won’t do us much good in the long run. And even then, would the youngsters be any worse than what we’re dishing up? Each game into guys like those two and Cleary counts. Little taste this year before hopefully contributing next. But let’s just pump up the games tally for Scott and Baker.

Hooray for being an old yet middle of the road team.

Glad we didn’t take any selection risks against those high flying eagles ! 🤷
I'm NOT glad we brought him back on with his calf all strapped when we were 8 goals up against Richmond. What kind of idiocy is it to bring back a 30+ yo with a calf strain when the game is well and truly won?

You didn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to know when he missed last week that it was likely to be multiple weeks.

I'm NOT glad we brought him back on with his calf all strapped when we were 8 goals up against Richmond. What kind of idiocy is it to bring back a 30+ yo with a calf strain when the game is well and truly won?

You didn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to know when he missed last week that it was likely to be multiple weeks.
8 goal leads aren't safe when we have a player injured.

Those changes are so safe and vanilla. Where has crazy Bevo gone? At least it was a bit entertaining when we had 4-5 changes.

Also, how can you justify not dropping anyone after that ******* abysmal effort? Pathetic.

WC are barely a VFL quality team, they’re travelling away after being spanked by 100 in the derby. There is no chance they want to win anyway. Play one or two of the kids ffs.

I’m almost at the acceptance stage of grief for what this team once was and what it promised to be.

Hopefully Cleary comes in and I would've debuted Clarke for A. Jones this week but I'm not sure anyone else has really put their hand up, especially in the midfield and forward line. McLean was the standout in the VFL last week but by all accounts he's out the door at the end of the year.

In terms of ranking points for listed players in the VFL last week...

137 - McLean (28 disposals, 14 contested, 79% efficiency, 9 clearances, 1 goal)
123 - Sweet (52 hitouts, 9 to advantage, 16 disposals, 11 contested, 50% efficiency, 7 clearances, 7 score involvements)
118 - Crozier (21 disposals, 6 contested, 76% efficiency, 9 intercepts)
102 - Busslinger (22 disposals, 7 contested, 73% efficiency, 7 intercepts, 7 spoils, 7 rebounds)
84 - Clarke (15 disposals, 4 contested, 8 tackles, 5 inside 50s, 2 score assists)
78 - McNeil (15 disposals, 5 contested, 6 tackles, 2 goals)
65 - Gardner (12 disposals, 83% efficiency, 7 spoils, 3 rebounds)
62 - Khamis (11 disposals, 36% efficiency, 4 tackles, 2 shots for 0.2)
38 - Raak (5 disposals, 80% efficiency, 2 tackles, 1 goal)
Where do you get these ranking points from??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back